Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: A few things to keep in mind fellas.. for when Lebron wins it all this year

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    Great post, keep the meltdown going please.
    A lot of people in these forums often say that today's defensive 3 seconds rule has no impact on the game - but apparently, the NBA feels differently:

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...son/index.html

NBA.COM: When you watch the game today, does it closely resemble an international game or are there still distinct differences in the style of play?

STU JACKSON: Our game does more closely resemble an international game in terms of the style of play than it used to. [COLOR="Red"]However, there are distinct differences in the international game vs. the NBA game. The international game utilizes a pure zone defense (as opposed to the defensive three-second rule), which allows frontcourt players to stand in the middle of the lane and discourage cutting, passing and dribble penetration.[/COLOR]

So the NBA has officially stated that the defensive 3 seconds DOES ban paint-camping... and of course, the NBA also officially stated that the rule changes achieved their objective of increasing penetration.. So no paint-camping and increased penetration - these things are characteristic of today's game.

Not that any of it matters - MJ was an off-ball player anyway - he didn't need to dribble-penetrate..

Ball-dominators that can't adjust invariably get shut down by a good defense - MJ's off-ball game was not susceptible to this - he could morph into Stephan Curry in the 1992 Finals if needed, or score 55 in the playoffs on all JJ Redick catch-and-shoot.. Whatever the defense gave him, he'd use elite ability to exploit - MJ is the only player ever that was elite at everything.
    Last edited by 3ball; 03-27-2015 at 04:36 PM.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: A few things to keep in mind fellas.. for when Lebron wins it all this year

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    The talent around LeBron is similar to the talent Jordan had from 1984-1987

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Jordan
    I don't care, you melting down is just funny. I don't deny that Jordan is the GOAT, he's my #1, this endless barrage of threads just gets tiresome. They reek of insecurity.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    I don't care, you melting down is just funny. I don't deny that Jordan is the GOAT, he's my #1, this endless barrage of threads just gets tiresome. They reek of insecurity.
    yeah i'm really losing it.. man, am i just tearing my hair out.. glad you're entertained.

but now you also know it's a fact - the NBA's defensive 3 seconds rule banned paint-camping.. you've also become aware that their rule changes were designed to increase penetration and succeeded in doing so.

so i'm glad to be both entertaining and informative..