Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is current Miami better than last season?

Last season:

PG Chalmers
    SG Wade
    SF Battier
    PF Lebron
    C Bosh

6th: Ray Allen

This season:

PG Dragic
    SG Wade
    SF Deng
    PF Bosh
    C Whiteside

6th: Chalmers

Granted their record this season isn't so good but we have to consider injuries, adjusting to new players and the fact that Dragic and Whiteside only joined late. Do you think the team itself is better than last season?

Banned

Default Re: Is current Miami better than last season?

Yes.

No excuses...

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Idk...

Are they going to make the Finals?

Local High School Star

Yes

If they don't make the finals it's a major knock on Wade's legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    Idk...

Are they going to make the Finals?
    Depends if they can overcome those issues and beat an even more juggernaut team in Cleveland Cavaliers.

Battier played PF.

I think we will never know the answer since this year's team haven't had the opportunity to play together but I would take 14 since they had Lebron who was better than anyone from this year. Wade also played only 60 games last year so it's not like they were healthy either.

I think that at the top Heat was better last year but this year they addressed some weakness like a rebounding/rim protector center and a good PG so the team overall talent might be higher.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Battier played PF.

I think we will never know the answer since this year's team haven't had the opportunity to play together but I would take 14 since they had Lebron who was better than anyone from this year. Wade also played only 60 games last year so it's not like they were healthy either.

I think that at the top Heat was better last year but this year they addressed some weakness like a rebounding/rim protector center and a good PG so the team overall talent might be higher.
    this. I think they have a pretty good team now. They managed to find a true Center and a talented PG. Two things they were missing badly during the Big 3 era. Deng is a good replacement for Bron (at least on the defensive end of the floor) However Bosh is out and you never know how much Wade can give you considering his injuries. If the whole team was healthy they maybe could be even better than the 11-14 team.

Yes, especially because Bosh is killing it with this new lineup right now....

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Replacing Lebron with Deng/Dragic/Whiteside/McRoberts and going to 35-40win season from 54win season.
    Dat impact.

But, no excuses doe.

No. LeBron's ability to turn not-so-good teams into title contenders is pretty amazing. His ability to turn title contenders into perenial winners (ala the GOAT) is lacking however.

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    Replacing Lebron with Deng/Dragic/Whiteside/McRoberts and going to 35-40win season from 54win season.
    Dat impact.

But, no excuses doe.
    Whiteside/Bosh and Wade have only played a total of 80 minutes together this season, but in those minutes they've outscored opponents by 20 points per 100 possessions.

They also wiped the floor with Chicago and the Clippers, away from home, in the games they got to play together. This was before the addition of Dragic. So yeah, attributing that all to Lebron shows what an utter retard you are. No wonder a fanatical muslim is also a Lebron fanatic. What a surprise that is!

Both teams being healthy, the present Miami one is superior, clearly. It can play defense and rebound for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    Dat impact.

But, no excuses doe.

Decent playground baller ButterFace's Avatar

If they had LeBron with that team, yes.

I've been rooting for the Heat evesince James left them but I just can't/don't trust Wade being there, playing all playoff games without suffering any injury.
    This guy the past 5 years constantly get unavailable after playing 10 straight games or so. I hate to say it but after watching him lead the Heat to victory over the Cavs, I expect him to miss games after 4 more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Whiteside/Bosh and Wade have only played a total of 80 minutes together this season, but in those minutes they've outscored opponents by 20 points per 100 possessions.

They also wiped the floor with Chicago and the Clippers, away from home, in the games they got to play together. This was before the addition of Dragic. So yeah, attributing that all to Lebron shows what an utter retard you are. No wonder a fanatical muslim is also a Lebron fanatic. What a surprise that is!

Both teams being healthy, the present Miami one is superior, clearly. It can play defense and rebound for a start.

still don't see this team outplaying the 2014 Heat. even with the injured Wade and a mediocre Bosh last year, Miami did well against some elite teams in the NBA during the 2013-14 season.

the 2014 Heat beat front court dominant teams like Indiana, Clips, and Grizz, who are overall a better team last year than a completely healthy 2015 Heat.

the Heat's small-ball approach, with Lebron at the 4, has proven to be an issue for most teams not named Spurs...so no reason to think the 2015 Heat are better when the 2014 Heat have handled similarly built teams last year