Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default KU tracked, Chamberlain had 2 triple doubles at Kansas, averaged 6.1bpg

December 8th 1956 (Wilt's 2nd NCAA Game)
    39 points, 22 rebounds, 14 blocked shots

March 9th, 1957 (This game exists on film)
    40 points, 13 rebounds, 12 blocked shots

The fact that the March 9th Colorado game exists on film and exactly 12 blocked shots can be counted serves to validate these unofficial blocked shots numbers could all be legitimate.

Indicates Wilt blocked 187 shots his sophomore campaign, and 120 his junior season. 302 for his 2 season NCAA career.

With blocked shots included his seasons/career averages look like this:

1957:
    29.6ppg, 18.9rpg, 6.9bpg (27 games)

1958:
    30.1ppg, 17.5rpg, 5.7bpg (21 games)

Career:
    29.9ppg, 18.3rpg, 6.1bpg

I had come across some of this blocked shot data before, but never had the details as to who the source was, nor that exactly two of Wilt's NCAA games were triple doubles.

Banned

Default Re: KU tracked, Chamberlain had 2 triple doubles at Kansas, averaged 6.1bpg

Good point but he wouldn't make the NBA today

Default Re: KU tracked, Chamberlain had 2 triple doubles at Kansas, averaged 6.1bpg

Show me the players he was playing against so I can laugh.

Some legendary performances no doubt

yet he didn't win a single NBA championship at KU....pathetic

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

stop you become the 3ball of wilt
    90% of people didn't see wilt playing and because of not internet and videos we can measure him with today players,his stats are the best but you can't change an opionion of someone who didn't watch him

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleas
    stop you become the 3ball of wilt
    90% of people didn't see wilt playing and because of not internet and videos we can measure him with today players,his stats are the best but you can't change an opionion of someone who didn't watch him
    I provide data, as I find it. I'm not out to change peoples minds, just sharing my passion as I know at least a few other posters on here enjoy seeing it. Don't want to see the data? Don't click on my threads. I make highlights, I often make documentaries, provide clips, pictures, newspaper articles about either Wilt, or anyone who played basketball around that period of time. I'm not the "3ball" of anything, I'm just a passionate fan of the game particularly drawn in to that time in the games history and I'm not afraid to share it. Who are you again, what do you bring to ISH?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

wilt keeping stans shook 24/7

what's new

Top 1 Bball Mind.

No one doubts that wilt dominated meaningless games in the 60s. It just means little when talking about him as an ATG. Weak era.

Banned

only 6 blocks? i thought the guy was blocking 10 shots a game minimum

more lies exposed

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

more lies exposed
    Lmao and in the NBA no less. I actually had a wilt Stan tell me he'd average 8ish blocks today....in the 3 point era

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

more lies exposed
    The only lie you exposed is the straw man lie you just created by yourself.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    The only lie you exposed is the straw man lie you just created by yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePQKD9iBfU

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Lmao and in the NBA no less. I actually had a wilt Stan tell me he'd average 8ish blocks today....in the 3 point era
    I can't comment on your Wilt stan story, but it is very very likely he did average more blocks in the NBA than he did in the NCAA. He played 8 more minutes a game in the NBA and a shot clock went from completely non-existent in his NCAA career where team strategies often involved freezing the ball, to 24 seconds in the NBA - all his other stats went up once he reached the NBA, so why do you think his blocks wouldn't?

Also let's rewind here... are you guys actually laughing at a 6.1bpg NCAA career?

Banned

I would destroy Wilt if I was facing him in a game, would turn him into a 2/7 instead of a 2/6