Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question The application of Philosophy?

What real purpose does Philosophy have? It's all theoretical interpretations of the human consciousness... I feel as though it's purpose is to help craft your own view upon the world, humanity, society, existence... Personally, I take a little bit of Plato, Nietzsche, Aristotle, Socrates, Marx and forge my own 'Philosophy'.

I take the content from each famous Philosopher that I feel is fluent within my understanding and applicable to my existence in the universe. I take the raw questioning and idealism of Plato, and blend it with Nietzsche's refuted stance on systems and ideals that hold back the individuality of the human consciousness.

The question is often ask of the purpose of Philosophy... It is a tool to scaffold your life, the foundations of your values, beliefs and ideals that will undermine your every action and deed...
    Last edited by Im Still Ballin; 03-03-2015 at 12:05 AM.

Banned

Default Re: The application of Philosophy?

tl;dr
    headass

gtfo stop ruining the thread

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Wow, so deep. 5 Star thread.

buzz off unless your here to apologize
    Last edited by Im Still Ballin; 03-03-2015 at 12:15 AM.

Banned

A lot of legal codes and political government structures flowed from different philosophers/philosophies. They have also been the catalyst for revolutions/upheavals (ie, Thomas Paine's 'Common Sense' leading to the American Revolution, the Enlightenment philosophies of Rousseau and Montesquieu leading to the French Revolution).

live.love.tsk

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    **** off unless your here to apologize
    Reported.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    **** off unless your here to apologize
    Please stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    A lot of legal codes and political government structures flowed from different philosophers/philosophies. They have also been the catalyst for revolutions/upheavals (ie, Thomas Paine's 'Common Sense' leading to the American Revolution, the Enlightenment philosophies of Rousseau and Montesquieu leading to the French Revolution).
    Alright good point I didn't think about it that way

Banned

Reported the OP>

Why? there's nothing wrong with it...

The Force I study.

Without philosophy, there would be no science. Philosophy can exist without science, but science cannot exist without it. Why? Science at its core is a theory. It is a product of the mind. Philosophy will always be ahead of science because it does not require scientific proofs (observation) to reach its conclusions. Reason is enough. For example, I don't need a year long study to prove listening to classical music will help a person study for an exam versus other types of music. Reason would dictate classical music helps me study better because of its soft, slow, smooth, peaceful sound as oppose to rock or rap music.

That is just an elementary example but truth can be found through other means than just observation of the environment, which makes philosophy more applicable than science since it deals with areas science can't touch. Philosophy can tell you how to live your life, everything about politics, what morality is, whether or not religion is true, it can tell you about your environment (materialism) and the mind (consciousness), it talks about art, theater, mathematics, logic etc. and on top of that it created science.

Philosophy is highly underrated.

To sum it up, if you want to be a one trick pony, then be a science guy. If you want to take the easy route and go off one book to tell you how to live your life, get into religion, but if you want to know everything there is to know about human existence including understanding religion and science and everything there is to know about it, be a philosopher.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    To sum it up, if you want to be a one trick pony, then be a science guy. If you want to take the easy route and go off one book to tell you how to live your life, get into religion, but if you want to know everything there is to know about human existence including understanding religion and science and everything there is to know about it, be a philosopher.

Aint errbody built that way tho.

Only the strong