Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Brady vs Duncan--you know it was coming

Duncan is one of the best basketball players I've ever seen.

Brady is without question the best football player I've ever seen.

Considering how many more football players there are in the NFL than basketball players in the NBA, I'd say Brady > Duncan easily.

The more I think about it, the more I think Brady has had the more impressive career. He's a a couple of fluke plays from having 6 Superbowl rings (one of them being the greatest season in NFL history). That said, I think Duncan is the better individual player in his respective sport. I don't think Brady is a "system QB", but I don't think he has anywhere near the same career with a different organization. Hell, had Drew Bledsoe not got injured we may not even know who Tom Brady is right now. IMO Duncan is an all time great on any team, in any situation, with any coach. That's the main difference between the two. In terms of how things actually played out, give me Brady.

Banned

1 SB ring is equivalent to 2 NBA rings.

Most SB rings as a player is Charles Haley(49ers, Cowboys) with 5. He still hasnt been selected to the HOF.

That just shows you how hard it is to get multiple SB rings.

But it's a dumb comparison, dumb debate. 2 sports that's polar opposites.

Duncan has always been roleplayer-lite and one of the most boring players ever. He was born to be a 3rd-4th option.

Brady on the other hand is more comparable to Kobe if anything. Born winner, GOAT level longetivity and the GOAT in his sport.
    Last edited by G0ATbe; 02-02-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Duncan is one of the best basketball players I've ever seen.

Brady is without question the best football player I've ever seen.

Considering how many more football players there are in the NFL than basketball players in the NBA, I'd say Brady > Duncan easily.

Not trying to be funny, but when did you start watching football?

Brady didn't really do anything impressive it was a banged up legion of boom with Jeremy Lane out after a pick and Simon got owned by Edelman twice on the same play in the end zone after Brady missed the first time. How many times did Brady pass to his RB boooring
    Of course Gronk is going to catch that TD pass on the LB nothing. Brady made a couple of good throws but didn't do anything that impressive. Edelman should've been MVP

Quote Originally Posted by deja vu
    Looks like you haven't been outside the US.
    It's a typical US response, the majority of them have no clue what happens outside their country, they are controlled more than the countries they ridicule for being controlled. If most of them knew what their country was actually doing around the world(instead of the propaganda they get fed) there would be a lot more rioting. The rich don't realize that when the poor get big enough in number, they will have nothing to lose, and the army of the rich(police/military) have been provoking them and taking a lot of heat for doing whatever they want. The US is heading in a bad direction and the majority of their population doesn't even realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacAttack
    Messi isnt even the best of his generation.
    Oh boy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    It's a typical US response, the majority of them have no clue what happens outside their country, they are controlled more than the countries they ridicule for being controlled. If most of them knew what their country was actually doing around the world(instead of the propaganda they get fed) there would be a lot more rioting. The rich don't realize that when the poor get big enough in number, they will have nothing to lose, and the army of the rich(police/military) have been provoking them and taking a lot of heat for doing whatever they want. The US is heading in a bad direction and the majority of their population doesn't even realize it.

Plenty of us realize it. It's not an easy fix. There has to be a nation wide wealth redistribution over the coming decades or sooner...or we really will be on the verge of the average person just getting fed up and taking what they want.

So much of the problems in the U.S. are all connected...your zip code you are born into sadly determines so much about your future.

I know many smart and driven people working in think tanks tirelessly on these issues....but it's very hard to overhaul the health system, dietary issues, education issues, fair wage concerns...etc.

I have hope we will pull through the coming years like we always have, but no doubt it could get really really bad.

This comparison doesn't really make sense. Duncan is boring and has literally like 12 fans in the world. Brady is a legitimate worldwide star up there with Pele, Ali and Jordan. In 10 years no one will know who Duncan is outside of NBA fans

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    This comparison doesn't really make sense. Duncan is boring and has literally like 12 fans in the world. Brady is a legitimate worldwide star up there with Pele, Ali and Jordan. In 10 years no one will know who Duncan is outside of NBA fans
    So by the same token, AI > Duncan. And you know, Kareem doesn't exactly have popularity either (though he did choose it to be that way)?

This thread is obviously about ability. Also, Duncan was almost always among the most popular players in the league.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 02-02-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    So by the same token, AI > Duncan. And you know, Kareem doesn't exactly have popularity either (though he did choose it to be that way)?

This thread is obviously about ability, you nub.
    The thread is Brady vs Duncan, I was pointing out how little sense it made to compare these two. If Duncan could be compared to a QB it would be someone like Roger Staubach. Two all time great players who nobody outside of legit fans of the sport give a shit about. Brady is an icon, he's Jordan.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Son i'm european and before this thread i had no clue who the f* Brady was. Pele, Ali, Jordan on the other hand are on a different stratosphere. I don't think you know what worldwide means...