Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Kareem picks Big O, not Jordan as GREATER

Kareem has no bias...****ing hell what a dumbass thing to say.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacAttack
    Kareem has no bias...****ing hell what a dumbass thing to say.
    he really doesn't, though. this is the same guy who feuded with wilt for decades (throwing verbal jabs at wilt in his books) - and just a year or two ago, when he finally got his statue built @ staples, said wilt was the GOAT. the best player he played against.

yeah oscar was his teammate - but not for very long. in fact, oscar is seldom talked about in GOAT discussions.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    he really doesn't, though. this is the same guy who feuded with wilt for decades (throwing verbal jabs at wilt in his books) - and just a year or two ago, when he finally got his statue built @ staples, said wilt was the GOAT. the best player he played against.

yeah oscar was his teammate - but not for very long. in fact, oscar is seldom talked about in GOAT discussions.

Your BS is very easy to see through

You type in this condescending tone to sound older than you actually are, implying that you have more wisdom/knowledge
    You know MJ is the greatest of all time, you just seek the attention more and spend mad hours on here trolling so people will acknowledge you

Btw the same fuel that pumps the "jordan mythology" car(Nike) is the same that lebron uses, null argument

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Who here watched him Play?

Exactly.
    I did. I even saw him play in high school. That's right I'm really old. I have always said Big O was the greatest non-center I had ever seen. They use to say all Big O did was back you down and shoot over you. Only thing was no one could stop him from doing that. Plus he was a great passer and re bounder he was a fundamental player. For the young folks on here he was the Tim Duncan of guards.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pharcyde

You type in this condescending tone to sound older than you actually are, implying that you have more wisdom/knowledge
    You know MJ is the greatest of all time, you just seek the attention more and spend mad hours on here trolling so people will acknowledge you

Btw the same fuel that pumps the "jordan mythology" car(Nike) is the same that lebron uses, null argument
    I don't see that at all. I've had some good discussions with him and Roundball_Rock on here. I haven't been very active on this website, and I really don't know the past history between you guys, but this sounds a lot like slander.

For example, how could you possibly KNOW he thinks Jordan is the GOAT? From my POV, CavsFTW, mehya, Roundball, and Pslies are Wilt/Kareem/Shaq fans that don't subscribe to this belief.

I also included this quote in a post yesterday I believe (?) -- good to see you making a thread about it.

Oscar Robertson was unreal. If you take John Stockton and added 4 inches, 40-50 lbs muscle, and the low post footwork and head-fakes of MJ, then that's the type of player Oscar was. And that's not hyperbole in any sense. He wasn't explosive athletically, but like Bird, Magic, Duncan, Nash, and Stockton...he didn't have to be. Agility, hand-eye coordination, reflexes, precision (fundamentals), and anticipation can make a player dominant.

I don't consider him a GOAT candidate, but still one of the greatest perimeter players ever.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by insidious301
    I don't see that at all. I've had some good discussions with him and Roundball_Rock on here. I haven't been very active on this website, and I really don't know the past history between you guys, but this sounds a lot like slander.

For example, how could you possibly KNOW he thinks Jordan is the GOAT? From my POV, CavsFTW, mehya, Roundball, and Pslies are Wilt/Kareem/Shaq fans that don't subscribe to this belief.
    i've literally never seen that guy post. appreciate your sentiments though

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    YouTube highlights...

That tells the whole story
    sheeeeeeeeit probably half the people on this site only seen Jordan in highlights....

the GOAT center has spoken

it's funny because kareem has literally zero bias in this discussion. before he retired, the bulls were the lakers and celtics whipping boys. overall, cap makes a solid argument too.
    So the "GOAT CENTER" and the "GOAT GOAT" only won 1 title in the weakest era of basketball together

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Exactly. Kareem on the other hand who is often talked about in goat discussions, picks a player who is regularly ranked below himself(Big O) in all time list as better than the goat.

Other than that though he has proven to be a fairly bitter man and is picking the player who would be considered more from his era, like most old guys do.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Two bull moose are not ever going to get along. They ain't built that way.

I respect Kareem's opinion as I think he was one of the GOAT's but Oscar didn't lead a team to 6 championships. That has to be taken into consideration.

the GOAT center has spoken

it's funny because kareem has literally zero bias in this discussion. before he retired, the bulls were the lakers and celtics whipping boys. overall, cap makes a solid argument too.

OP can't help making an ass out of himself.

Brutal post

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

/thread.