Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: celtics and lakers missing the playoffs again

Don't be writing the Celtics off yet, they're still in the running for the playoffs out East

Fingers crossed.....we may just make it.

Kobe chasing off superstars and taking a huge contract he didn't deserve is what happened to the Lakers. No star is even gonna think about joining the Lakers until he is gone for good.
    Boston might make it this year though.

i'm pretty confident the Celtics will make it...

there are a lot of signs that they are actually a legit playoff team.

Their improving defense
    their record in back to backs has been impressive
    they are defending their home court and starting to compete well on the road

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    i'm pretty confident the Celtics will make it...

there are a lot of signs that they are actually a legit playoff team.

Their improving defense
    their record in back to backs has been impressive
    they are defending their home court and starting to compete well on the road
    It would be nice if they made it, but I'm not sure you can ever really call a 38 win EC playoff team 'legit'. Not when the Pelicans and Thunder are duking it out for the 8 seed over on the other side.

Not to promote the tanking mentality, but wouldn't the Celtics stand to gain more by missing the playoffs this year, considering their stockpiles of draft picks?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Celtics have a good shot of making it this year, be good to see them make it..

Lakers will hopefully be back next year depending if Mitch wakes the fu*k up and actually signs some players.. Hopefully a top 5 pick, and a ton of cap space to play with plus healthy randle and hopefully kobe..

Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 03-18-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    Not to promote the tanking mentality, but wouldn't the Celtics stand to gain more by missing the playoffs this year, considering their stockpiles of draft picks?
    Given Brooklyn's current trajectory and the fact that we own several of their 1st-round picks over the next few years, I'm less worried about our own draft position.

We're not gonna land a marquee free agent this summer...we probably aren't going to make any earth-shattering trades...and unless the world goes completely crazy, we're not going to win a title anytime soon. But I'm beginning to see the strands of Danny's and Brad's long-term plans and I like what I'm seeing. I trust them completely to bring the right guys in to make us a better team, no matter where we draft. Had you told me that we were going to dump Rondo and Jeff Green in exchange for Isaiah Thomas, Jonas Jerebko, Jae Crowder and Luigi Datome...and we'd have one of the best post-deadline records in the East as a result, I'd have called you crazy. But...that's why I'm not the guy in charge of the Celtics.

So frankly, I don't care about tanking to get a better draft spot. We have more 1sts right now than we'll ever use...teams are going to want them for one reason or another. We're going to have cap space to play with, which Danny loves. In the meantime, I want to see the guys we have right now fighting it out as hard as they can, win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

Good look with that.
    Thank you. Appreciate that. Good luck to you as well.

Just remember that the Laker bandwagon is closed.

2016 champs

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    It would be nice if they made it, but I'm not sure you can ever really call a 38 win EC playoff team 'legit'. Not when the Pelicans and Thunder are duking it out for the 8 seed over on the other side.
    Fair point but i was comparing them to the Toronto\Chicago\Washington and Bucks of the world. Feel like their current trend has them playing at a comparable level. I'll say the Celtics defense is playing at a similar rate right now compared to when the Raps were a better defensive team.