Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Default Re: Why did you start to watch the NBA

I've always watched late Jordan because of the hype, but was never into following the NBA until Kobe, AI, Vince, and T-Mac started getting their shine. Then, being a fan of Tim Hardaway, I just kept loyal to the Heat.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

How adorable...you were asked why you are even on this forum when you don't even post about basketball (which is a clear indication you are an alt), so you make this thread. I just want to pet you...but then you might get the wrong idea and try to suck my dick.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

mid 90s

My first ever NBA memory was watching the Rockets sweep the Magic in the 95 finals. I was 6 at the time. I didn't start following the NBA seriously until somewhere around 2001-2002 though.

1991 playoffs. Philadelphia. I was three years old. My brother went to one of the games against Chicago, and we had the TV on at the house to look for him.

All I knew was that I was looking for my brother on the TV, and that we were supposed to be cheering for the Sixers.

But as I watched the teams play, Michael Jordan just stood out to me. I couldn't help but secretly root for Chicago. Even as a little kid, I could tell that he was the best player out there. In fact, it seemed even more obvious back then. Right from the start, I just had this unshakable faith that if I rooted for MJ, he wouldn't let me down.

Obviously, with that being the first year the Bulls won it all, I turned out to be right. For the rest of my childhood, Michael Jordan was the hero. Not even kidding, when I faced challenges as a little kid, I always thought about MJ and that was where I always got the inspiration to overcome anything. Honestly, I'm not really sure that ever changed. I still view MJ as the greatest role model in terms of having poise under pressure and conquering adversity.

But as a kid, I only watched Bulls games. I didn't know anything about the game itself, or about other teams. It wasn't until about 2002 that I started closely following basketball.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    How adorable...you were asked why you are even on this forum when you don't even post about basketball (which is a clear indication you are an alt), so you make this thread. I just want to pet you...but then you might get the wrong idea and try to suck my dick.
    This. Agenda is obvious.

First time was te 93 Finals but didn't start watching regularly until Reggie Miller shit on Spike Lee.

1993 for me I say this guy named Michael Jordan play against Phoenix Suns and was in awe how amazing he was and was thinking to myself this guy flat out incredible. I became intent fan of NBA and have followed it every since.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

When I was young I played tecmo super basketball. I played as the phoenix suns and I made a lot of baskets with tom chambers who was photo realistic despite being comprised of 7 pixels.

Then I became a Suns fan in 1992, and watched the finals with my asshole Bulls fan brothers.

The trauma I suffered has been greatly ameliorated by the subsequent 22 years of being a Suns fan. NOT

Banned

Don't know exactly, would be around 94 when we were getting the odd game and weekly highlights show here in Australia and our major league was at it's peak. Shaq and Penny were my favourite players and Orlando used to get shown quite a bit (plus my local side in the australian NBL was also called magic) so I followed them.

Wasn't until maybe 6 or 7 years ago that I was able to start watching non stop on league pass though as before that we'd only get a handful of games a week and highlights on foxtel.

As to why I watched because I played basketball since I was a kid and my family and I went to NBL games.
    Last edited by outbreak; 04-24-2015 at 12:55 AM.

MamaThereGoesThatMan EveryManALion's Avatar

Watched the Jordan Bull's in the 90s as a kid, then stopped from 2002-2007, I told myself if the Celtics won in '08 I would start watching basketball religiously. Yea I know not as long as most people here but I check this site daily because I have no life
    Last edited by EveryManALion; 04-24-2015 at 12:51 AM.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Mikan's 2nd or 3rd ring, i'll never forget Mikan dropping 22 in the deciding game 7 to destroy the knicks

straight up gave Connie Simmons the bizz

First memories I have is the .4 shot and Kobe's game-tying 3 in Game 2 of the 2004 Finals. I liked Shaq better though!

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Watching Magic and Bird Highlights in the late 80s-early 90s.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime80'
    Earvin Magic Johnson, period end of sentence