Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

Default Re: If you think Stephen Curry takes bad shots...

i watch many gsw games of regular season,and curry didn't try to take many shots,sometimes he shot only 9-11 shots and didn't overdrible,in the first 2 games of playoffs that i saw he took some bad shots and overdrible i think he was trying to me more fancy for the mvp .i hope when the award is over in the next round he will play smart as he was playing in the regular season,

Banned

He plays in a babied era where guys like James Harden (Corey Maggette with a shot) is an MVP caliber player. Back in the physical, cut-throat 80s and 90s, thats when the greatest players of all time played. No holds barred, last man standing, slug fests. You needed heart to win, not just talent.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by iznogood
    Even Gentry and Kerr are shaking their heads at some of the shots he takes. I think this should end the debate.
    No, they are shaking their heads at how shitty the offensive sequence is going - not the shot he ends up taking. His other option is to give it to a player that can't create to take a significantly worse shot. Not a single other Warrior can really self create off the dribble going solo. Klay can do it if he catches it moving/etc, but not if you just isolate him and let him go. He couldn't even get past E.Gordo one on one.

Edit: Barbosa can create for himself. They should play him more often/more minutes.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

lol so Curry has one game where he shoots badly (despite getting the critical important shots, in a game where the pelicans should of won anyway) and people sh!t the bed. Yet Westbrook shoots at this efficiency every single game and people be dangling on his balls because of it.

Stupid ****ing ish

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    No, they are shaking their heads at how shitty the offensive sequence is going - not the shot he ends up taking. His other option is to give it to a player that can't create to take a significantly worse shot. Not a single other Warrior can really self create off the dribble going solo. Klay can do it if he catches it moving/etc, but not if you just isolate him and let him go. He couldn't even get past E.Gordo one on one.

Edit: Barbosa can create for himself. They should play him more often/more minutes.
    Barbosa will just go miss a lay-up though. I much prefer Livingston to Barbosa.

Iggy still can create for others, not so much himself anymore though.

Then that's it, everyone else needs the ball moved to them in a position to score.

Dunking on everybody in the park

They are clearly shaking heads at some of the shots he takes.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleas
    i watch many gsw games of regular season,and curry didn't try to take many shots,sometimes he shot only 9-11 shots and didn't overdrible,in the first 2 games of playoffs that i saw he took some bad shots and overdrible i think he was trying to me more fancy for the mvp .i hope when the award is over in the next round he will play smart as he was playing in the regular season,
    i'm pretty sure the media voted for the mvp before the playoffs start. they just dont release the decision/winner until the second round.

Decent playground baller Wiltside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Skinny, weak, frail

That makes it more impressive how good he is.

One thing I understand while being a jumpshooter myself is that the other reason why you want the optimum back spin and arc is so if you do miss, the ball doesn't bounce wildly off the rim which can lead to an easy basket on the other end. You want the ball to stay around the rim if you miss so it's easier to get back on defense if you can't grab that offensive rebound. When Curry misses, he keeps it around the rim unlike a shot that Matt Barnes bricked that resulted in a wild miss that resulted into a cherry picking Patty Mills easy layup.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iznogood
    Even Gentry and Kerr are shaking their heads at some of the shots he takes. I think this should end the debate.
    Normally yes, but you are underestimating OP's stupidity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    At least Russ looks like he's over the age of 14.

Stephen is an underdeveloped child. You ever read the book "Skinny Bones"?

Fantastic book.

[QUOTE=Some bitch]Alex Frankovitch is a skinny little sixth grade boy who is lacking in athletic ability but has no shortage of jokes. He worries about being so tiny, hates that he always has to wear a size

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Sounds like Budaddi's autobiography

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Sounds like Budaddi's autobiography

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

it only matters when he makes them when it matters

says Shaq

Saw a basketball once Stephen Curry's Avatar

agreed