Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: BREAKING: Perkins commits to Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Who did that?

I don't think a lot of people understood what Mozgov was going to do for this team. Lots of people were questioning giving up two 1sts for him at the time. Truth is, he was easily worth that for us... and probably more.

Perkins, on the other hand, is simply insurance and he was had for nothing but a roster spot. Completely different situation and need.

Mozgov was needed to help turn this team into a legitimate title contender and he cost us our most valuable assets. Perkins was needed to help insure that Mozgov's impact won't be totally and completely lost if he is off the court in a key situation. He cost us nothing.
    So Perkins wont really play much?

Cant he be decent as a back up center?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    So Perkins wont really play much?

Cant he be decent as a back up center?
    I expect him to play 10-15 minutes a game, maybe. Yeah, he'll play. The beauty of having Perkins is that now, when we take Mozgov out of the game, we don't have to "go small." That option is still there with Love/Thompson, Love/LBJ, Thompson/LBJ and toss Marion in there when he gets back healthy. I'm sure we'll still utilize it quite a bit.

But now, unlike before, Blatt actually has the option of taking Mozgov out and not losing the size on the interior. This will allow Thompson to play more at his natural position and Timo the opportunity to sit regardless of the lineup the opposition has on the floor.

Just basically gives the roster much more flexibility. Perkins will play in pretty much every game, I'm sure. But, he won't be out there for 20 minutes a night like he was in OKC. I'm not saying it will never happen, but not consistently.

At least, that's my best guess at the situation. Today's NBA is all about roster flexibility and versatility. The Cavs added something in that category that they didn't have prior (a true backup center). Hell, Blatt could even get crazy occasionally and go with a BIG rotation... LBJ/Shump/Marion/Mozgov/Perkins. That group could literally switch everything and expend very little energy defensively.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I expect him to play 10-15 minutes a game, maybe. Yeah, he'll play. The beauty of having Perkins is that now, when we take Mozgov out of the game, we don't have to "go small." That option is still there with Love/Thompson, Love/LBJ, Thompson/LBJ and toss Marion in there when he gets back healthy. I'm sure we'll still utilize it quite a bit.

But now, unlike before, Blatt actually has the option of taking Mozgov out and not losing the size on the interior. This will allow Thompson to play more at his natural position and Timo the opportunity to sit regardless of the lineup the opposition has on the floor.

Just basically gives the roster much more flexibility. Perkins will play in pretty much every game, I'm sure. But, he won't be out there for 20 minutes a night like he was in OKC. I'm not saying it will never happen, but not consistently.

At least, that's my best guess at the situation. Today's NBA is all about roster flexibility and versatility. The Cavs added something in that category that they didn't have prior (a true backup center). Hell, Blatt could even get crazy occasionally and go with a BIG rotation... LBJ/Shump/Marion/Mozgov/Perkins. That group could literally switch everything and expend very little energy defensively.

Hopefully Perkins can revive his career in Cleveland. Hes only 30

Are Cleveland fans actually excited about this acquisition?

I swear with the way OKC fans were talking, Perkins was a straight up negative everytime he stepped onto the floor

Banned

perkins is fat, dumb and slow. Just a big body than can do nothing but foul. Pretty much like mozgov. They just stand there clogging the paint and doing nothing but fouling and turning the ball over.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    perkins is fat, dumb and slow. Just a big body than can do nothing but foul. Pretty much like mozgov. They just stand there clogging the paint and doing nothing but fouling and turning the ball over.
    Mozgov has been great on the Cavs so far.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

stacked

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Mozgov is skilled and surprisingly athletic try again.

Local High School Star