Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Banned

Default Re: Ancient Egypt appreciation thread (Black History month

mentuhotep ii

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Is Piye also known as Piahki??? I think he would later unite upper and lower Egypt? Yes, unlike other invader takeovers he didn't destroy what was foreign to him. Or more likely people hate what they don't understand. But Pianki was similarly rooting in the same spirituality so he wasn't destructive. They had their own Pyramid thing going on in Kush.
    Actually there were more pyramids built in Kush(Sudan) than Egypt ,but not on the scale of the Great pyramid.

Piankhi is another name for Piye & he fellt that he was on a holy war of sorts to restore old Egyptian religious /cultural traditions. The Nubians felt that they were rightful heirs to the throne of Egypt & Egyptians appealed to them to kick out the Lybians & protect them form the growing Assyrians.

Oddly Piye did consolidate Egypt once again (much of it through peaceful submission) , but immediately left Egypt for Kush & never returned.

It was his son Taharqa who moved to Egypt & began the renaissance by with some of the largest restoration/building of Temples, Public works projects & built some of the 1st pyramids in over 500 years .

Internet rumors are that Will Smith is supposed to plortray the Great Taharqa in a feature film(rumors only I have read).

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    This has historically been the way the middle east has always been. Skin color and racial features are so varied there anyway, the important thing has always been about which empire or religion did you belong to.

Maiherpi , an important official who is buried in the Valley of the Kings is a good example of modern race bias.

Because Maiherpi is depicted with very dark skin instead of dark brown hue of the 'Egyptians" & also seems to have woolly braided hair he is/was called "Nubian".

But it wasn't his real hair they eventually found out & only woolly braided wigs like many other Egyptian mummies.

Nowhere does the ancient Egyptian writings or tomb descriptions refer to Maiherpi as a "Nubian". He is Egyptian.

Only modern European archeologist with their modern views of race call Maiherpi Nubian. If 'race' were as important to Egyptians as it was to a modern Western world we would have been made aware of this.

Its

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    what evidence is there that ancient egyptians were black?
    if they were black how come there is no evidence that they got genocided or something that caused them to be displaced by current day Arabs?

Groups of people do get replaced throughout human history from time to time.
    Eg. Native americans by white europeans, but there is usually a lot of evidence

Eg. Dzungar genocide

How come there is no evidence that black egyptians were displaced by arabs if they used to control egypt?

The Assyrian King Esarhaddon after conquering the 25th Dynasty of Nubia:

"All Ethiopians I deported from Egypt-leaving not even one to do homage to me.". -Esarhaddon

Sounds like the Assyrians (none for their brutal tactics) set out on a mass deportation of the very darkest skinned people & it surely happened (mass fleeing/deportations) during the many wars/unrest/natural disasters,etc..

Beforehand the Egyptians appealed to the Nubians to repel the Lybians who had already dominated Egypt & certainly changed the demographics. Changed so much so that they were incompetent at defending themselves any longer & looked to culture closest to them(Nubians) & the Egyptian spiritual homeland for salvation/restoration.

The Lybians , Berbers & others had already overwhelmed Egypt at such a busy crossroad. After the Assyrians the Persians came, then the Romans/Greeks(maybe hundreds of thousands) & finally the Arabs.

Unimaginable to believe the ancient Egyptians complexion /demographic hasn't changed after so much mass immigration/integration.

Only the 25th dynasty. And they ruled for only a hundred of years.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

1) they weren't black.

2) Greece shit on them.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rlsmooth775 View Post
    King tuts grandmother
    Her actual mummy.

I know...I know. RACIST!!!

5-time NBA All-Star

The better Egyptian threads were when Dresta and I would have it out. I was amused, that in general, you guys have him as the most scholarly on here. Well, I do admit he could really do an essay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard View Post
    The better Egyptian threads were when Dresta and I would have it out. I was amused, that in general, you guys have him as the most scholarly on here. Well, I do admit he could really do an essay.

Dresta, NumberSix, BasedTom, starface, JEFFERSON MONEY, Pointguard, DonDadda taking over historical/racial/social/cultural matters on ISH...

peak times.

Btw I ask, who does rlsmooth remind you of in this thread?

Only the 25th Dynasty were of African Descent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty...nasty_of_Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Only the 25th Dynasty were of African Descent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty...nasty_of_Egypt
    Egyptians are African

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Egyptians are African
    well, no. not african-african. not black.