Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Draft,

Default Re: 2015 Draft,

You won't get "stuck" with WCS. And even if you did it wouldn't be terrible. He will be better at defending pf's than C's. Sure, offensively it's not ideal, but you could build around those 2 somehowe. Myles turner won't be able to guard pf's, so even though his shot is more proven it's not like you could pair Drummond and Myles together.

Decent college freshman

i don't know that Myles would be a great defensive PF,but he could do it better than Monroe and similar to LMA

NBA lottery pick

No way I'd do that deal. Sullinger is ok but definitely not a backup C and not worth a lottery pick.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

^^ Yeah but I have seen some mocks with us taking Dekker at #8, I honestly think he or Oubre would be available at #16 (atleast one of them should be).. If we are high on Dekker's tool-set or high on Oubre's potential, then it would almost be like getting Sullinger for free, almost...

I would be pretty annoyed if we choose Dekker instead of say, Stanley Johnson, but some people are really high on Dekker...

And pairing WCS alongside Dre, especially with Reggie running the show, would just leave us with such a lack of shooting / scoring. Reggie and Dre showed us last year how dominant they could be with shooters at the 2,3 and 4 (Tolliver)...

If we were stacked at all positions, then I would be keen on taking WCS because he seems like he could be a game changer on D, but we just don't have the luxury, we need to fill some big holes this draft, starting SF / deep shooting / backup C (almost guarantee our 2nd rounder will be used on a backup for Dre)...
    Last edited by Aussie Dunker; 06-21-2015 at 07:22 PM.

But overall I agree ^^ It would need to be a pretty awesome return to give up #8, as we are looking for someone with all-star potential,

Winslow / Hezonja / Stanley Johnson are all more highly touted than Leonard / Klay / Butler were at this stage, anything is possible... Just need to take the right guy

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    ^^ Yeah but I have seen some mocks with us taking Dekker at #8, I honestly think he or Oubre would be available at #16 (atleast one of them should be).. If we are high on Dekker's tool-set or high on Oubre's potential, then it would almost be like getting Sullinger for free, almost...

I would be pretty annoyed if we choose Dekker instead of say, Stanley Johnson, but some people are really high on Dekker...

And pairing WCS alongside Dre, especially with Reggie running the show, would just leave us with such a lack of shooting / scoring. Reggie and Dre showed us last year how dominant they could be with shooters at the 2,3 and 4 (Tolliver)...

If we were stacked at all positions, then I would be keen on taking WCS because he seems like he could be a game changer on D, but we just don't have the luxury, we need to fill some big holes this draft, starting SF / deep shooting / backup C (almost guarantee our 2nd rounder will be used on a backup for Dre)...
    in terms of WCS, I'd argue we don't have the luxury to NOT take him. A team like us should always go best player available.Now, if there's another player who's a better fit and graded similarly, so be it, but we can only put so much emphasis on need right now.

Decent college freshman

I just saw an article that says the Celtics are trying to trade up to select Myles Turner...

Would we bite on #16 + Sullinger for #8?... Sully could give us a few interesting looks especially playing the C when Dre needs a spell...

And then who would we look to target at #16?... Oubre / Dekker perhaps?
    Sullinger and Ilyasova would be a pretty good PF combo for the short term. Not much D, but good shooting and rebounding. They have like 4 second rounders, so I definitely squeeze them to throw in one of those at the least. It would depends who's there at 8 too.

Kevon Looney is a stud sf in the NBA. He and dekker will both be better than Johnson and Winslow if those guys can't make the transition to nba 2guard. Hollis Jefferson should also be looked at as a SG who might not be able to play the position offensively. Kaminsky is also a guy that should be considered

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    in terms of WCS, I'd argue we don't have the luxury to NOT take him. A team like us should always go best player available.Now, if there's another player who's a better fit and graded similarly, so be it, but we can only put so much emphasis on need right now.
    I hear you - I get where you are coming from and tend to agree. But I would have thought Hezonja and Winslow would be on the same tier as WCS, with the added bonus of being a much better fit?....

I still hold firm that at #8 we will get one of those two guys,

Hezonja should be able to develop into a modern day SF with his athletic tools and 6'8 length, he is probably my best case scenario pic for us this draft...

And if we trade down and get Dekker at #16 along with considerably compensation, I wouldn't be too bummed either, I think he will transition well in the NBA.

Looney - I would take a shot at him in the early to mid 20's, wouldnt touch him in the top 20...

Decent college freshman

I hear you - I get where you are coming from and tend to agree. But I would have thought Hezonja and Winslow would be on the same tier as WCS, with the added bonus of being a much better fit?....

I still hold firm that at #8 we will get one of those two guys,

Hezonja should be able to develop into a modern day SF with his athletic tools and 6'8 length, he is probably my best case scenario pic for us this draft...

And if we trade down and get Dekker at #16 along with considerably compensation, I wouldn't be too bummed either, I think he will transition well in the NBA.

Looney - I would take a shot at him in the early to mid 20's, wouldnt touch him in the top 20...

Yup, I have those two on the same tier. If they go to Sac and Denver, it will come down to whether we put Turner on the same tier or not IMO.

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE]If you

I don't hate it... But I don't love it either.

KCP / Meeks / Hardaway

We would be stacked at the 2 with high end rotation / low level starter talent.

But one would have to think that either KCP or Hardaway will develop into a solid starting option career wise, both young, hungry, can shoot and are aggressive.

I see hardaway more in the J.R Smith / Jamal Crawford / mavs Jason Terry kind of mold. Elite 6th man who brings deep shooting, aggression, and energy.

In a perfect world I would make this trade and then look to move Meeks, KCP / Haraway covering minutes at the two will allow them to develop and be hungry for minutes against one another...

NBA lottery pick

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless SVG plans on playing a ton of small ball.

6'6" and 210 pounds, and just turned 23.

I think he has boatloads of talent to be honest, especially with the deep shot. Just has been stuck in basketball jail with the Knicks since being drafted.

The kid has talent, I would have thought this would be a good return for Jennings.. However positional wise it doesn't really work out considering the development of KCP and acquisition of a strong backup in Meeks.

NBA lottery pick

He doesn't play any defense either. I don't mind him, but it just doesn't seem like he fits a need. We'd be better off with Jennings.