Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default All those people who said Manny would destroy Mayweather over the years...

Should they just kill themselves immediately?

Default Re: All those people who said Manny would destroy Mayweather over the years...

If you were expecting a knockout in a fight like this, then you are delusional and probably don't watch much of the sport.

If you were expecting Mayweather to actually fight instead of prancing around like a fairy, barely grazing Pac with the fibres of his glove and still winning because of vegas, then you are naive and probably don't watch much of the sport.

If you saw the fight and believe that Mayweather won, then you are either a paid off Vegas judge, a troubled american inner city youth who lives vicariously through a talentless fraud, or Stevie Wonder.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: All those people who said Manny would destroy Mayweather over the years...

Same can be said the other way... Let's not pretend Mayweather put on a clinic tonight, he won on points, not because he put the hurt on Paq...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    If you were expecting a knockout in a fight like this, then you are delusional and probably don't watch much of the sport.

If you were expecting Mayweather to actually fight instead of prancing around like a fairy, barely grazing Pac with the fibres of his glove and still winning because of vegas, then you are naive and probably don't watch much of the sport.

If you saw the fight and believe that Mayweather won, then you are either a paid off Vegas judge, a troubled american inner city youth who lives vicariously through a talentless fraud, or Stevie Wonder.
    Ooooo my, you're so pissed lol

90% of the world thinks May won dude. You're the one with Stevie Wonder vision,

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Same can be said the other way... Let's not pretend Mayweather put on a clinic tonight, he won on points, not because he put the hurt on Paq...
    That's how he always wins.

When are you guys scheduled to appear in court? Hell of a robbery that was.

The truth is that Manny's style heavily relies on speed and stamina. Having delayed the fight a couple of years has resulted in a boring and uneven fight, where Mayweather can afford to toy with Manny without fearing much repercussion. It was obvious from the beginning that Manny couldn't push the pace anymore and go into a frenzy of flurries like a couple of years ago. From the 8 round especially, Money May was able to tag Manny almost at will with those quick counters and right hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    ...and this comes as a surprise to whom? Pretty much went as expected

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by c3z4r
    The truth is that Manny's style heavily relies on speed and stamina. Having delayed the fight a couple of years has resulted in a boring and uneven fight, where Mayweather can afford to toy with Manny without fearing much repercussion. It was obvious from the beginning that Manny couldn't push the pace anymore and go into a frenzy of flurries like a couple of years ago. From the 8 round especially, Money May was able to tag Manny almost at will with those quick counters and right hooks.
    He could still do the quick flurries. He was just afraid to get knocked out

Floyd just waited til Manny showed signs of slowing down i.e. the Pacquiao vs Marquez IV to accept the fight.

He dodged the purposed fights before that like how he boxed tonight.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

This fight would have looked exactly like this five years ago. Pacquiao was never going to be a serious challenge for Mayweather. His style plays right into Floyd's hands.

Pacquiao has never been the kind of fighter who uses his jab to back guys up against the ropes and then throws haymakers when the guy's back touches the ropes... which is really the only strategy that has ever had any success against Floyd.

Manny can usually control the center of the ring with his quickness, awkward style and punches coming from odd angles. He normally does some of his best work in the center of the ring.

And, you can't fight Floyd Mayweather in the middle of the ring. This was always going to be a mismatch. Pacquiao is a great fighter and I take nothing away from him, but he was never beating Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Floyd just waited til Manny showed signs of slowing down i.e. the Pacquiao vs Marquez IV to accept the fight.

He dodged the purposed fights before that like how he boxed tonight.
    Pacquiao ALWAYS struggled against Marquez. Every fight they had was a battle and Pacquiao actually did some of his best work against Marquez in the first few rounds of that most recent fight. Meanwhile, Mayweather did not have a great night against Cotto. Floyd is older than Manny.

The writing has always been on the wall. Pacquiao and Marquez make for great fights. Problem is, Mayweather is a lot better than Marquez at just about everything. I understand what it means to prefer certain athletes over others, but there comes a time when respect has to be given.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Ooooo my, you're so pissed lol

90% of the world thinks May won dude. You're the one with Stevie Wonder vision,
    I stayed up late for this, messing with streams. For the blunder of the century. Doesn't look like anyone but the floyd stans (which, going off of twitter, are overwhelmingly represented by U21 african american kids) are pleased at all with this result.

"u mad tho? u jealous" Well yeah. I wish I got paid millions to show up to work, not do my job, act like an overgrown child, and still get my dick sucked endlessly.

NBA lottery pick

I stayed up late for this, messing with streams. For the blunder of the century. Doesn't look like anyone but the floyd stans (which, going off of twitter, are overwhelmingly represented by U21 african american kids) are pleased at all with this result.

"u mad tho? u jealous" Well yeah. I wish I got paid millions to show up to work, not do my job, act like an overgrown child, and still get my dick sucked endlessly.
    People may not pleased with the result, but not many disagree with it.

Now stop being a baby.

Go get laid edgelord. We don't need that shit tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    People may not pleased with the result, but not many disagree with it.

Now stop being a baby.
    This happens pretty much after every Mayweather fight... At some point, you have to wonder if maybe, just maybe, the criticisms are legitimate? Mayweather gets away with things in the ring that others don't (superstar calls whatever) but on top of that, he gets applause for doing it. The room I was watching it with was utterly baffled at how lenient the ref was with Mayweather hugging it out, the lowblows, etc...While the American commentators were calling this stuff "Brilliant work by Money Mayweather! He's so smart!"