Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Default Re: So far this season, which player has had his most disappointing season of his career?

Quote Originally Posted by KembaWalker
    Oh man oh man, you guys crack me up

20ppg for a guy who averaged 8.9 points before this season AND you can tell me with a straight face this has been his most disappointing season, geez you guys are good for a laugh
    What?

I said he had a great start, but now he is averaging 14 points a game over the last 10. I'm not saying he is having a disappointed season, but definitely a disappointing January.

Also, his defense isn't that great anymore, and his shotting percentages are subpar compared to him earlier in the season.
    Last edited by Richesly; 01-19-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Default Re: So far this season, which player has had his most disappointing season of his career?

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    What?

I said he had a great start, but now he is averaging 14 points a game over the last 10. I'm not saying he is having a disappointed season, but definitely a disappointing January.
    The thread title is "player with the most disappointing season of their career", you bring up a 10 game stretch from someone currently having their best season

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Well, he's looked explosive and showed positive leadership the past few games since he's been back. We'll see how he reacts again when adversity strikes. Something LeBron James has never been great at handling.

i think he's starting to respond to all the criticism. His defense has been non-existent. His effort comes and goes in spurts. He's been undermining the coach.

Since he's come back from the injury it's been different, he's way more engaged and he's vocalized his support for the coach, but he's still not doing enough defensively. That's very dangerous when you got two young impressionable stars in Kyrie and Love who are known to be sieves. They need a wake up call, and that isn't going to come from Shawn Marion, Mike Miller, James Jones, or any other Vet not names Lebron James.

Decent playground baller

Kobe. His shot is just not falling.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i think he's starting to respond to all the criticism. His defense has been non-existent. His effort comes and goes in spurts. He's been undermining the coach.
    I think on defense he's saving himself for the playoffs. Saving his energy for the playoff push period.

He's by far, and away that team's best individual defender. What's the sense in burning himself out on that end being the team's only capable defender, while also needing to shoulder playmaking duties?

If Kyrie knew how to pass, or Love defended, this wouldn't be an issue. He could exert more effort defensively. I think he'll ramp it up come playoff time. Same way he did in 2013, and 2014 with the Heat.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Easy Answer: Its the Same Answer to the Question: Who is going to move out of his Cleveland hotel room the fastest when the season ends:

Kevin Love

What?

Also, his defense isn't that great anymore, and his shotting percentages are subpar compared to him earlier in the season.
    Either way, you're talking about a guy who has by and large flirted with a 20 ppg average all season. The thread theme is based on the entire season, not a specific sample size of 10 games.

Buckets is a borderline all star, who's having a career season which will earn him considerable MIP recognition at the end of the year. Players go on stretches where they struggle. It happens. Dude doesn't belong anywhere near a most disappointing list...

How is the answer anyone besides Nic Batum?

Al Horford

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    26, 7.4, 5.5 on 49 percent fg... shows how great someones career has been if thats their most disappointing season
    it ain't just about the stats boss

Banned

What made people believe Lance Stephenson was anything beyond an average player? So far he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's beyond the level of an all-star injury replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    He's somewhat injured.
    I'd say Kawhi, hasn't played that much, but when he did he seemed regressed from last season. And he was supposed to take that leap this year
    What are you talking about? Kawhi was phenomenal in his return game.

Probably Lance Stephenson, depends on what you were expecting from him. I thought he'd continue his solid production from Indiana.

Also Kevin Love

Current Jimmy Butler. Great start, but now he's eh.

I blame Thibs for that though.

Love by far I think.

Lin for those who give a shit about him.

Stephenson, too but I never thought he was that good. Vastly overrated.

Lebron...not individual stats wise...but team impact and expectations.

Kobe gets an honorable mention but it's really Byron that is ****ing him over. If I was Kobe I'd want him fired.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Blake Griffin.