Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 267

Thread: 2015 Draft,

  1. #16
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,925

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    So pick #8 it is -

    I predict Lakers might surprise and take Russell at #2 if Towns doesn't fall to them, which would see Philly take Mudiay and Okafor falls to Knicks at #4,

    Either way those guys should round out the top 4 and it would be a huge surprise if any of them fell to #5...

    Magic at #5 are apparently very high on Porzingas, and I read somewhere that they have already given him a verbal guarantee (whether you believe that or not is another thing). So I'd say Magic will choose either Porzingas or Winslow here. Porzingas / Winslow

    Kings at #6 have been interested in WCS for a long time now, and like the idea of having him in a frontcourt with Cousins. Would they pass on Winslow if he was available due to drafting wings in Stauskis and Mclemore in the past 2 drafts? WCS / Winslow

    Denver at #7 WILL take Winslow if he somehow falls here (unlikely), if not they might opt to take Porzingas if available or Hezonja who would both fill needs. Porzingas / Hezonja

    Pisonts at #8 Should be able to take the best player on the board at this point which will hopefully also be our biggest need, a wing. 1 or both of Stanley and Hezonja should be available here (If Winslow somehow happens to slip all the way to here, which he wont, we take him in a heartbeat). Johnson / Hezonja

    Just my personal thoughts - although I will more than likely be completely wrong! ha

  2. #17
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,696

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    So pick #8 it is -

    I predict Lakers might surprise and take Russell at #2 if Towns doesn't fall to them, which would see Philly take Mudiay and Okafor falls to Knicks at #4,

    Either way those guys should round out the top 4 and it would be a huge surprise if any of them fell to #5...

    Magic at #5 are apparently very high on Porzingas, and I read somewhere that they have already given him a verbal guarantee (whether you believe that or not is another thing). So I'd say Magic will choose either Porzingas or Winslow here. Porzingas / Winslow

    Kings at #6 have been interested in WCS for a long time now, and like the idea of having him in a frontcourt with Cousins. Would they pass on Winslow if he was available due to drafting wings in Stauskis and Mclemore in the past 2 drafts? WCS / Winslow

    Denver at #7 WILL take Winslow if he somehow falls here (unlikely), if not they might opt to take Porzingas if available or Hezonja who would both fill needs. Porzingas / Hezonja

    Pisonts at #8 Should be able to take the best player on the board at this point which will hopefully also be our biggest need, a wing. 1 or both of Stanley and Hezonja should be available here (If Winslow somehow happens to slip all the way to here, which he wont, we take him in a heartbeat). Johnson / Hezonja

    Just my personal thoughts - although I will more than likely be completely wrong! ha
    I agree with all of that except the top 4. I think right now Okafur looks like the first pick. Then the Lakers will probably take Towns, although they could go Mudiay. I would expect the top 4 to be those people though, but there are teams that are cooling on Russell and some are high on Porzingas. Not a chance he falls to us. It does look like the Nuggets really like Hezonja too. I think he would be a great fit in Detroit (at least where we sit). It pretty much leaves us with Stanley Johnson. I can't see Winslow dropping to us. I like Winslow, but he is undersized to play SF in the NBA. He might be a decent player but I just can't see him being great. I have a hard time coming up with a list of great SF's who are just 6'6". It's a real bummer to be picking in this same spot again. There's just not an impact player there this time around. This draft is not deep enough. It looks like we really need to make a push to resign Reggie. I don't see any other big time FA's coming to Detroit. Then Monroe probably walks. We somehow need to get some 3 point shooters on this team.

  3. #18
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,925

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    I agree with all your points ^^ However I think it is rare that any draft has a "star" player at #8, no one thought kawaii would turn into a star and he was like pick #15 or something along those lines - so i'm not too concerned with that.

    I agree on Okafor - if I was a GM i'd take him - but can almost guarantee Towns will go #1

    Stanley Johnson 6'7 with 7 foot wingspan, and a 245 pound frame would e a great fit at SF for us - People forget he shot 38% three pointers last year - he doesn't force the shot which could be my favorite thing about him (The anti josh smith from downtown).

