Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Registered a domain.

Dude if I know I will have steady readers, I'll write the shit out of the NBA. Be humorous with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Wow, awesome layout for the site and some really good reads. Will share the link with some friends.
    Thanks so much man

I really appreciate it.

I do need to throw up more NBA stuff for you fellas. After the All-Star break I'll prolly go H*A*M

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    when your contract is up, find a cheaper host (as well as domain registration)

This is probably a very good tip.

Thanks bro

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    What other option is offering quality templates and ease of use to host shit at then?

I like WP
    www.squarespace.com

And look for JOE ROGAN PROMO CODE, google it.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    www.squarespace.com

And look for JOE ROGAN PROMO CODE, google it.

repped

edit: when I can give out more lol

Last edited by ROCSteady; 01-26-2015 at 05:34 AM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Dude if I know I will have steady readers, I'll write the shit out of the NBA. Be humorous with it too.
    Well, if youre good at it then youll have steady readers, man.

Do what youre the best at, and it seems like you would like to write about ball.
    I would read it

Good college starter

Im very happy to see this. Nothing is more inspiring than a man, working hard, making moves and trying to make money while bettering himself. Good luck homie. You are already better than 75% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Im very happy to see this. Nothing is more inspiring than a man, working hard, making moves and trying to make money while bettering himself. Good luck homie. You are already better than 75% of the population.

Thanks man that means a lot, honestly. Pretty gracious compliment.

I'm just trying to have a hobby that is very good for my mental well-being and I think about all these topics pretty in depth anyway. Might as well craft a little composition out of it if I have the time. Make it look good and maybe move the mental gears for others a little in ways they may not have.

Making money on the side possibly one day would be a mini dream come true

Trust me fellas, I'll focus my sports writings on basketball very soon. Football season is almost over so after the All Star Break is when it gets REALLY interesting.

I didn't sign up for this board for no reason. I love me some NBA basketball....college I'm not as knowledgable

National High School Star

Thanks man that means a lot, honestly. Pretty gracious compliment.

I'm just trying to have a hobby that is very good for my mental well-being and I think about all these topics pretty in depth anyway. Might as well craft a little composition out of it if I have the time. Make it look good and maybe move the mental gears for others a little in ways they may not have.

Making money on the side possibly one day would be a mini dream come true

Trust me fellas, I'll focus my sports writings on basketball very soon. Football season is almost over so after the All Star Break is when it gets REALLY interesting.

I didn't sign up for this board for no reason. I love me some NBA basketball....college I'm not as knowledgable
    Your design is surprisingly decent. Not necessarily what I'd do - everything is too centered (makes it less readable actually).

Do you have any stats? How many unique visits etc?

I think it's cool that you are doing this as a way to move your mental gears. To be real, that's likely all it'll ever be unless you commit yourself to exposure or turning it into a career. Just because you write a ton of stuff about sports is not much unto itself. It does give you a great chance to sharpen your skills though.

Are you interested in writing as a career? If so, I'd highly suggest spending actual time learning about social media writing. A large part of writing is having the energy to do it consistently (which you seem to have). There is no reason not to be well compensated for it.

I have many suggestions - all from personal experience trying to build a start-up related to English education in Asia.

If you do think writing is something you'd want to do use this as blog/site as your practice canvas to learn the necessary skills, time management, etc. Play around a lot with FREE website builders. I'd check out wix.com, shopify, etc just as a way to learn how to make things "look" better.

Most importantly, this chick is solid.
    http://kristihines.com/

and this guy to learn what monetizing writing or blogging is all about (though he provides tons of free good information, I find his advertising to be annoying)
    http://www.quicksprout.com/blog/

That chick though - she's ridiculously good and well paid. I emailed back and forth with her to write some stuff for our company and these are her normal rates:

Standard blog posts with approximately 600 words is $300.
    900 - 1,200 words are $600
    1,800 - 2,400 words, the rate is $1,200

Summarily, just keep knocking out articles to improve your writing. Learn about the type of writing (social media writing, etc) that pays really well. Practice that and profit and live outside the normal box of society. If you have any questions let me know. Oh, also, there are pay for write sites that are a good way to dip into writing you are not necessarily interested in (but get paid for) as a way to practice.

National High School Star

Also, I only read a little of your stuff but stop writing "pretentiously". Online writing is not supposed to read like an Existentialist essay.

[I] In Training Day, society is boxed into descriptors delegating individuals as

Well people who deeply analyze films tend to have a tad pit of pretentiousness to them so I'm not interested in dumbing down my film stuff.

The sports stuff and lifestyle stuff I'm sure would and will have a barber shop vibe to it.

I'm kind of a multi faceted person that way.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Your design is surprisingly decent. Not necessarily what I'd do - everything is too centered (makes it less readable actually).

Do you have any stats? How many unique visits etc?

I think it's cool that you are doing this as a way to move your mental gears. To be real, that's likely all it'll ever be unless you commit yourself to exposure or turning it into a career. Just because you write a ton of stuff about sports is not much unto itself. It does give you a great chance to sharpen your skills though.

Are you interested in writing as a career? If so, I'd highly suggest spending actual time learning about social media writing. A large part of writing is having the energy to do it consistently (which you seem to have). There is no reason not to be well compensated for it.

I have many suggestions - all from personal experience trying to build a start-up related to English education in Asia.

If you do think writing is something you'd want to do use this as blog/site as your practice canvas to learn the necessary skills, time management, etc. Play around a lot with FREE website builders. I'd check out wix.com, shopify, etc just as a way to learn how to make things "look" better.

Most importantly, this chick is solid.
    http://kristihines.com/

and this guy to learn what monetizing writing or blogging is all about (though he provides tons of free good information, I find his advertising to be annoying)
    http://www.quicksprout.com/blog/

That chick though - she's ridiculously good and well paid. I emailed back and forth with her to write some stuff for our company and these are her normal rates:

Standard blog posts with approximately 600 words is $300.
    900 - 1,200 words are $600
    1,800 - 2,400 words, the rate is $1,200

Summarily, just keep knocking out articles to improve your writing. Learn about the type of writing (social media writing, etc) that pays really well. Practice that and profit and live outside the normal box of society. If you have any questions let me know. Oh, also, there are pay for write sites that are a good way to dip into writing you are not necessarily interested in (but get paid for) as a way to practice.
    Great advice You're the man.

I wanna do well with my real estate license currently but I would love even more to write as a career.

My stats aren't bad for just learning how to do this. I have 218 views so far today and it's only 10 a.m. here lol so I guess it's a start

I'm reading a book on how to blog and shit for profit but I'm not counting on it to be my career, although I'd have the desire and all that to put in work and try to make six figures like the author of the book set out to do.

I looked into a blogging conference in VA I may try and go to; make connections and try to maximize on efficiency....

maybe even try to bang some hard working writer chicks
    Last edited by ROCSteady; 01-26-2015 at 10:59 AM.

[QUOTE=sundizz]Also, I only read a little of your stuff but stop writing "pretentiously". Online writing is not supposed to read like an Existentialist essay.

[I] In Training Day, society is boxed into descriptors delegating individuals as

Well people who deeply analyze films tend to have a tad pit of pretentiousness to them so I'm not interested in dumbing down my film stuff.
    Yes, but it feels like you're reaching in your film reviews (only read American Sniper). That your language is getting in the way of itself.

PM me, if you're interested something more thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Yes, but it feels like you're reaching in your film reviews (only read American Sniper). That your language is getting in the way of itself.

PM me, if you're interested something more thorough.
    Ok, thanks for the constructive criticism. I'm certainly open to hearing it as long as I can see your point.