Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Default Re: Can LeBron James become a top 10 player of all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    that doesnt really change it all too much

23/3/4 in 2004
    26/5/5 in 2008

maybe at most brings it down to 25/6/5

still great
    If it didn't, you wouldn't have purposely left them out.

Still great against the so called weak East??

NBA Superstar

23/3/4 in 2004
    26/5/5 in 2008

still great
    Why don't you ever post FG%?

wait.. so its a bad thing that kobe could play longer?

doesnt that boost his career?

are we putting tmac in the conversation now of goat because of potential before injuries?

sorry .. but now youre reverse cherry picking... taking things away for no good reason
    It doesn't tell you.the entire picture. Bird accomplished more as an individual than Kobe in a much shorter time. Kobe was missing the playoffs in his prime. That should tell you that he's not top 10 level. None of the other top-10 guys are missing the playoffs in their prime even with a bum squad. LeBron isn't top 10 even though he piggybacked a shit squad to the finals as a fricken NBA baby? But Kobe's teams weren't contenders in seasons where you say he was the best player in the league?

23/3/4 in 2004
    26/5/5 in 2008

still great
    Efficiency? Kobe was averaging 50.7% TS and LeBron, 54.7% TS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    If it didn't, you wouldn't have purposely left them out.

Still great against the so called weak East??

the reason kobes stats went down in 2000,2001,2002 actually was because of the east being bad

when the lakers played the great teams in the west. games were close and shaq was taken out when teams started the hackashaq

and the better bigs in the west and better defenses gave better help on him. which is why kobe had to take over bigger scoring loads

in the 2001 first 3 rounds kobe averaged 33ppg

then when the lakers could sit back and relax against trash teams like philly/jersey ... they put them away early and shaq just went to work.

no hackashaq needed. no close games. no foul trouble..

but as far as the drop off against great defensive teams like the 2004 pistons

its fully expected. and for the last 11 years since the pistons were formed. the east consistently atleast had 1-2 great teams

the east as a whole has sucked since the 1999.. but that only helps guys like lebron. not kobe

lebron gets to play those crap east teams. kobe doesnt

which is why kobes beatin 24 teams with 50+ wins in series

while lebrons only beatin 5

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    It doesn't tell you.the entire picture. Bird accomplished more as an individual than Kobe in a much shorter time. Kobe was missing the playoffs in his prime. That should tell you that he's not top 10 level. None of the other top-10 guys are missing the playoffs in their prime even with a bum squad. LeBron isn't top 10 even though he piggybacked a shit squad to the finals as a fricken NBA baby? But Kobe's teams weren't contenders in seasons where you say he was the best player in the league?

no he didnt

the only thing bird has on kobe is 2 more regular season mvps

kobe accomplished way more

NBA sixth man of the year

Gotta admit, this is an excellent post. And I dont have a dog in this fight. I do think Lebron can definitely be top 10 when its done, I just think he needs probably 1 more ring.

NBA Superstar

Kobe is definitely top 10. Your point in general though...

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Kobe missed the playoffs once.. In a season where he was injured and surrounded by Kwame brown.

Kareem missed the playoffs twice in his career during his prime. I guess that keeps him out of the top 10 huh?

Oh but you just said no other top 10 players missed the playoffs in their prime?

Wow way to expose yourself as another hater talking out of his ass
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 03-31-2015 at 08:36 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Kobe missed the playoffs once.. In a season where he was injured and surrounded by Kwame brown.

Kareem missed the playoffs twice in his career during his prime. I guess that keeps him out of the top 10 huh?

Oh but you just said no other top 10 players missed the playoffs in their prime?

Wow way to expose yourself as another hater talking out of his ass
    You named one player bro...Come on now, lol....Unless we're actually being super literal......At least name some more because if you can't, then Ralph still is basically correct if 9-10 top 10 goats never missed the playoffs in their prime...I don't know off the top of my head and I don't feel like looking it up....

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    You named one player bro...Come on now, lol....Unless we're actually being super literal......At least name some more because if you can't, then Ralph still is basically correct if 9-10 top 10 goats never missed the playoffs in their prime...I don't know off the top of my head and I don't feel like looking it up....
    he said no other top 10 player has missed the playoffs in their prime..

while the arguable GOAT did twice in a row..

if Kareem can go his entire career never making the playoffs without the two GOAT point guards then Kobe missing the playoffs in 05 is really no big deal in the big picture.

and Jordan made the playoffs with 30 win, 40 win seasons.. if the east wasn't so weak that it allowed 30 & 40 win teams into the playoffs I guess Jordan would be knocked out of the top 10 too

Wilt missed the playoffs at age 26 too..

Hakeem missed the playoffs in 92..

that's him being wrong.. sorry..
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 03-31-2015 at 09:52 PM.