Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Serious playground baller CP343's Avatar

Default Re: SNL 40 - Feb 15 2015

^ Of course Cosby would applaud that.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    I just saw some clips online & Arsenio Hall claimed that Murphy is just "really shy" & simply "felt uncomfortable having his butt kissed for 2 hours". I don't know he just seems different.

There are reports directly from Norm McDonald(Twitter) saying that he tried hard to get Eddie to play Bill Cosby on "SNL 40"?

It was the 'potent potables' Jeopardy sketch in which Bill Cosby was the bartender about to reveal his mixed drink recipe.

He says Murphy declined to play Cosby & 'didn't want to kick a man while he was down' .

Cosby released a statement saying , "I am very appreciative of Eddie & I applaud his actions". Cosby probably feels he has few 'friends' left & he knows that would have been all the talk for days had Eddie played him mixing drinks.

Maybe Eddie felt SNL/Spade were 'kicking him while was down' as well & explains his anger .
    Eddie is the opposite of "shy"

I think he is just done...done with everything outside of voices for Shrek

He's rich, doesn't want to work much any more...

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

Yeah, I think the "bitter" possibility makes more sense than "shy."

Any chance that there is reference or jokes about the special in the next episode?

That's poor taste for SNL to even ask Eddie to do that. I'm surprised he even showed up after that. Yeah, Eddie mad fun of Bill when he was 25 but did they really think he was going to do that?

I'm surprised Kenan Thompson played that role considering he played Fat Albert in that movie.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

Not the Eddie we think we know & loved. Another poster says 'bitter' , but I feel its more 'aloofness' . Eddie had phenomenal successs at an early age( credited with saving SNL at 19 years old & at the same time became a blockbuster movie star) & I feel it has gotten to his head a bit.

I agree & said the same thing earlier that he doesn't seem to care & as long as his bank account is okay we probably will not see the old Eddie. The exact opposite of comics just as wealthy or wealthier like Seinfeld & Leno who will nearly die onstage because they love it.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    That's poor taste for SNL to even ask Eddie to do that. I'm surprised he even showed up after that. Yeah, Eddie mad fun of Bill when he was 25 but did they really think he was going to do that?

I'm surprised Kenan Thompson played that role considering he played Fat Albert in that movie.
    I chuckled a bit & said 'that's f'ed up' when I saw the sketch

Murphy may have been taking a stand ,but I honestly feel that he simply wasn't interested in doing any skits not just Cosby. Murphy wasn't going to do anything let alone Cosby.

Thompson did an interview with Howard Stern a few years ago (before the allegations really went viral) & said that the "Mr Dad" we know is a facade & that "Cosby is a fricking pervert" .

He wasn't being disrespectful & said he respected /loved Cosby , but he was being very open about personal interactions with Cosby(general not much Specifics).

Obviously Thompson doesn't feel Cosby is off limits.

Its about 8 mins long on YouTube. "Keenan Thompson talks Cosby on H Stern"

I chuckled a bit & said 'that's f'ed up' when I saw the sketch

Murphy may have been taking a stand ,but I honestly feel that he simply wasn't interested in doing any skits not just Cosby. Murphy wasn't going to do anything let alone Cosby.

Thompson did an interview with Howard Stern a few years ago (before the allegations really went viral) & said that the "Mr Dad" we know is a facade & that "Cosby is a fricking pervert" .

He wasn't being disrespectful & said he respected /loved Cosby , but he was being very open about personal interactions with Cosby(general not much Specifics).

Obviously Thompson doesn't feel Cosby is off limits.

Its about 8 mins long on YouTube. "Keenan Thompson talks Cosby on H Stern"
    Thompson is a cast member on the show. He would do anything they ask him to or he'd be without a job like his buddy Kel Mitchell.

And he's also a young guy. Not only Murphy, but I doubt all the hot black comics from the 80s and 90s aren't touching Cosby. Damon Wayans, Arsenio, Sinbad, Martin Lawrence, Chris Rock, Chappelle, DL Hughley, Faizon Love, ect. They are not messing with Bill. Those guys have to much respect for Bill to go at him. I have yet to see any of those guys have a bit on Murphy since everything went down and all have been doing stand up on a somewhat regular basis since (besides Martin who just came back last week.)

Aries Spears did a web sketch about him, but it's Aries Spears.

I never thought of that connection.

Thompson is a cast member on the show. He would do anything they ask him to or he'd be without a job
    Didn't think about that, makes sense.

Thompson is a cast member on the show. He would do anything they ask him to or he'd be without a job like his buddy Kel Mitchell.

And he's also a young guy. Not only Murphy, but I doubt all the hot black comics from the 80s and 90s aren't touching Cosby. Damon Wayans, Arsenio, Sinbad, Martin Lawrence, Chris Rock, Chappelle, DL Hughley, Faizon Love, ect. They are not messing with Bill. Those guys have to much respect for Bill to go at him. I have yet to see any of those guys have a bit on Murphy since everything went down and all have been doing stand up on a somewhat regular basis since (besides Martin who just came back last week.)

Aries Spears did a web sketch about him, but it's Aries Spears.

You seem to have a strong pulse on this & this is exactly what Comedian John Witherspoon just conveyed on MSNBC earlier.

Says that he would never do it out of respect to Cosby (kicking a man while he's down) & realizes Thompson & Hannibal are just young hungry comedians trying to be edgy.

Cosby influenced, inspired & helped many of these comedians & they are secure /successful enough not to disrespect him.

In fact the strongest quote they could find from an older Black comedian about Cosby was Chris Rock(may not be an exact quote but close from memory).

Rock said : " This has been a weird year 2014 . We've lost Robin Williams, Joan Rivers & kind of lost Bill Cosby".. That's it.

Certainly shows the respect & admiration among older Black comedians many who Cosby were very generous to.

You seem to have a strong pulse on this & this is exactly what Comedian John Witherspoon just conveyed on MSNBC earlier.

Says that he would never do it out of respect to Cosby (kicking a man while he's down) & realizes Thompson & Hannibal are just young hungry comedians trying to be edgy.

Cosby influenced, inspired & helped many of these comedians & they are secure /successful enough not to disrespect him.

In fact the strongest quote they could find from an older Black comedian about Cosby was Chris Rock(may not be an exact quote but close from memory).

Rock said : " This has been a weird year 2014 . We've lost Robin Williams, Joan Rivers & kind of lost Bill Cosby".. That's it.

Certainly shows the respect & admiration among older Black comedians many who Cosby were very generous to.
    You just don't really here comics talking about each other, on stage at least.

I've never heard comics bring up Richard Pryor's relationship with a tranny or Eddie Murphy picking up a tranny.

Actually Marlon Wayans bought up Richard relationship on a special about the Improv and he somewhat said something about Cosby on a radio interview earlier this month. But it wasn't too bad, the Cosby mention at least.

"Wh0re Ads"

Celtics 2016 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    "Wh0re Ads"
    i'll take Le tItS now

Quote Originally Posted by That_Admiral
    i'll take Le tItS now
    That was great. I expected the 1st play on words, but did not expect this one.