Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter LOLCATS's Avatar

Default Religion is a disease

In my personal opinion. I have nothing against religious people, many of my best friends and favorite family members are very religious. But religion to me, is something which causes many problems in the world. I am not a racist, I am not talking about one religion in particular. All religions in my opinion are stupid, and all religious people are slaves to an invisible man. In these modern times, 90% of all religions claims have been disproven many many times, yet people continue to be religious. So in my opinion it will never stop because religious people spread their disease. I find if disgusting that people expect the US president to be a Christian. For what? What good has Christianity done for the world? We all know what problems Islam has brought to the world. But what about Judaism? Just as bad in my opinion, they all are.

Sorry for this rant. I personally myself have been affected by religion. My parents and I no longer speak because of religion. One of the reasons my ex wife left me was because of religion. So I know how it can destroy lives for petty reasons. Like I said, I know many good people who are religious. People that have hearts of gold. But when their religion comes up, they change into something else. A example is one of my Jewish friends, who I am not that close with but I met him through a friend of a friend so we know each other that way. We were talking about the news one time and someone brought up Palestinian kids getting hit by drones. My Jewish friend grinned and said they deserved it. Then just when back to conversation like nothing strange happened. That is what I mean. I was totally shocked from that moment, and it just shows that religion changes people. It is impossible to believe in a book which advocates killing for almost any reason (Bible, Koran and Torah plus many more), and still have a clean consciousness.

Please do not think I am attacking any individuals, I know better than that. Just their beliefs.

Default Re: Religion is a disease

I completely agree, but don't worry, it'll be phased out more and more in the coming generations until it is gone.

I am not a racist, I am not talking about one religion in particular
    Religious people is not a race. It has nothing to do with race. Get a dictionary and read the meaning of race and racist.

One of the reasons my ex wife left me was because of religion
    Right, and it wasn't because you was sucking dick.
    Last edited by Bandito; 01-16-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Religious people is not a race. :
    Thank you 'Dito.

Too many uneducated people. For example, uneducated racists see Arab as Muslim. So they target Muslims for racist reasons. That is just a example. Unfortunately to a lot of people race and religion are intertwined.

Banned

Islam is a problem in modern society. We need to stop the terror.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLCATS
    Too many uneducated people. For example, uneducated racists see Arab as Muslim. So they target Muslims for racist reasons. That is just a example. Unfortunately to a lot of people race and religion are intertwined.
    But is not a race. That's like one person I know saying a transgender man is a woman, but in fact is not. Some people are just delusional and should not be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Are you religious? If so you are embarrassing yourself. Its like to a goldfish calling another goldfish stupid.

But is not a race. That's like one person I know saying a transgender man is a woman, but in fact is not. Some people are just delusional and should not be taken seriously.
    Future repped.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    I completely agree, but don't worry, it'll be phased out more and more in the coming generations until it is gone.
    No it won't. I wouldn't be surprised if scientific knowledge were flipped on its arse before the death of the religious impulse. The human longing for the numinous, transcendent and unified is inherent, and there's no changing that. From my own personal experience the non-religious tend to adhere faithfully to their own dogmatisms, without evidence for them, perhaps even more so than the religious. They have their faith and their moral certainties too.

Even I must accept that my position as an anti-metaphysician is a faith and a metaphysics in itself.

Decent playground baller They Won's Avatar

I know you are trying to take a dig at the OP, but saying a transgendered man is not a woman is exactly how they want to be viewed because a transgendered man is somebody who used to be a woman, not the other way around.

Decent college freshman

The root of all evil

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    How are you not permanently banned yet? srsly...

Apparently the owner of this site seems to suffer from the same mental and spiritual disease as him.

What do Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong, and Pol Pot all have in common?