Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Scientific Study Finds that Americans born between 1995-2005 are....

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Thats bullshit. Most countries literally have a lower average income than the American poverty rate. Really, most of these international statistics about education and stuff are bullshit. For example the US has the highest college graduation rate of maybe all but four countries, and the highest median income of all but three, so the idea that we're falling behind doesnt line up with reality.
    I think the key in what he said was in comparison to developed nations. US has a very rich middle class and so on but those stuck in minimum salary doesn't have a lot going on for them and compared to other "developed" countries US has a lot of people in the bottom percentile.

I went through the last OCED report and US is defintely not top 4 in college graduation. US college graduation rate is slipping every year currently and there is I think 15 countries that has higher graduation rate.

Default Re: Scientific Study Finds that Americans born between 1995-2005 are....

Thats bullshit. Most countries literally have a lower average income than the American poverty rate. Really, most of these international statistics about education and stuff are bullshit. For example the US has the highest college graduation rate of maybe all but four countries, and the highest median income of all but three, so the idea that we're falling behind doesnt line up with reality.
    I still am a conspiracy theorist. I think America is hella brainwashed and that they want people to be dumb. I'd call that the net generation.

Funny because with the internet, the ability to find information has risen... the internet can be used to put info out there that cannot be suppressed (for instance, nudie leaks or wikileaks), but most people stay in the 'controlled' area and thus get brainwashed.

We've got it where people don't even look for news anymore, they just read what's fed to them. Some sensationalist articles about celebs and a few funny cat vids.

It's only gonna get worse, trust me.

Not to mention our country is slipping hard in product quality, too. We're imploding.

-Smak

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I still am a conspiracy theorist. I think America is hella brainwashed[/B] and that they want people to be dumb. I'd call that the net generation.

Funny because with the internet, the ability to find information has risen... the internet can be used to put info out there that cannot be suppressed (for instance, nudie leaks or wikileaks), but most people stay in the 'controlled' area and thus get brainwashed.

We've got it where people don't even look for news anymore, they just read what's fed to them. Some sensationalist articles about celebs and a few funny cat vids.

It's only gonna get worse, trust me.

Not to mention our country is slipping hard in product quality, too. We're imploding.

-Smak

The masses have always generally been like this although when you're working long hours laboring just to survive and have far more limited access to information as was the case in yesteryear, it's somewhat understandable.

People today have a shitload of free time, even when they're ON the clock, and they STILL do nothing but fill their senses with the most mindless shit. They don't even have to be brainwashed to do this, they apparently just choose it on their own.

That's just the way it is. Aww yeah.

Things will (always) be the same.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Read: international statistics are BS... except those that cast the US in a positive light.

This is true. Americans in general are very rich compared to the rest of the world. I think we have the fourth highest median income worldwide. Three countries higher have like a population of 1 million combined

NBA rookie of the year

Not surprising, for anyone who has ever traveled to richer areas of Asia or the Nordic countries. The cultures are far more conducive to raising quality people.

Japan = Number One

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Japan = Number One
    Soulless physically underdeveloped weird bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    This is true. Americans in general are very rich compared to the rest of the world. I think we have the fourth highest median income worldwide. Three countries higher have like a population of 1 million combined
    lol, median income

More like Americans born between 1975-2015 M I RITE?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    I assure you our median income is heavily weighted on the rich end by a few significant parties.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I assure you our median income is heavily weighted on the rich end by a few significant parties.
    Yeah but the median isn't effected by those high incomes. It's the exact middle lol. The mean income is like 20k higher than the median which helps show the income inequality we have in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    lol, median income
    What's wrong with median income? And before you say it, the top 1% has barely any effect on median, only mean

Median being pretty high means that there are more rich people in the US than people think

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah but the median isn't effected by those high incomes. It's the exact middle lol. The mean income is like 20k higher than the median which helps show the income inequality we have in the US.
    Lol whoops mah bad