Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Enes Kanter last 5 games

He horrible defensively.

I expect him to come off the bench when they do make the Playoffs. He'll be decent off the bench and defense won't be that big of an issue then.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    If they paid Perkins 9 mil/year, they surely will pay Kanter 12-14
    I imagine they wouldn't have traded for him if they weren't ready to pay him that kind of money.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I imagine they wouldn't have traded for him if they weren't ready to pay him that kind of money.
    They didn't give anything for him. Just a guy they weren't going to resign. I think it bought them a look. If anyone thinks this look has earned him 12-14M/ then you belong 20 years ago when people cared solely about Pts/Rebs. Because he is dreadful. I wouldn't pay him half that.

Numbers don't tell the whole story. Kanter's weakness is defense, and that really hurts the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    They didn't give anything for him. Just a guy they weren't going to resign. I think it bought them a look. If anyone thinks this look has earned him 12-14M/ then you belong 20 years ago when people cared solely about Pts/Rebs. Because he is dreadful. I wouldn't pay him half that.
    They gave up potentially 4 players for him. His passing is a bigger issue than his D. The scouting report says double him because he won't pass or will turn it over.

Decent college freshman

They gave up potentially 4 players for him. His passing is a bigger issue than his D. The scouting report says double him because he won't pass or will turn it over.
    They also got a future DET second round pick, Augustin, Steve Novak, and Singler in that trade, so they got 4 players back right now. They wanted Perk gone, Pleiss maybe wouldn't have made the roster (due to lack of spots), Jerrett it's a fringe player right now, etc.

His assist % has more than doubled and he is nearly averaging triple the assists per game (a whopping 1.3 vs 0.5 haha) since he started playing on the Thunder. He was a ball hog in Utah, potentially as a result of not wanting to be there (lol @ 5 total assists in his last 570 minutes there). He's passing more often now (or his passes lead to better shots- some noise in that data), but could clearly do more. His defense has sunk the OKC team defense and is the biggest concern, although Ibaka is clearly missed. Still has a slightly net negative rating playing next to Ibaka. Since his minutes were split up amongst other Jazz bigs, they've catapulted up the D rankings. His inability to play defense held back that roster, not to mention his selfishness.

Also, @ OP in these 5 games where he put up big stats, they're 3-2 with wins over the Raptors, T-Wolves, and a short-handed Bulls squad. Not like OKC isn't shorthanded, but the Bulls were without 3 of their top ~6 or so guys. Lost to LAC and DAL. So there's some extra context for evaluating his performances.

Banned

So, kanter is the anti-perkins?

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    They also got a future DET second round pick, Augustin, Steve Novak, and Singler in that trade, so they got 4 players back right now. They wanted Perk gone, Pleiss maybe wouldn't have made the roster (due to lack of spots), Jerrett it's a fringe player right now, etc.
    They wanted Pleiss this year so they certainly liked him. Lindsey talked like he wasn't ready yet. Jerrett is only 21 and is a stretch 4 so he certainly has potential for the Jazz. Plus a future 1st and 2nd to the Jazz. Also got rid of Novak's contract for next year which was nice.

His assist % has more than doubled and he is nearly averaging triple the assists per game (a whopping 1.3 vs 0.5 haha) since he started playing on the Thunder. He was a ball hog in Utah, potentially as a result of not wanting to be there (lol @ 5 total assists in his last 570 minutes there).
    I wouldn't say he was a ball hog. He just isn't comfortable passing out of a double team.

Decent college freshman

They wanted Pleiss this year so they certainly liked him. Lindsey talked like he wasn't ready yet. Jerrett is only 21 and is a stretch 4 so he certainly has potential for the Jazz. Plus a future 1st and 2nd to the Jazz. Also got rid of Novak's contract for next year which was nice.

I wouldn't say he was a ball hog. He just isn't comfortable passing out of a double team.
    Yeah I was speaking about OKC's perspective. Jerrett didn't fit into long term needs b/c they have Ibaka, Adams, McGary, and now Kanter (not to mention Collison got extension). Losing him's not a big deal in long term, or short term really. The Thunder definitely liked Pleiss and he was in talks to come over next year for them, according to russwest0 a few months back (if you can believe him, idk). I do know before the trade there were worried about having a spot for him due to having to work Huestis into the mix, along with getting minutes for both Adams and McGary to further develop them. My whole blurb was about in that Jackson trade, they gave up 3 guys + first + second, but gained a second + 3 rotation guys + bench fodder in Novak.

Eh he may have not been comfortable but that's a ridic low amount of assists considering the opportunities in that offense. I think he wanted out and played like it at times.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Crose's Avatar

hey op (russwest0) why do you only post about lebron and thunder/westbrook? you said you were a heat fan

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

so stacked

Never got the impression he wanted out until he said it.

Decent college freshman

Never got the impression he wanted out until he said it.
    Can't remember the reporters' names, but some posted on their social media accounts that his camp has pushed for trade for over a year now. They really turned up the heat on that request in the day(s) leading up to deadline. They could by lying of course, but they seemed to have some idea of stuff going on behind the scenes...

Yeah supposely he hasn't been happy for some time.