Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: GT: Rockets vs Mavericks (1/27/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Profound
    Good out of bounds defense or just terrible back to back out of bounds execution...
    i think rockets are ranked 2nd in defense right now

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I tuned in late. I was like "wow, this is a close game." Then I realized Dwight isn't playing.

Remember when Dallas was stacked and one of the Western Conference favorites and Houston wasn't a lock for the playoffs? Can't even beat a Dwight-less Houston Rockets team.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    I tuned in late. I was like "wow, this is a close game." Then I realized Dwight isn't playing.

Remember when Dallas was stacked and one of the Western Conference favorites and Houston wasn't a lock for the playoffs? Can't even beat a Dwight-less Houston Rockets team.
    the rondo was horrible. with a ball dominate guard like Ellis it never made any sense and is looking even worse. Rondo is a terrible off the ball player.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    i think rockets are ranked 2nd in defense right now
    Having added guys like Ariza, Brewer and Smith should really pay off in the playoffs, as long as they hit some threes and one of them doesn't fall in love with it... Still a bit concerned with Harden having to do so much but as long as they play defense and rebound they should be fine.

Having added guys like Ariza, Brewer and Smith should really pay off in the playoffs, as long as they hit some threes and one of them doesn't fall in love with it... Still a bit concerned with Harden having to do so much but as long as they play defense and rebound they should be fine.

yea me too, although tonight was a good example of harden not doing too much and everyone else picking up the slack. i've been saying it all season though, i won't feel good about a deep playoff run until we have another playmaker.

Banned

Houston fans around the world getting the big W tonight

The rest of the league holding a huge L.

YouGotServed

Quote Originally Posted by RightTwoCensor
    Houston fans around the world getting the big W tonight

The rest of the league holding a huge L.
    The league isn't ready.

NBA lottery pick

Jones is actually a very good one on one defender as well. He has the ability to not get beat off the dribble and Is a good weakside help shot blocker.Once Dwight hopefully ges healthy, our defense will be frightning when everyone is healthy. The only team that I think we would struggle matchup wise with is the Warriors. They give us fits.

Banned

They are a marginally better team with Howard and still won't win a round in the postseason.

In a few words, eat a dick, son.

YouGotServed

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    They are a marginally better team with Howard and still won't win a round in the postseason.

In a few words, eat a dick, son.

Banned

Your team barely beat a reeling Mavs squad that was on the 2nd night of a B2B with the league's oldest starting 5. In other words, not an impressive win.

Just remember the next two games are both in Dallas.

Banned

Your team barely beat a reeling Mavs squad that was on the 2nd night of a B2B with the league's oldest starting 5. In other words, not an impressive win.

That's your excuse? Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Hey guess what? The Rockets beat the Mavs 2 times in a row... without Dwight

Fun Fact: The Mavs play the rockets 4x on a back2back this season.

The loss today is 200% on Rondo though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    That's your excuse? Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Hey guess what? The Rockets beat the Mavs 2 times in a row... without Dwight
    Who cares? He's not even the best player on the Rockets and is easily replaceable.

The fact you barely beat an old, average team on the 2nd night of a back to back is even more unimpressive.