Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent playground baller lilandywiggins's Avatar

Default Re: What is "marriage"?

Does that mean that intersex people can only marry intersex people?

Decent playground baller lilandywiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    I only think both parties should be financially responsible for the children.

There should be no penalty

Don't wanna be together anymore fine just buy your kid clothes and food
    So, both need to get jobs and have the kid raised by somebody else that they pay? Because that is the only way to do it without 1 person sacrificing income to raise the children.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Because using showers confers legal rights and benefits upon shower users. Good argument.

Your reasoning is flawed because the law isn't applied equally to everyone. The woman can't marry her same sex, neither can a man, but in the case of the two women a man can marry either one and vice versa with men. It's denial under the law on the basis of sex (gender), thus discrimination.

If I as a man go and use the public women's bathroom at the beach or the pool or any municipal place, I will get kicked out. If I keep going in, I'll be arrested.

Whereas women can walk in and out of that bathroom as they please. Thus "inequality."

Which part aren't you getting? I can try to be clearer.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

Because using showers confers legal rights and benefits upon shower users. Good argument.
    even though he was being facetious, you're ignoring his context. it's not discrimination based on gender if both genders are denied the same opportunity.

Your reasoning is flawed because the law isn't applied equally to everyone. The woman can't marry her same sex, neither can a man, but in the case of the two women a man can marry either one and vice versa with men. It's denial under the law on the basis of sex (gender), thus discrimination.
    it is though. the law to marry the same sex is prohibited against both men and women. if men could marry men but women couldn't marry women for instance, then it would be gender discrimination instead of discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    If I as a man go and use the public women's bathroom at the beach or the pool or any municipal place, I will get kicked out. If I keep going in, I'll be arrested.

Whereas women can walk in and out of that bathroom as they please. Thus "inequality."

Which part aren't you getting? I can try to be clearer.

Trespassing ≠ marriage inequality. Which part aren't you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimilian
    Marriage is a tradition. Its a tradition that has existed for thousands of years throughout all civilizations and cultures. Its a tradition that should only be between a man and a woman.

Im not anti-homo, but I don't believe in changing tradition just to appease a select minority who feel left out. Its like saying "Happy Holidays" when its Xmas time. Its like entering a Mosque and telling Muslims i don't want to take my shoes off and they should respect that....Why the fukc would i even be in a mosque if i didn't want to respect their religion? Its like going to Spain and complaining about their mid-afternoon siestas and making them all change their tradition for me because I feel left out. Or going to Italy and hating Pizza. People should stop eating pizza because you dont like it? I respect all religions, all cultures and all traditions. And i expect them to accept mine. If homos want to create a new word for marriage that is legally binding, than that's fine by me. I hope many people, (homo or straight) join their cause. I hope they forge their own tradition that will survive centuries just like other traditions have.

Fact of the matter is that faVgs have existed forever. There have been times where they have been even more accepted in society than today (Ancient Greece and Rome etc). But marriage has also existed forever. And its existed side by side with faVgs. Theres no reason to change it

you have no point at all. gays are seeking the right to marry under government, not under religion and its olden traditions. think harder boy.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 04-29-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik
    even though he was being facetious, you're ignoring his context. it's not discrimination based on gender if both genders are denied the same opportunity.

The key word there being "denied". The purpose of the state bans are to deny rights based on gender.

The key word there being "denied". The purpose of the state bans are to deny rights based on gender.
    we're sort of saying the same thing, because your orientation depends on which gender you are attracted to. but i'm looking at it from the perspective of the orientation itself. for instance, if everyone were born bisexual, then same sex marriage wouldn't be a problem, because it would be normal for guys to want to be with other men, and women with other women. but it's like i said, both genders are equally unable to marry the same sex. gay men and straight men are (obviously) of the same gender, but one can marry who he wants and one can't. all because of their differences in orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    This argument is pointless

It doesn't matter whether the discrimination is based on gender or sexuality. It's still discrimination. Deciding what kind of discrimination doesn't matter
    fair enough. i can't argue with that.

NBA Legend

Look. The Lord, God, said man and woman. So that's it. End of story. Nobody here on Earth is above the Lord.

i'm thinking about proposing to my girlfriend of 9 months. But i think she is going to say no because i don't believe in God......

Marriage, also called matrimony or wedlock, is a socially or ritually recognized union or legal contract between spouses that establishes rights and obligations between them, between them and their children, and between them and their in-laws.[1] The definition of marriage varies according to different cultures, but it is principally an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually sexual, are acknowledged.

Source: wikipedia

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

An accurate breakdown of what marriage is
    [COLOR="White"]I joke, I joke...my marriage has been awesome so far, haven't reached the hell stage yet.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    An accurate breakdown of what marriage is
    [COLOR="White"]I joke, I joke...my marriage has been awesome so far, haven't reached the hell stage yet.[/COLOR]

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

When a couple of people decide that their love is good enough for the rest of their lives. Well, the rest of the first person's life. After he or she dies it's usually a last gasp f*ck fest for the other.