    I think Hezonja has a higher ceiling than Johnson - that athleticism is truly special - I am just worried about euro players in general...

    Bottom line is, I would be completely surprised if atleast one of those players wasn't on the board at #8 - and would be even more surprised if SVG was to select any other player outside of those two players... I think any other player at #8 would be a reach,

  4. #19
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,696

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    They obviously went overseas to check out his game. They are absolutely interested. I think Denver is too though. And yeah other than that I think Johnson is the other guy they're looking at. I would doubt Winslow would even work out for teams outside of the top 5. I'd be very surprised if they don't take a wing player, even if Monroe is leaving and they know it.

  5. #20
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,696

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    I just saw a mock draft that had Cauley-Stein in the top 5 which made for Porzingas to fall to us at 8. I suppose it's a possibility. I just don't think Cauley-Stein is that good. Hopefully his stock will rise. It would give us the choice between Porzingas and Johnson. Everybody has Denver taking Hezonja.

  6. #21
    Decent college freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,937

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    WCS isn't a great fit for us necessarily, but he's one of the bigger locks in this draft to be what he's expected to be IMO. He's going to be a DPOY candidate in this league, period.

    This is a great draft to have the 8 pick in. Just sit back and see who's there. Johnson isn't in our range IMO. Take the best left out of the top 4, Winslow,the 2 Euros and Turner.

  7. #22
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,696

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    For a guy who didn't do much in college you really like Cauley Stein. I see him as a bust. Let a team who really needs a C take a chance on him.

  8. #23
    Decent college freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,937

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    You must not have watched Kentucky much this year. The guy is both a well developed and highly versatile defensive player. He's a game changer to me.

    But yah, we don't need him so it is what it is.

  9. #24
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,925

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    I haven't seen a C prospect who can defend the perimiter like WCS can in a very long time - he is such a versatile defender. Maybe a ceiling like a Tyson Chandler type of player, D and dunk with high energy.

    But we don't need him,

    I have my reservations about Porzingas, I just think to Vesely / Bargnani more than I think Dirk / Gasol for Porzingas...

  10. #25
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,696

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    I haven't seen a C prospect who can defend the perimiter like WCS can in a very long time - he is such a versatile defender. Maybe a ceiling like a Tyson Chandler type of player, D and dunk with high energy.

    But we don't need him,

    I have my reservations about Porzingas, I just think to Vesely / Bargnani more than I think Dirk / Gasol for Porzingas...
    Porzingas has been compared to Bargnani by some. Still he's a guy who's 7'1" that can shoot. That would fit really well next to Dre.

  11. #26
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,925

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    Stretching the floor to create room for Dre in the paint,

    7'1 at PF creating 3-4 inch mismatch on majority of opponents,

    Good athleticism,

    Apparently good defense,

    Seems like a dream pairing for Dre - probably the bigges risk / reward player in the top 10, if he reaches his potential he could be ridiculously good with that rare skillset, or he could be Vesely...

  12. #27
    Decent college freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,937

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Stretching the floor to create room for Dre in the paint,

    7'1 at PF creating 3-4 inch mismatch on majority of opponents,

    Good athleticism,

    Apparently good defense,

    Seems like a dream pairing for Dre - probably the bigges risk / reward player in the top 10, if he reaches his potential he could be ridiculously good with that rare skillset, or he could be Vesely...
    Yah, nobody ever accused Bargs of being a good defender like Porzingis is labelled. Him and Turner intrigue me the most next to Dre

  13. #28
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,925

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    Yeah if the Aldridge comparisons for Turner are even remotely accurate then i'm down for that pending we sign Carroll now for 1/2 his actual pricetag was going to be around 20 minutes ago ;) haha poor guy, he actually isn't a bad comparison to what I think Stanley Johnson could turn out like,

  14. #29
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,696

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    Turner is a C though. I'm not sure why he would get LMA comparisons.

  15. #30
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,925

    Default Re: 2015 Draft,

    I think it must be the ability to be 6'11 and knock down mid range jumpers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •