Krust Kingz

Default Thoughts and Opinions (hip hop related)

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Thoughts and Opinions (hip hop related)

Eminem is the GOAT.

Earned not given

Rap has really gone down the drain the past 5 years...

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    Rap has really gone down the drain the past 5 years...
    I disagree there has actually been a resurgence you just have to look in the right place. On that same note, the early 2000s had subpar rappers.

Go back an listen to guys like 50 cent and Nelly. These guys fell off because they were never that good at rapping. They just had good songs for the time.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    I disagree there has actually been a resurgence you just have to look in the right place. On that same note, the early 2000s had subpar rappers.

Go back an listen to guys like 50 cent and Nelly. These guys fell off because they were never that good at rapping. They just had good songs for the time.
    Yeah 50 Cent and Nelly fell off quick. Get Rich or Die Trying was fire though. That album was solid top to bottom.

As for todays music, I haven't seen that resurgence at all. Then again, I'm not exactly looking for it. I prefer to stay with what I know will be good in my opinion and hear about good stuff through word of mouth.
    Last edited by chosen_one6; 02-17-2015 at 01:40 AM.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    Yeah 50 Cent and Nelly fell off quick. Get Rich or Die Trying was fire though. That album was solid top to bottom.

As for todays music, I haven't seen that resurgence at all. Then again, I'm not exactly looking for it. I prefer to stay with what I know will be good in my opinion and hear about good stuff through word of mouth.
    50 Cent's debut album: Power to the Dollar was also very solid atm. 50 cent WAS hugeee in NYC during the mid 2000s. He fell off really quickly, I guess since we were all young teens we didn't know enough about the history of hip hop and rap to know that 50 cent really was just a meh rapper with some ridiculous production to back him up .

I'm not a huge fan of Kendrick Lamar but I have talked to a few people who are very into hip hop and said he can revive the rap scene.