Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion is a disease

Default Re: Religion is a disease

I've been pretty anti religion for about 15 years. I've always known it was dumb but I didn't realize how destructive it is until after high school. I started reading a lot more. I listened to Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitches. They said a lot of the things I had realize for years.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

As I get older I appreciate the history of Religion and how it can be used for good. I am embarrassed that I use to listen to Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins, two miserable atheists who had as many answers as any religious person

If people only use religion for their corrupt and selfish practices, then it is a big disease indeed.

NBA sixth man of the year

Sadly, everyone cant see.I pray one day you can

Well since Bill Gates is the smartest man to ever live... here's his opinion:

Bill Gates, the richest man in the world, revealed in a recent interview that his family goes to a Catholic church and that religious morality inspires a lot of his charity work. He also shared his personal thoughts on God and the biggest issues facing the world today.

"The moral systems of religion, I think, are super important. We've raised our kids in a religious way; they've gone to the Catholic church that Melinda goes to and I participate in. I've been very lucky, and therefore I owe it to try and reduce the inequity in the world. And that's kind of a religious belief. I mean, it's at least a moral belief," Gates says in an interview with Rolling Stone in the March 27 issue of the magazine.

When asked if he believed in God, he responded, "I think it makes sense to believe in God, but exactly what decision in your life you make differently because of it, I don't know."

Noah was a good movie.

Decent college freshman

I’m starting to think disease is a religion.

Saw a basketball once

I agree with you mate

"my occultist knowledge has doubled since we last met, count"

just some random videos I stumbled upon... was kinda interesting. Actor Christopher Lee.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000489/?ref_=tt_cl_t14

didn't know Saruman was a wizard in real life.

religion is actually good for the soul the problem is when people use it to substitute logic or rationality

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    religion is actually good for the soul the problem is when people use it to substitute logic or rationality
    There are plenty other things in life that are good for the soul and does not have to dictate how you live every aspect of your life.

5-time NBA All-Star

All of us are going to die.

This is an inevitable fact.

The question is, are you prepared to come for what's after?

124,000 of the most truthful men (Prophets) that existed on this Planet came with the same exact message. And that Message is to Worship Allah alone. And that Jannah and Jahannam exist. Jahannam being more painful than the mind can comprehend. Have you ever experienced 3rd degree burn? That's NOTHING compared to the torment that is to come.

Do you know what happens on the Day of Judgment? All of us will be asked about what we did on Earth. Everybody will be scared. People who have done more good in their lifetimes than all of us combined will be TERRIFIED.

There are billions of people around the world right now, who abstain from food and drink and sex from dawn to dusk on top of praying 5 times a day, offering a minimum of 2.5% of their wealth to the poor, striving to do righteous deeds and doing their best to obey The Almighty. There are people who stay up at night praying, weeping out of fear, crying with utmost desperation --praying to be saved from Hellfire.

What I can communicate to you dear reader, is this, really, really remember Death, and pray for guidance and seek forgiveness, before it's too late. Do your absolute best to save yourself from eternal damnation, before it's too late.

Decent college freshman

Thou shall not worship the Demiurge.

dumb people are the problem