Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will Wade make All-NBA this year?

Westbrook, Harden, and Curry are obvious locks, then you have guys like Irving, Klay, Lillard, Butler, CP3 and Wall in strong contention. Do you think Wade will get an All-NBA nod this season?
    Last edited by SouBeachTalents; 03-18-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Default Re: Will Wade make All-NBA this year?

Not a chance. Missed too many games and he's well below his standards.

Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Paul, Lillard, Lowry, Irving, Butler (although he's missed some time now too), Thompson, etc... probably all more deserving.

And if these teams factor in team record, I can't see Wade being seriously considered.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Paul, Lillard, Lowry, Irving, Butler (although he's missed some time now too), Thompson, etc... probably all more deserving.

And if these teams factor in team record, I can't see Wade being seriously considered.
    This....

I don't see how he can makes it over guards like Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Lowry, Klay, Lillard, Butler, Irving, Teague, and Wall.

Nah, I can't see it happening. He might win POTM in the eastern conference for March though. So far at 27/4/5/2 on 55%.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs
    I don't see how he can makes it over guards like Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Lowry, Klay, Lillard, Butler, Irving, Teague, and Wall.
    Wade is arguably better than all of them.

First Team - CP3 & Curry
    Second Team - Harden & WB
    Third Team - Klay & Wall

He is the MVP, so yes.

Banned

No.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Wade is having a great year, but he's missed a lot of games.

He's putting up 21.6/3.7/5.2

No way Jimmy Butler deserves it over him

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Wade is having a great year, but he's missed a lot of games.

He's putting up 21.6/3.7/5.2

No way Jimmy Butler deserves it over him
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rp...RPM/position/2

I personally don't think it's very close. I can see some arguments for Wade. But Jimmy clearly has the upper-hand in this race, meaning you need to make Wade's case for All-NBA over him, not the other way around.

Decent playground baller ButterFace's Avatar

No way.

He would make the All-NBA Defensive Scrubs 1st team

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

First of all the answer to the question is, no, he won't make it. He's missed too many games.

However, Wade is still better in the regular season than anyone above, except the first four or maybe five on your list. Throw out your RAPM, win shares, ORTG, DRTG and all that crap (the Jimmy Butler comparison above is a crock; also because it's one of the most errant pieces of so-called conventional wisdom this year, let me add, Thompson is not better than Wade, not remotely).

The only question you need to ask is if these guys could be slotted in for Wade and do what he does for the Heat-- the go-to scorer and playmaker, the game manager and floor general, the guy who draws double and triple teams and sometimes beats them himself-- the guy who you depend on make the critical shots and the other plays too. If they can't, they're not on his level. Period.

And the reverse isn't true. It doesn't matter if Wade can't fill the role of Klay (etc.) because Wade's role is so much more demanding and all-encompassing. Only Curry, Harden, Paul and Westbrook and maybe Lillard could do it.

And in a playoff series, I'll still take Wade over any of them.
    Last edited by jrong; 03-18-2015 at 03:27 AM.

Local High School Star

Wade would be at 25ppg if he didn't have those 2 hammys making him play like crap comin back from them. It's like anything Wade does he won't be top tier anymore because his injuries play such a role with him.100% Wade is just as good as any guard.right now he's showin it,and I i expect it to continue until seasons end, he was ballin b4 he got hurt and is doing work again.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    First of all the answer to the question is, no, he won't make it. He's missed too many games.

However, Wade is still better in the regular season than anyone above, except the first four or maybe five on your list. Throw out your RAPM, win shares, ORTG, DRTG and all that crap (the Jimmy Butler comparison above is a crock; also because it's one of the most errant pieces of so-called conventional wisdom this year, let me add, Thompson is not better than Wade, not remotely).

The only question you need to ask is if these guys could be slotted in for Wade and do what he does for the Heat-- the go-to scorer and playmaker, the game manager and floor general, the guy who draws double and triple teams and sometimes beats them himself-- the guy who you depend on make the critical shots and the other plays too. If they can't, they're not on his level. Period.

And the reverse isn't true. It doesn't matter if Wade can't fill the role of Klay (etc.) because Wade's role is so much more demanding and all-encompassing. Only Curry, Harden, Paul and Westbrook and maybe Lillard could do it.

And in a playoff series, I'll still take Wade over any of them.
    The cusp of the All-NBA Team is not comparing x player to Dwyane Wade. It's who the most effective players are, period.

Jimmy Butler is having a better season than Wade. He's a better player.

Your last sentence is essentially worthless. I'd take Duncan over Gasol in a Playoff series, that doesn't mean he deserves to be All-NBA over him.