Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Hair drug test for marijuana

They can take hair from other parts of your body than your head if you shave it off.

You're basically ****ed on the hair test bro. Urine tests are a different story and they usually test at 50ng/ml for jobs which means if you had been clean and you slip up one time, you can test negative within 3-4 days (have personally confirmed this 3 times, like an idiot).

But with the hair it's pretty much game over. WTF kind of company uses a hair test? Is your employer the Department of Defense? I've had several tech/industry jobs and all of them did urine testing. Hair tests are much more expensive.

Earned not given

Alright so I did the test. They took hair off of my armpits with scissors because my beard and head hair are too short. The fact that the nurse used scissors kinda gives me some hope because its really hard to get all the way down to the root, and considering that I took one puff 4 days ago, I highly doubt my armpit hair grew fast enough to show anything. Anyway, I should be hearing back from them next Tuesday so I will bump the thread once I get the results.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    They can take hair from other parts of your body than your head if you shave it off.

You're basically ****ed on the hair test bro. Urine tests are a different story and they usually test at 50ng/ml for jobs which means if you had been clean and you slip up one time, you can test negative within 3-4 days (have personally confirmed this 3 times, like an idiot).

But with the hair it's pretty much game over. WTF kind of company uses a hair test? Is your employer the Department of Defense? I've had several tech/industry jobs and all of them did urine testing. Hair tests are much more expensive.
    A lot of big companies are moving from urine to hair testing. When I joined my current company (fortune 500) it was a urine test and recently found out they changed it to hair.

Body hair is better if you recently used unless they plucked it, but it can go back as far as a year. Have you gotten high on anything the past 9-12 months?

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Body hair is better if you recently used unless they plucked it, but it can go back as far as a year. Have you gotten high on anything the past 9-12 months?
    The only thing I've done is marijuana and I've only done it 3 times in the past 12 months.

Lol, you got high 3 times the past year and just took a hair test?

Earned not given

Lol, you got high 3 times the past year and just took a hair test?
    Yeah. I cut my hair every 3-4 weeks though. I cut it to a 1 or 1 1/2.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    The only thing I've done is marijuana and I've only done it 3 times in the past 12 months.
    You're done. Pack it up.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPopazit
    You're done. Pack it up.
    Hair tests use up to 1.5 inches from the root, which equates to 90 days. The shorter your hair, the shorter the duration. My hair isn't even an inch long. Probably half an inch, if that. IF they do find any traces of marijuana, it'll be from that one puff last weekend, that's if my hair even grew fast enough for it to show up on the test.

You said yourself they took it from arm pit hair. Which grows much slower. Probably a years worth in an inch.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I don't think I'd want to work in a place that does hair drug tests. Unless I am a jumbo jet pilot or something where they want to entrust hundreds of lives to me, that seems a bit over-the-top.

Hair tests are supposed to be infallible; that's the point. He might be OK if it really was just a puff, but they're designed to be extraordinarily sensitive for both usage and time. I believe they go for up to 6 months assuming you didn't cut your hair.
    Well yeah my original post was joking, in seriousness I think OP might be ****ed. I'm not super aware of the technical details of hair tests but from what I know the situation doesn't look great.

Earned not given

You said yourself they took it from arm pit hair. Which grows much slower. Probably a years worth in an inch.
    Which would be true if I never cut or trimmed my armpit hair....but I shave my armpit hair down every once in a while with clippers. I think I'll be fine.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

shhhhhhh