Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Will Wiggins ROTY award be considered legit?

Smoke getting ruined left and right.

Give it up. Melo was better. More PPG, better shooting percentages (I know you branstans love that shit), more RPG, better win gain (26 more games won vs. what, 18 more games won? lol).

Melo was straight robbed.

I'm not saying Melo has been better since. No shit Bran has accomplished more. But don't think for a second you wouldn't think bran was robbed if their positions were switched their first season. You'd all be bleating about he was robbed and don't try to deny it.

Melo and LeBron should have shared ROY. It's been done before.

No surprise that the dummies who vote for ROY would choose LBJ over Melo. It's all politics, life usually is.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Bucks will win 40+ games this year. Wolves will be lucky to get 20. If Jabari had stayed healthy he would've won ROY and it wouldn't have been close.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I don't think anybody will care if Wiggins continues to improve and ends up with nice stats.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwarrior
    Bucks will win 40+ games this year. Wolves will be lucky to get 20. If Jabari had stayed healthy he would've won ROY and it wouldn't have been close.
    lol it would have been close.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

I think Jabari would of won, but it would be pretty tight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Some people can't help up but bring LeBron. And on an award he won 11 years ago too lol. Let's try to keep this on topic at the least though.

Awards don't have asterisks or legitmacy controversy because of injuries. Injuries happen every single year. The player pool in the league is different every year. And actually if every rookie was still in, it's likely Wiggins would have the best stats right after his recent play. He was pretty much neck and neck with Parker statistically (save for rebounds and fg%) before he went down, and Wiggins has gone up 4 ppg since then. Parker was inevitably going to improve and bring his stats up as well, but I don't think he was going to go on a streak of this magnitude. Other players like Randle and Gordon to be honest I never really saw winning ROY.

The last guy people can argue is Embiid, and none of us really know what could've happened there, but even if he put up 20/10 (which wasn't going to happen right away) that's really only one guy that would've for sure beat Wiggins. Hardly a reason to call the entire award illegitimate.

Though I think that Parker would have won had he stayed healthy, agree with everything else.

Staying healthy is a great advantage, does anybody bring Oden to bash Durant? Would LeBron's team be able to win 60+ if he missed games? There have been so many greats or would be greats who wish they could even have one or two more years of healthy bodies.

Who cares about the ROY award?

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    It will come with an * just like Lebron's titles
    I read this to fast. I was concerned why Lebrons titties would have asterisks.

+1

Wiggins simply putting up inefficient empty stats right now. Despite his hot month, he takes a ton of shots for not a lot of points.

His PER is still no higher than 13.

He is still 2nd in negative plus/minus on his team.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Bucks still getting wins Without Jabari though. It's not like he was the key to their success.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Smoke getting ruined left and right.

Give it up. Melo was better. More PPG, better shooting percentages (I know you branstans love that shit), more RPG, better win gain (26 more games won vs. what, 18 more games won? lol).

Melo was straight robbed.
    More points and rebounds? Sure. Melo scored 0.1 PPG more than LeBron. He averaged a whooping 0.6 RPG more than LeBron as well. Yeah, lets forget about the FACT that LeBron averaged 3.1 assists MORE than Melo. Heck, LeBron in his rookie year averaged more APG than Melo ever did in his entire career. Melo had a significantly better team and won ~5 games more than LeBron. Idiot.