Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: The man in the high castle (TV Show)

^ Following up with what he posted, Amazon has caved to the PC police and has decided to remove the subway advertisements.

This was great advertisement for the show to be honest.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...es-complaints/

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I just realized something. Isn't what the PC crowd is doing by censoring stuff like this the same thing that happens in the show?? Isn't it the same thing that happens in Totalitarian regimes??

PC Police = Modern day Nazis.

   

on the flip side, i think you have to pick your spots and not pointlessly insult people just because you have a chip on your shoulder about PC-ness.

take this girl for example... katherine timpf from fox news:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...s-death-843833
    [quote]As a guest on the satirical political news comedy show that airs at 3 a.m. on Fox News Channel, Timpf said: "I have never had any interest in watching space nerds poke each other with their little space nerd sticks, and I

So the man in the high castle is ****ing Hitler?

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I started watching over the weekend. It's pretty good. The performances are a bit flat yet, and it's taken the three episodes I'm in for the plot to take hold enough. The world building is the best part. Unfortunately there just isn't enough of it. Aside from the wrap around scenes where there's usually a mediocrely done digital painting of some Nazi or Japanese war propaganda on the outside of building, the rest of it is really just dressed sets and interiors that could belong to any tv show set in a rough setting.

But the Joe character and plot is finally starting to materialize, and it's enjoyable enough for me to stick it out for the payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I started watching over the weekend. It's pretty good. The performances are a bit flat yet, and it's taken the three episodes I'm in for the plot to take hold enough. The world building is the best part. Unfortunately there just isn't enough of it. Aside from the wrap around scenes where there's usually a mediocrely done digital painting of some Nazi or Japanese war propaganda on the outside of building, the rest of it is really just dressed sets and interiors that could belong to any tv show set in a rough setting.

But the Joe character and plot is finally starting to materialize, and it's enjoyable enough for me to stick it out for the payoff.
    Juliana and Tagomi become unbearable by the time you finish the season.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    on the flip side, i think you have to pick your spots and not pointlessly insult people just because you have a chip on your shoulder about PC-ness.

take this girl for example... katherine timpf from fox news:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...s-death-843833

for me, she went from funny to mildly insulting to being a clueless narcissist then to a victim in just a few sentences. i mean wow, was that some f-cking efficiency right there or what?

i mean, star wars is obviously taken very seriously by a lot of people. you don't need to be some kind of nerdly expert to understand that, you just need a clue in life.

it would be similar to me publicly insulting nascar or country music, something like that. if a couple of people were to respond with death threats, then shame on them. if a LOT of people were to send me death threats and i chose to publicly wallow in them, then i would have to admit that not only was i an idiot in the first place, but that i was then choosing to maintain my idiocy.

it's all very trumptastic.
    Isn't all of Fox News a satirical comedy show? Moving on is this show worth picking up?