Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: SNL 40 - Feb 15 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPopazit
    The best part was the intro, but it was decent throughout.
    Not my favorite part, but that was good too. Completely re-doing the Super Bass O Matic was unnecessary and needed more of a spin to it, and I have never been a fan of the Californians.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    They say Eddie Murphy still have a bad blood with Lorne and SNL because of a skit making fun of him and his bomb movies years ago. Could be the reason why he did virtually nothing at the show.
    He wouldn't have been there for bad blood. Plus he gave Lorne huge ratings last night. I for probably wouldn't have watched if Eddie wasn't gonna appear.

You're not helping someone out you don't like. Plus he said all that was behind him. That David Spade sketch is over 20-25 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Plus he gave Lorne huge ratings last night.
    The huge list of alumni and celebrity guests would be enough to draw the much without Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    The huge list of alumni and celebrity guests would be enough to draw the much without Eddie.
    I doubt it. Mike Myers is cool but I bet more people were tuned it to see Murphy scream "I'm Gumby Dammit" than here Mike Myers scream "swing."

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Nobody cares about Eddie Murphy in 2015, he hasn't had a hit movie in like ten years.

Decent playground baller

I think some tuned in for Eddie, but a very small fraction. So small that it really doesn't matter whether he was there or not. Sadly, Adam Sandler's appearance was more enjoyable.

Chappelle. Not sure why he's here but hey.
    Where was he?

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Where was he?
    In the audience. He was like 4 people from Seinfeld. A lot of people were there like JB Smoove and Jon Bon Jovi not shown.

Decent playground baller

In the audience. He was like 4 people from Seinfeld. A lot of people were there like JB Smoove and Jon Bon Jovi not shown.
    JB Smoove was a writer on SNL, so that is no surprise.

National High School Star

He wouldn't have been there for bad blood. Plus he gave Lorne huge ratings last night. I for probably wouldn't have watched if Eddie wasn't gonna appear.

You're not helping someone out you don't like. Plus he said all that was behind him. That David Spade sketch is over 20-25 years old.

The 'look a falling star ' sketch? If that's what pissed off Eddie Murphy so much he is indeed a very petty man.

He made some unkind jokes about people during his career & most people laughed it off.

Eddie Murphy's huge ego & inflated view of himself probably explains his lack of edge & ability to /will to make us laugh anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Lizard
    JB Smoove was a writer on SNL, so that is no surprise.
    Yeah, but he wasn't used in any bits/sketches. I just seen him on the red carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    The 'look a falling star ' sketch? If that's what pissed off Eddie Murphy so much he is indeed a very petty man.

He made some unkind jokes about people during his career & most people laughed it off.

Eddie Murphy's huge ego & inflated view of himself probably explains his lack of edge & ability to /will to make us laugh anymore .
    It might go back further than that. There was an SNL 15 special where he apparently sent brother Charlie and Big Fruity in his place. This was before Spade was even on the cast.

Maybe all his older friends getting back into stand up like Keenen and Damon Wayans, Arsenio, Robert Townsend, Martin Lawrence recently will get him up on a stage again.

It might go back further than that. There was an SNL 15 special where he apparently sent brother Charlie and Big Fruity in his place. This was before Spade was even on the cast.

Maybe all his older friends getting back into stand up like Keenen and Damon Wayans, Arsenio, Robert Townsend, Martin Lawrence recently will get him up on a stage again.
    I don't know what the problem is , but Murphy seems to take himself too seriously & lost some of his edge . A part of being a comedian is being able to laugh at oneself as well.

I have heard him getting back to stand-up for quite some time , but unlike others he doesn't seem to be too anxious to do it. Unlike Jay Leno, Joan Rivers, etc.....& others he doesn't seem to love doing stand up as much.

As long as his bank statements are okay it seems he will stay away from it.

I hope he returns soon ,but Eddie Murphy seems more like Sir Edwin Murphy Esquire these days .

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    I don't know what the problem is , but Murphy seems to take himself too seriously & lost some of his edge . A part of being a comedian is being able to laugh at oneself as well.

I have heard him getting back to stand-up for quite some time , but unlike others he doesn't seem to be too anxious to do it. Unlike Jay Leno, Joan Rivers, etc.....& others he doesn't seem to love doing stand up as much.

As long as his bank statements are okay it seems he will stay away from it.

I hope he returns soon ,but Eddie Murphy seems more like Sir Edwin Murphy Esquire these days .
    Even when Spike TV had that Murph tribute special, he seemed odd. I don't think it was just this SNL special.

Even when Spike TV had that Murph tribute special, he seemed odd. I don't think it was just this SNL special.
    I just saw some clips online & Arsenio Hall claimed that Murphy is just "really shy" & simply "felt uncomfortable having his butt kissed for 2 hours". I don't know he just seems different.

There are reports directly from Norm McDonald(Twitter) saying that he tried hard to get Eddie to play Bill Cosby on "SNL 40"?

It was the 'potent potables' Jeopardy sketch in which Bill Cosby was the bartender about to reveal his mixed drink recipe.

He says Murphy declined to play Cosby & 'didn't want to kick a man while he was down' .

Cosby released a statement saying , "I am very appreciative of Eddie & I applaud his actions". Cosby probably feels he has few 'friends' left & he knows that would have been all the talk for days had Eddie played him mixing drinks.

Maybe Eddie felt SNL/Spade were 'kicking him while was down' as well & explains his anger .