Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Why are there so many Floyd agenda exxagerators/glorifyers?

i swear thats all i keep reading here like theyre butthurt people are calling him boring and pretending he did so much in between all of the running, dodging, and hugging.

a lot of you hardcore boxing fans remind me of pretentious movie reviewers who will turn the description of some average scene into some deep hidden meaning that pays tribute to some tragic RL event from 100 years ago when its just a average scene. its like over glorifying the crap out of something, looking to make it out to be so great when it isn't.

For example Floyd's greatness for making everyone having low punch count against him. guess what mf'ers? if i ran, held, and basically dodged you all fight you won't be throwing as much and hitting me as most others who will stand toe to toe with me. even if you sprinted chasing me all around the ring your punch numbers will still be down vs anyone else who stands there and actually fights. how you all turn that into Floyd's greatness and pretending to break it down so much into his countering and underrated punch power fear is laughable

there is just so much wrong i keep reading from 'boxing fans' glorifying what Floyd did last night its criminal how much people suck his dikk for literally using every artificial boxing rule to not fight. ...go ahead and glorify all of the hugging he did, its funny how y'all mf'ers talking about rewatching it last night didn't mention the amount of times he hugs Pac every time they get near each other. how the fukk do you fight somebody who can abuse every artificial boxing rule to not fight? if i can hug you EVERY time you get in punching distance to me how the fukk are you going to ever get many punches in? wtf is that shit?

don't even give me that what Floyd did is similar to MMA garbage either. GSP may be boring these days but he's at least working wrestling, constantly aggressive, and the other guy has every chance to fight him. he's not running and avoiding the whole point of their sport all match. in MMA if you're not confronting, trying, or being aggressive at all you lose. they stand you up. they force confrontation, thats what a FIGHT SPORT is about

and for all of the why do you watch Floyd if you know he's boring?, or Floyd's counting his 100mill, what are you doing? yappers....most of us are talking about the actual FIGHTING in a FIGHT SPORT. have some manly integrity for christs sakes, you're not supposed to respect someone who fights while avoiding a fight all fight lol. sorry we're dogging your boy you have some agenda with but people are going to say what they see. Its not like everyone just dislikes Floyd for no reason, or think he's boring for no reason, or even watches last night for no reason. there are obvious reasons for all of that.

boxing fans don't know and see any more than the rest of us do. you think you do just like pretentiious movie reviewers but fukk that if you call that greatness

Default Re: Why are there so many Floyd agenda exxagerators/glorifyers?

Can you show me where he ran? Which rounds?

He literally stood in the corner for minutes in certain rounds, standing still and Manny still couldn't get a clean hit on him for the most part outside of round 4.

I think you're a bit too emotionally invested right now, man. Take a step back.

Asians lost man

You're too racially invested in your fandom of Manny and hate of Floyd.

College superstar

is what it is man.. fights are so poorly refereed that most of them turn into clinching or running festivals. they are a joke to see (only watched because my neighbors invited me to watch the ppv) - and imo they are anything but 2 guys fighting. go back to the the 70.s and 80.s when fights were REAL and exciting to watch. go back to a time when 2 guys actually stood toe to toe and and fought hard to see who was the better fighter - on both offense and defense, and not just defense which opens up slight offense with ineffective punches.

i've never seen two boxers look so clean after a fight.

NBA rookie of the year

Floyd clearly won.

With that said this is why boxing is dying. Its not fun watching midgets (yes 145 LB guys are sort of midgets) fight. And yes I know they could kick my ass, I am an accountant, being better than me at a particular sport doesnt mean the quality of that sport is good right now.

At no point in that fight was either fighter a threat to finish the other.

The best Heavyweight (Wladimir Klitschko) is also boring but in a totally different way. He lacks any fluidity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    is what it is man.. fights are so poorly refereed that most of them turn into clinching or running festivals. they are a joke to see (only watched because my neighbors invited me to watch the ppv) - and imo they are anything but 2 guys fighting. go back to the the 70.s and 80.s when fights were REAL and exciting to watch. go back to a time when 2 guys actually stood toe to toe and and fought hard to see who was the better fighter - on both offense and defense, and not just defense which opens up slight offense with ineffective punches.

i've never seen two boxers look so clean after a fight.
    I agree that the quality of Boxing overall was better in the 70s-80s, but Sugar Ray ran so much during the Duran rematch that Hands of Stone said 'f*ck this, I'm going home'.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Can you show me where he ran? Which rounds?

He literally stood in the corner for minutes in certain rounds, standing still and Manny still couldn't get a clean hit on him for the most part outside of round 4.
    Pac chased him all around the ring. granted Mayweather stood his ground a few times but for the most part he either ran or hugged him EVERY time there was a real confrontation about to happen.. and you all blame the observer who wants to see a good fight? that to me just shows true stan bias, not fight fans who truly want to see a good fight and best 'fighter' winning.

easy work

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    Pac chased him all around the ring. granted Mayweather stood his ground a few times but for the most part he either ran or hugged him EVERY time there was a real confrontation about to happen.. and you all blame the observer who wants to see a good fight? that to me just shows true stan bias, not fight fans who truly want to see a good fight and best 'fighter' winning.
    We paid for a boxing match. I wanted to see the best boxer win. That is what happened. That is Floyd's style of boxing, if PAC wanted to win he'd find a way to counter it. He took zero risk and just accepted that ass whooping after the first round when he figured he was outclassed.

Floyd could have hurt PAC but he'd have to risk and extra 10-15% chance of losing. In his mind, he doesn't see the point.

Not sure how people are surprised by the way Floyd fights at this point. Can't blame a guy for playing to his strengths and being smart.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    We paid for a boxing match. I wanted to see the best boxer win. That is what happened. That is Floyd's style of boxing, if PAC wanted to win he'd find a way to counter it. He took zero risk and just accepted that ass whooping after the first round when he figured he was outclassed.

Floyd could have hurt PAC but he'd have to risk and extra 10-15% chance of losing. In his mind, he doesn't see the point.
    i would love to have seen Floyd hurt Pac considering he dodged and hugged him the whole fight to win on punch count stats

this is not the boxing i remember~

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    i would love to have seen Floyd hurt Pac considering he dodged and hugged him the whole fight to win on punch count stats

this is not the boxing i remember~
    aren't you like a 20 something year old asian kid? what boxing do you remember?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik
    aren't you like a 20 something year old asian kid? what boxing do you remember?

its funny how you say that with your handle name who way way before your meager existence

Any real boxing fan would appreciate what Mayweather did against Pac...people just mad how easily he won the fight.

It's like if a team won the Superbowl 45 - 0. Should the winning team be feeling sorry for the other team's lack of scoring ability, by letting them score points so the fans would be more entertained?`

Simply put, there isn't a single fighter out there in Floyd's weight class that could give him any serious trouble, and he doesn't need to risk getting himself hurt by going for a KO when he can get more money by going to distance and simply dominating his opponent on the scorecards.

Manny and Roach talked that shit for nearly 2 months about how Manny is stronger than ever and how he'll knock Floyd out. Come fight night, this fool lands less than 7 punches per round and ends up attempting less punches than Floyd himself and now all of a sudden he had a major shoulder injury How you gonna talk all that shit and then turn around and say you weren't all that healthy for the fight? Really?

Floyd gonna retire undefeated and with a half a billi in his bank.