Page 1 of 33 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 489
  1. #1
    Coach SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,001

    Default Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    I don't remember Keith Bogans dropping 52 in 35 minutes, going totally NBA Jam for a 37 point quarter.

    Let's be real, Steph isn't MVP. This Warriors team is utterly stacked, and built perfectly for the league today. They gun it offensively. They have unlimited amounts of great shooters, rebounders, passers, and defenders.

    All they did was get rid of dead weight, that monkey coach for a quality, intelligent head coach did wonders for that team.

  2. #2
    YAY AREAAA!! Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,467

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    Klay's doing as well as he is because he plays alongside Curry

  3. #3
    Coach SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,001

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Klay's doing as well as he is because he plays alongside Curry
    I agree. But playing along side him isn't what game him the ability to hit shots and have a 50+ performance alone. This Warriors team is stacked deep with quality talent. Calling Steph the Most Valuable would be disingenuous to the rest of the talent on that team.

  4. #4
    NBA lottery pick The_Yearning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,919

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    James Harden = MVP

    Stan Van Gundy = COY

  5. #5
    NBA Superstar Heavincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,903

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    Steph Curry is still the man on this team, make no mistake. He's gonna be leading this team to 50+ win seasons for a very long time. His game will age like fine wine.

    Besides, Lebron won MVP with Wade and Bosh on his team, so I don't see why you can't give it to Curry.

  6. #6
    NBA Legend UK2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    18,676

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I agree. But playing along side him isn't what game him the ability to hit shots and have a 50+ performance alone. This Warriors team is stacked deep with quality talent. Calling Steph the Most Valuable would be disingenuous to the rest of the talent on that team.
    Steph is the best player on the best team.

    He runs that team. He scores, he assists, he averages 2 steals per game, he defends, he rebounds FFS. He has a 28 PER and a 2.5 A/TO ratio.

    To pretend like anybody other than Steph is the MVP of that team.... is kinda dumb.

    But, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

  7. #7
    Verticle? plowking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    We goin' Sizzler
    Posts
    28,090

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    How is he not better?

    Steph is a better scorer and he is a better passer. Two most important things for a PG. And he is a better defender, barely, but he is. Both are pretty bad on that side of the ball, but at least Steph gets in the passing lanes, and he is actually getting better on the ball.

  8. #8
    NBA Superstar Heavincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,903

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    All they did was get rid of dead weight, that monkey coach for a quality, intelligent head coach did wonders for that team.
    Very true. Not sure why Mark Jackson gets so much credit for turning the team around. He just happened to be there when GS got new ownership that drafted and signed a bunch of great players.

    He was a stop gap while they searched for a championship caliber coach. Nothing more.

  9. #9
    Coach SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,001

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Besides, Lebron won MVP with Wade and Bosh on his team, so I don't see why you can't give it to Curry.
    Bron was the team's best offensive and defensie player. And clearly the league's best player. You serious, bro?

    Curry will age like fine wine in a league that no longer lets you be physical with perimeter players, yes. That is assuming his case of the glass ankles don't return. Warriors have ample offensive opportunity all around that boosts everyone's stats because of the pace and style. Shooters galore.

    Dude who responded to me literally said Klay is as good as he is because of Steph. Curry doesn't make Klay such a foridable defender, or give him the ability to knock down shot at such a high rate. Klay has offensive skills besides spot up shooting.

  10. #10
    NBA Superstar Heavincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,903

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Bron was the team's best offensive and defensie player.

    Curry will age like fine wine in a league that no longer lets you be physical with perimeter players, yes. That is assuming his case of the glass ankles don't return. Warriors have ample offensive opportunity all around that boosts everyone's stats because of the pace and style. Shooters galore.

    Dude who responded to me literally said Klay is as good as he is because of Steph. Curry doesn't make Klay such a foridable defender, or give him the ability to knock down shot at such a high rate. Klay has offensive skills besides spot up shooting.
    And Curry is easily their best offensive player, and is a plus on the defensive end as well.

    Also, the glass ankle thing is a myth. He had one injury plagued season. He's been very durable outside of that one lockout year. Much more durable than Westbrook and Rose in fact.

  11. #11
    Coach SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,001

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    And Curry is easily their best offensive player, and is a plus on the defensive end as well.
    I don't disagree he's Golden State's best player. Never said otherwise.

    But he isn't like some runaway MVP of the league. And he certainly isn't the one making Klay the player he's become. That is hyperbole.

    And no, current Steph is not a better defender than Rose. He benefits from getting in the passing lanes when superior defenders on the perimeter provide the actual ball stopping. Guy's like Klay, and Iguodala. Derrick was definitely better on ball defender, and pretty underrated as a whole in that regard.

    The overrating of what they provided offensively is laughable. Derrick did more heavy lifting for a significantly less talented, often injured supporting cast. The comaprison of offensive weapons to one another is laughable.

    Yet still

    Curry 23 ppg, 50%, 8 apg (1st Offensive Pace)
    D. Rose 25 ppg, 45%, 8 apg (23rd Offensive Pace)

    Next best offensive weapon:

    Thompson 22 ppg, 47%
    Deng 17 ppg, 46%

    How on earth is that being significantly better? Talk about over exaggerations. People get enamored with his shooting ability, and lose sight of all objectivity.

  12. #12
    NBA Superstar Heavincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,903

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I don't disagree he's Golden State's best player. Never said otherwise.

    But he isn't like some runaway MVP of the league. And he certainly isn't the one making Klay the player he's become. That is hyperbole.

    And no, current Steph is not a better defender than Rose. He benefits from getting in the passing lanes when superior defenders on the perimeter provide the actual ball stopping. Guy's like Klay, and Iguodala. Derrick was definitely better on ball defender, and pretty underrated as a whole in that regard.

    The overrating of what they provided offensively is laughable. Derrick did more heavy lifting for a significantly less talented, often injured supporting cast. The comaprison of offensive weapons to one another is laughable.

    Yet still

    Curry 23 ppg, 50%, 8 apg (1st Offensive Pace)
    D. Rose 25 ppg, 45%, 8 apg (23rd Offensive Pace)

    Next best offensive weapon:

    Thompson 22 ppg, 47%
    Deng 17 ppg, 46%

    How on earth is that being significantly better? Talk about over exaggerations. People get enamored with his shooting ability, and lose sight of all objectivity.
    I don't know who this is directed at, but I'm one of the few people on ISH who believe Rose 100% deserved his MVP. See this thread I made: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310377

    That said, I prefer Curry's game. Obviously a much better shooter, but his 2 pt% is through the roof as well. He has a great array of floaters and flip shots in the lane and generally finds a way to finish at the rim despite his relatively average athleticism.

    Give me Curry's shooting and skill over Rose's athleticism.

  13. #13
    First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    may the handsome be with you
    Posts
    20,627

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    I would still take 2011 Rose

  14. #14
    Learning to shoot layups
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    well he might be

  15. #15
    Coach SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,001

    Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikebball1
    well he might be
    He might. Playoffs will validate or not.

    But the point is everyone talks like he's definitively better. He's eye test worse defensively, although not bad himself ... same APG, while Curry is playing with more talent, on a much higher offensive pace team, 1st in the league.

    Curry averages 2 ppg less, on 5% better FG percentage. Plays with a back court running mate who averages what the same volume. Big deal.

    One is a better shooter, the other a more unstoppable player getting to the bucket and finishing?

    If anything it's a draw. Prisoners of the moment keep trying to re-write history.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •