Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Who are the players that are alpha?

That's why it's stupid that beta is thrown around so regularly and derogatorily.

Kobe is the cornerstone of the alpha.

Followed by

Durant
    Westbrook
    Kyrie
    Wade
    Pippen
    Bird
    Magic
    Kareem
    Dirk
    T Parker

NBA Superstar

Going by this actual criteria. Based on their styles on the court whether in games or practice.

1. All time best alpha: Magic. HM- Shaq

-Magic and Shaq were both in control and had booming personalities.

2. All time best beta: Bird. HM- Duncan

-Both would submit if there was an alpha on the team, but both are cold-blooded as shit and as in-control as any players ever. Bird toes the line between alpha and beta but he wasn't as charismatic as Magic or Shaq obviously.

3. All time best gamma: Jordan. HM- Kobe

-Obviously dominant psychologically. Did necessarily win over teammates however. If these guys were equated to non-basketball professions neither would be CEO's. They'd be legendary musicians or philosophers.

4. All time best delta: The Glide. HM- Joe Johnson (probably a better one but I couldn't come up with it off the top of my head)

-Joe was kinda just a drop in the hat but Clyde seemed a little that way to me. Obviously he was super talented and a great player but he seemed like he could be submissive and passive in a pressure situation. Someone who watched most of his career check me if I'm wrong on this one. Joe, while clutch and a talented scorer, never seemed to care to take the next step (Obviously I'm sure he did but his demeanor never showed this). Frustrating as hell.

5. All time best omega: Lebron.

- Not even necessary to describe an HM. Often not confident in himself and makes boneheaded decisions off the court constantly. Still will be one of the 10 best players ever when he retires but there probably hasn't even been someone with more potential. Aside from maybe Shaq.

I don't know where to put Russell, Kareem, and Wilt since they were all way before my time. Russell seems like a beta/alpha. Kareem a beta. Wilt an alpha/gamma. Really not sure.

Some of the other GOATs that I want to try and pinpoint (again, I'm probably wrong):
    Hakeem- Alpha
    Garnett- Gamma
    Jerry West- Alpha
    Dirk- Beta
    Isiah- Alpha
    TMac- beta/delta. Not full delta but close.
    Iverson- Gamma
    Barkley- Alpha
    Last edited by ShawkFactory; 03-30-2015 at 04:23 PM.