Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Are we to behave in a manner that denies the reality that Andrew Wiggins isn't dashit

wiggins is the shit

cy@

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Are we to behave in a manner that denies the reality that Andrew Wiggins isn't dashit

Quote Originally Posted by truhooper
    15.5 ppg, 4 rpg, 1.8 ast, 43% is threadworthy

Kobe Bryant - 15.4 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 42.8 FG%.

rookie Andrew Wiggins = sophomore Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    This is where you are a f*cking moron.

'Empty' means of no value, like with Kevin Love last season on a Timberwolves team with veterans that were expected to take the next step
    yeah...stopped reading right there. That team was booty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Wiggins is the new Kobe. Get used to this guy beasting for the next decade and a half.

The trade will go down in infamy for Cleveland.
    Unless they win a ring with Lebron

Banned

How can a top flight prospect win only 8 games coming into the ASB? How is it that he's won half the games than a Paul George-less Pacers?

Quote Originally Posted by truhooper
    15.5 ppg, 4 rpg, 1.8 ast, 43% is threadworthy
    I love when people do this with numbers. Round only the numbers that help their agenda.

Why not just say he's putting up 16/4/2 on 43/37/73? That's a pretty solid line for a rookie, let alone one on a team this dysfunctional. You'll never see this many unforced turnovers or shot clock violations from a professional team. From the lack of point guards to their big men holding the ball way too long (especially Dieng) and letting a bunch of time come off the shot clock, or just the general lack of ball movement or concept of a pass. Almost all his points he has to manufacture in iso situations or post ups because of the lack of offensive flow. If he was playing on a team with decent offensive players, he'd take about the same number of shots, but probably be 2-3% more efficient and closer to 18 ppg.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Thee only thing I would like to see from Wiggins is for him to disable the cruise control. Break it, damage it, whatever needs to be done? Get rid of it. He has moments where he goes into cruise control and I think he needs to always be imposing his will on the game. Hoping he develops an edge, cockyness, attitude with him. Maybe thats something you have or dont have. Maybe you can gain it. I want an AI, Tmac, Kobe vibe from him. That I'm da shit f*ck you hold my d!ck while snobs like RMWG go "Ugh, you're no longer my fav player with such vulgar language. I now label you a thug".

Other than that he's been very impressive. That jumper will taking him a long way in the NBA. Normally its the other way around a player so athletically gifted needs to get that jumper. He already has it. The form, release is nice and his step back move it ridiculous. Interested to see if he is the savior in that sad place called Minnesota.

I asked asked if I would trade Embiid for him. No, but they could have our first rd pick unprotected. Shit I'd throw in Miami first rd pick as well. 2 firsts 2015 for Wiggins. What he has/does is what the Sixers are looking for right now. Once he fills his body out like Kobe, Tmac did? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    This is pretty much what I expected out of Wiggins. He may be slightly more imposing when his game is on than I anticipated, but all the signs were there that his game was going to work better on the professional level than it did in college.

I said in the lead-up to the draft that I was reminded of Russell Westbrook in that way. Not that their games are similar, but two hyper-athletic guys who looked relatively "ordinary" at times in college because there is so much less space to work with... And then the first time you saw them on the professional level, you immediately knew that they were meant to play basketball on this level. The college game often bogs down for these kinds of players because the floor is so crowded and to truly utilize those natural gifts, a little bit more space is necessary.

Being that athletic and having that kind of jumpshot right out of the gates, along with elite defensive traits... there's just no way that was going to fail in the NBA. We still don't know where he'll end up when he's in his prime and how much he'll impact the game, but I think it is safe to say at this stage that he's going to be at least a very good NBA player. Based on what I've seen -- which is admittedly not a lot -- I'm thinking his floor is still All-Star level.

His ceiling is out of sight.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Honestly I thought Wiggins would average a 12/7/3. I guess I wasn't far off. Not nearly as decent of a passer as I thought. He will be a solid player in the league. I think he's 2 years to becoming a star. Maybe 3-4 years from being a superstar. His handles need to improve. He needs to improve his decision making. His jumpshot isn't that bad, this usually gets better with age in the NBA. LeBron shot 39% his rookie season and now he's a very effective scorer.

Wiggins was a pleasant surprise, I thought he was incredibly raw as a player to have been an impact player at 15-16 ppg as a rookie . I can't really figure out his possible peak though.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Honestly I thought Wiggins would average a 12/7/3. I guess I wasn't far off. Not nearly as decent of a passer as I thought. He will be a solid player in the league. I think he's 2 years to becoming a star. Maybe 3-4 years from being a superstar. His handles need to improve. He needs to improve his decision making. His jumpshot isn't that bad, this usually gets better with age in the NBA. LeBron shot 39% his rookie season and now he's a very effective scorer.

Wiggins was a pleasant surprise, I thought he was incredibly raw as a player to have been an impact player at 15-16 ppg as a rookie . I can't really figure out his possible peak though.
    His jumper has been really impressive, imo. You don't see guys with his level of athleticism step into the league with a jumpshot looking that good too often. Usually, those guys spend their formative years destroying overmatched opponents with their natural gifts alone.

Then, when they get to the league and are playing with more comparable physical freaks, it will take them a few years to figure out their mechanics and get on track way out on the perimeter.

I mean, Kevin Durant shot 28.8% from three in his rookie year. Wiggins is currently at 36.7%, which is better than three of Durant's first four years in the league, just for comparison's sake.

He has the potential to be scary if he can get his handle together and he starts to figure out how to control a game with his pacing.

I think he'll be a good player, could be Rudy Gay good? Maybe Scottie Pippen?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jyap9675
    I think he'll be a good player, could be Rudy Gay good? Maybe Scottie Pippen?
    he's already better than Rudy Gay, destroyed him twice head to head, don't be such a dullard with your 2014 talking points.

There is a new iOS Wiggins update, I think you need to download it.