Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Default Hypothetical: What would happen if Westbrook is matched up against prime Iverson?

Westbrook is much bigger and much more physically imposing, while Iverson went through much bigger defender throughout the years and is one of the greatest volume scorer the league has seen.

How do you imagine their head to head would be like?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Hypothetical: What would happen if Westbrook is matched up against prime Iverson?

What would happen? 65+ shots, 70 to maybe 75 points...I imagine.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Default Re: Hypothetical: What would happen if Westbrook is matched up against prime Iverson?

Iverson would burn him with his raw speed and 40+ inch vert (keep in mind WB only has a poverty 36.5 inch vert)

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    Iverson would burn him with his raw speed and 40+ inch vert (keep in mind WB only has a poverty 36.5 inch vert)
    Gotta love how Iverson...a guy who once averaged 31ppg on an absurd 28 shots...is going to burn everyone when these revisionist clowns look back. It's really hilarious how nostalgia has overrated Iverson.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 02-28-2015 at 03:01 AM.

cool guy

A LOT of shots with a good amount of entertainment.

Both guys would get they wanted on offense. I think AI was a slightly better shooter and slasher, who got the FT line even more than Westbrook does. Iverson had better lateral quickness which made him a better man defender than Westbrook, and he was also great at gambling for steals. Westbrook is a better rebounder and a more versatile defender (post, blocks, etc.) than AI. Both guys are insanely competitive, and it would be a great matchup, but I give the edge to AI.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Westshook would take notes from AI on how to be Alpha as ****

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Both guys would get they wanted on offense. I think AI was a slightly better shooter and slasher, who got the FT line even more than Westbrook does. Iverson had better lateral quickness which made him a better man defender than Westbrook, and he was also great at gambling for steals. Westbrook is a better rebounder and a more versatile defender (post, blocks, etc.) than AI. Both guys are insanely competitive, and it would be a great matchup, but I give the edge to AI.
    keep in mind iversons world class athleticism (probably fastest player in nba history and a 40+inch vert)

id take AI over russ tbh though i love both, but russ backing down AI on every possession wouldnt be a pretty sight lol

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    id take AI over russ tbh though i love both, but russ backing down AI on every possession wouldnt be a pretty sight lol

I thought about this. Then I realized neither Westbrook nor Brooks would be intelligent enough to deploy this strategy.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Gotta love how Iverson...a guy who once averaged 31ppg on an absurd 28 shots...is going to burn everyone when these revisionist clowns look back. It's really hilarious how nostalgia has overrated Iverson.
    36 points on 28 shots in today's rule Bro while shooting 13 FT per game. You gonna be all over his **** cuz you only look at stats
    Last edited by Shih508; 02-28-2015 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shih508
    36 points on 28 shots in today's rule Bro while shooting 13 FT per game. You gonna be all over his **** cuz you only look at stats
    Yeah I never saw him play...right you are. idiot...****.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

AI's ass would be bleeding..

lol, GOATbrook would murder Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    AI got to the finals playing SG

pretty sure he could have handled Chuckbrook's "size". teamdefense