Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Draft,

Decent college freshman

Default Re: 2015 Draft,

Only thing I could see is trading him for Hill who has a team option. Then we just opt out and clear the cap space.

NBA lottery pick

I don't think Oubre or Looney are going to fall to 27. The late first round doesn't really look that good so those guys aren't going to slip. But yes, I do think it would involve their other picks. They do want to trade those and try to get veterans. Hill has a decent size contract. I'm not sure Detroit would want it. Plus I'm not sure Hill wants to go somewhere he isn't starting necessarily, unless it's a contender. He's streaky, but good enough he should be a starter somewhere.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

I think i'd prefer Ed Davis anyway ^^ Just a bit better of a rim protector and actually can shoot the midrange a bit, and contract wise will cost us a lot less...

Yeah I don't think Oubre or Looney will fall, but there is usually a prospect similar to those guys that always falls 10 spots lower than anticipated, at #27 we would be in a good position to pick up the top 20 crumbs i'd say...

NBA lottery pick

I think Davis is part of the Lakers plans. They might give him up for Jennings, but I would have to think that might be a sticking point if they were trying to make a trade.

On another note - after watching Winslow's Denver workout, and his interviews, I am really quite down on him as a prospect. Ofcourse he is still one of the better options this draft has to offer, but I think I would rather both Hezonja and Stanley above him now, as weird as that might sound. He has long been considered a top 5 pick but I think his stock is dropping.

But let's be honest, if Winslow was to fall to #8 it would be considered a HUGE steal by everyone...

I'm just worried about that jumpshot,

NBA lottery pick

I'm worried about him in general in this league.

I think I see more Tony Allen in him than Jimmy Butler,

NBA lottery pick

That's a great find if it's a late 1st round or early 2nd round pick. Not in the lottery though. I'd pass if all he was going to be was Tony Allen.

I would assume he has a lot more potential than Tony Allen, he actually does have a fairly strong drive to the basket game. I also see a bit of Lance Stephenson in him, I think he can be a bit of a swiss army knife.

NBA lottery pick

I'm so glad we didn't sign Lance Stephenson like all of you guys who wanted to over pay him did. I think it's a good trade for the Clippers because they gave up nothing. Plus they have a more talented roster that can have somebody be a bust and still have a chance. Our team doesn't have that. We need to have a very good wing player to have a decent chance of making some noise.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I don't think Oubre or Looney are going to fall to 27. The late first round doesn't really look that good so those guys aren't going to slip. But yes, I do think it would involve their other picks. They do want to trade those and try to get veterans. Hill has a decent size contract. I'm not sure Detroit would want it. Plus I'm not sure Hill wants to go somewhere he isn't starting necessarily, unless it's a contender. He's streaky, but good enough he should be a starter somewhere.
    We would just waive him to get out of his deal. No pick most likely. Maybe their high 2nd.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    We would just waive him to get out of his deal. No pick most likely. Maybe their high 2nd.
    You can't just waive a guaranteed contract though.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    You can't just waive a guaranteed contract though.
    I mentioned above that he has a team option

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    I think I see more Tony Allen in him than Jimmy Butler,
    I get that. I've compared him to MKG. That's a steal at 8 though.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    I mentioned above that he has a team option
    But in order to trade him you would need his rights which would mean picking up that option right?