Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Alonzo Mourning talks Jordan in this era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4bWnG9-eo

Jordan would average 50 points today because of the new rules and you can't compare LeBron to him because the games are too different. Also implies LeBron wouldn't be that good in the 90s. Went full 3ball

Banned

Default Re: Alonzo Mourning talks Jordan in this era

As soon as I see '50 PPG' I immediately know the person speaking is full of shit.

Banned

old people are stupid

i swear. every single guy from every single era thinks their era and their guys are the best and would rape any other era

"listen here kiddo!.. dag nabbit! i tell ya! wilten chamberlaned otta rack in 100 touch downs over kobey james!!"

Local High School Star

he bitter lebron left

wasnt he talking in 2012-13 how lebron is better than mj ?

Banned

both kobe and jordan would average 35-37ppg on a bad team

and 30-32ppg on a good team..

theres no 50ppg ffs

Dunking on everybody in the park

I mean Zo played in both areas and is 6 years older than duncan,nash and kobe , so cant use the old man argument

this is forsure a hyperbole... but the point he is making is that MJ is the superior player
    which is widely accepted except for a few trolls and LBJ fanboys

nothing to see here

Decent college freshman

Jordan is the better player. The margin is very slight though. Lebron's era is also tougher by a less slight margin.

man, these guys still don't understand that defense today is so much more sophisticated than what it was during the 80's and 90's.

Decent playground baller AkronAngel's Avatar

Mourning is speaking out of his butt.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    man, these guys still don't understand that defense today is so much more sophisticated than what it was during the 80's and 90's.
    yeah one of the greatest defensive players of all time, who played 6 years ago doesn't understand it

but nash on ish does

College superstar

I actually think 40ppg is quite possible in this era for Jordan IF he worked on his 3 point shot.

I have no doubt in my mind that Jordan would be a good 3 point shooter and a consistent threat from that distance if he adopted it into his game. People say that he knows it was a weakness in his game, but he never worked on it because he felt like it wasn't necessary.

In this era, the 3 point shot is vital. I feel like Jordan would become at least a consistent 35% shooter with his work ethic.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

When comparing different eras and trying to figure out which one is better, really the only argument that is valid is talent pool size.

And the talent pool right now is bigger than it ever was, since basketball is bigger now than it ever was.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    I actually think 40ppg is quite possible in this era for Jordan IF he worked on his 3 point shot.

I have no doubt in my mind that Jordan would be a good 3 point shooter and a consistent threat from that distance if he adopted it into his game. People say that he knows it was a weakness in his game, but he never worked on it because he felt like it wasn't necessary.

In this era, the 3 point shot is vital. I feel like Jordan would become at least a consistent 35% shooter with his work ethic.
    Great, but then you can say the same for any current player if they went back in time. They would then work on certain aspects of their game that were more important in the 80's or 70's or whatever decade you decide to send them back to.

The 50ppg talk is just hyperbole. Everyone knows Alonzo's underlying meaning though. That is, Jordan would be the best player in today's game by a fair margin.
    Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy; 03-31-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    The 50ppg is just hyperbole. Everyone knows Alonzo's underlining meaning - that is Jordan would be the best player in today by a longshot.
    I'm not sure why so many players from the 1990s feel the need to reinforce this. No one seriously believes that Jordan isn't better than anyone in the league today, all the hyperbole does is undermine their credibility.