Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: ASG: Korver in for Wade

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    And if a role playing 4th option on a team makes the All Star game? The NBA is already in trouble.
    Korver is as valuable to their team as Millsap.

He is playing excellent this season.

I wouldn't call him a role player any more than Manu was in his 2 allstar seasons.

Everyone has a role, some people think bouncing the ball around 20 times at top of the key is more important than the SG's role.

I tend to disagree, when comparing Knight and Korver.

Serious playground baller

korver is a non box-score all star. The offensive impact he has on the floor is greater than some 20 ppg scorers.

The gravitational pull korver causes when he is coming off of screens is near the top of the league. (One ESPN article statisically showed that hes number 2 only to stephen curry.)

He literally sucks whole defenses when hes moving off the ball, and it opens up so much for the hawks
    Last edited by Big Cheese; 02-10-2015 at 10:59 PM.

No problem with Korver, but I would have liked to see Knight make it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Korver is as valuable to their team as Millsap.

He is playing excellent this season.

I wouldn't call him a role player any more than Manu was in his 2 allstar seasons.

Everyone has a role, some people think bouncing the ball around 20 times at top of the key is more important than the SG's role.

I tend to disagree, when comparing Knight and Korver.
    I hear you. At the end of the day I dont know why I even argue All Star selections. Korver probably will get 10mins if that. But you have to give B.Knight some credit for this season. He's performed well for the Bucks even if you wouldnt pick him for the AS team.

As someone else mentioned he is more entertaining of a selection. It should be fun to watch. He deserves the recognition too because he has played off the charts. His defense has been surprisingly good to boot.

I'm fine with it.

Korver is stroke as fck

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Just got to say I never imagined that Kyle Korver would become an all star. still remember back in his Utah days where he played little and could literally ONLY hit threes. He was always good though as a 12th pick on my fantasy draft on 2k back when he was rated 62 overall or something.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

Thats what happens when u pick all stars based off winning. If a guys is putting up 20pts 11+ rebounds for multiple years but his team sucks shouldn't get punished for it. What if Cavs had continued to suck and Lebron still put up his same numbers should he not be an All star? Now they give All star selections to role players.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Wow, that's a terrible selection.

Nobody on the Mavs made it, that's ridiculous. Dirk or Monta should've made it over Korver.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo

Nobody on the Mavs made it, that's ridiculous. Dirk or Monta should've made it over Korver.
    Dirk has been non-factor this year.. I really don't know how the mavs have won so many games. I'm actually more surprised Tyson Chandler didn't make it..... and thats saying something haha

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Korver > Knight. Good to see people are recognizing true impact and not volume #s.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Delighted for Korver. Kind of harsh on Brandon Knight but can't argue against Kyle. He has been sensational this season and the 50/50/90 record is something pretty unique. Probably, this would be the last time Korver would ever be able to make the All-Star team while Knight has plenty of time on his side.

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo

And how would that have happened? If I'm not mistaken, the Mavs are still in the West

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Korver > Knight. Good to see people are recognizing true impact and not volume #s.
    This. Korver's impact far surpasses Knight's by a wide margin. For this season only I'm sure every team in the league would rather have Korver than Knight for good reason.

Decent playground baller

Congrats to Korver. Well deserved.