Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: David Blatt: Kevin Love is not a max player

that's it .. lebron is officially a cancer

a malignant tumor .... and a beta at it

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 47 seconds ago
    Blatt said he talked to Love about his max contract comment: "He had no problem with it"

Bran ruins every franchise he is a part of

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    Bran ruins every franchise he is a part of
    Stupid post, and an OKC fan? Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Blatt firing shots on the way out. This dude is getting canned.

props for that tho. ****m.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    It's always been his weakness since he was at UCLA. Howland used to make defensive switch at the end of games because Love just cant play defense. If he is two way player then he would have that impact like his stats suggests but he's just not it.
    Yep! I think people often tend to forget defense in the equation. For big men in particular, they are often defending guys who play closer to the basket. And those are high percentage shots. So in Love's case, defending the top PF's Davis, Blake, LMA, Pau, Zach, etc. is his Achilles heel. And if he has to guard a guy like a Bosh, Love doesn't have the foot speed to keep up. And if he's guarding a big stretch PF Dirk, he's too short and not athletic enough to even contest the shot.

And on the flip side, Love doesn't really force his will on the block scoring. So he doesn't create those double team opportunities to create shots for others. The ironic thing is that Love is a GREAT PASSING PF! But he doesn't create a lot of double team situations.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Yep! I think people often tend to forget defense in the equation. For big men in particular, they are often defending guys who play closer to the basket. And those are high percentage shots. So in Love's case, defending the top PF's Davis, Blake, LMA, Pau, Zach, etc. is his Achilles heel. And if he has to guard a guy like a Bosh, Love doesn't have the foot speed to keep up. And if he's guarding a big stretch PF Dirk, he's too short and not athletic enough to even contest the shot.

And on the flip side, Love doesn't really force his will on the block scoring. So he doesn't create those double team opportunities to create shots for others. The ironic thing is that Love is a GREAT PASSING PF! But he doesn't create a lot of double team situations.

Intelligent^^^^^basketball posting.....

Quote Originally Posted by bizil

The first part is true....the second part is very false. He was one of the most efficient scorers from the post in Minny, and he drew constant double teams (he played in a bunch of poor-shooting lineups). He posts up on the left block....so does Lebron. That's why we haven't seen him down there as much this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    The first part is true....the second part is very false. He was one of the most efficient scorers from the post in Minny, and he drew constant double teams (he played in a bunch of poor-shooting lineups). He posts up on the left block....so does Lebron. That's why we haven't seen him down there as much this season.
    Well u just answered my question for me! Minny's talent pool dictated that Love get all the attention. They simply had a lack of scoring talent on that team. So why not load up on Love.

Secondly, when u compare Love to other postup PF's like McHale, Duncan, Gasol, etc., he's NOT ON THEIR LEVEL on the block!! However, I never said Love sucked on the block. With long athletic defenders, Love can be neutralized EASIER than guys like Duncan, McHale, Gasol, etc on the block. Those guys are longer and have more of an arsenal down low than Love.

For example, Duncan and McHale were the type of players TO FORCE THEIR WILL ON THE BLOCK!! It was their bread and butter and how they enjoyed DOMINATING THE MOST!! Love's bread and butter scoring to me is being a stretch PF. And also scoring off the glass.

Love's postup game isn't on par with his passing, shooting, or rebounding. While in the case of Duncan, WHAT HE IS KNOWN best for is his interior postup game. Once again, I NEVER SAID Love sucked on the block. But he doesn't PUNISH teams on the level of many great PF's in the past. Love doesn't put the fear of God in opponents on the block like many of the great PF's. Even in the case of Blake Griffin, he can make u a poster child in the paint. LaMarcus has a sick inside-outside game, a better one than Love BECAUSE of LMA's length, athletic ability, and skillset down low.
    Last edited by bizil; 01-12-2015 at 08:35 PM.