Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: Steph Curry named MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

you might as well just post "i'm 15" and be done with it
    It's been the ISH motto forever now.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs
    They won 67 games. Minus Steph Curry and they'd definitely still win AT LEAST 50.
    so Curry is the difference between them being an average playoff team out west and the best team in the entire league.. i agree

I'd say more around the top 20 area.
    then what's the point of even claiming they are "one of the best" do you realize how massive the gap between supporting cast like the 86 Celtics and 87 Lakers (2 of the GOAT supporting cast) and a team like this years Warriors?

Only reason you're denying this is because its present day. If I said Ray Allen was going to become the GOAT shooter in the early 2000s, you'd probably say im stupid.
    no actually that's the reason you're making this ridiculous claim, you're so caught up with the fact that they won 67 games and have rolled through the playoffs (largely due to Curry putting up 31/5/7)

07 Mavs won 67 games, I guess they were one of the GOAT supporting cast huh too huh ?

and the Warriors did what they did this season with Bogut missing 15 games, Lee missing 30 game and Green who eventually became the Warror's 3rd scoring option only averaging 12 ppg..

and wtf are you talking about with Ray Allen, it was obvious to anybody with eyes that he was going to be one of the GOAT shooters as soon as you saw him take a jumper

If they win it all this year, no one's gonna be like Stephen Curry did it all.
    Nobody is saying he did it all, but he is the main reason this team is where they are... and like you even admitted in the beginning of your post Curry is the difference between them being a 67 win team and a 50 win team, which is the difference between a regular WC playoff team and an ELITE TEAM..

and again, this Warriors team isn't built for the playoffs, literally no team in the history of the NBA has been built like this and then gone on to win a championship

and again, this Warriors team isn't built for the playoffs, literally no team in the history of the NBA has been built like this and then gone on to win a championship
    The best defensive and best offensive team in the league has never won a championship?

Actually curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    The best defensive and best offensive team in the league has never won a championship?

Actually curious.
    they have nobody to give the ball to consistently down low, they have no half court post threat at all unless Lee begins to get minutes again.

the only team that has ever won championships playing with that type of team were the Bulls, and they had Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen who were more than good enough in the half court game to make up for it..

you can't rely on jump shots and 3pters to win championships.

and there aren't many teams in NBA history that were built around guards who went on to win the championship.. Jordan, Kobe, Wade..

and Kobe and Wade both had guys who could get you buckets in the post when the game got ugly, or they could do it themselves. And they are 2 of the ATG guards.

I'll be shocked if the GSW win the title playing the way they do. We've watched KD & WB try to win championships with no post threat on their team for years now, that shit just doesn't normally work

Nice dodge.

Has the team with the best offense AND defense ever NOT won the championship, is a better question I guess?

Nice dodge.

Has the team with the best offense AND defense ever NOT won the championship, is a better question I guess?
    did you even read what I said?

Look at how their team is built.. who is their go to guy in the post?

how many teams have won championships without a true go to guy in the post?

you can tally off regular season stats all you want, but if you look at the history of the league, there aren't many teams who were built around guards, and didn't have a go to go in the post, who went on to win the champioships.. there aren't many teams built around guards who went on to win the championship..period

there are hardly any teams that are built around guards that go on to win championships

and those that did featured Jordan, Kobe, Wade.

I'd love to see them win it all, because that would mean Curry WENT OFF and that would be fun to watch, but teams built around guards don't normally take home the gold, especially teams built around guards that have no grind it out post player to go to when the game slows down and the jumpers aren't falling
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 05-06-2015 at 12:38 AM.

there are hardly any teams that are built around guards that go on to win championships
    That's true.

Still doesn't really answer my question, but I guess that's the best I'll get.

Banned

Golden State was third in the league in points in the paint/game. They're more than just a jump shooting team, though I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't win it all this year. You're right that a go-to guy in the post is a huge factor in relation to championships.

That's true.

Still doesn't really answer my question, but I guess that's the best I'll get.
    what do you want me to do go through the entire history of the nba on bball reference looking at drgt and orgt?

Kobe and Jordan

those are the only 2 guards who you could build around and consistently be in title contention. Wade too, but he was never healthy enough to see if he could sustain it. But all 3 of those guys had post games themselves. Curry is too small for that

Curry has to be on the level if he plans on winning with the team built around him

and it's not a coincidence that LEjoinme only begun to win championship when finally began working the post on a consistent basis.

I'm just saying if the Warriors win the title Curry is going to have to put up some Kobe numbers/2nd 3peat Jordan numbers for them to win.
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 05-06-2015 at 12:47 AM.

Banned

look at this game. he has no vocal leadership. just leading by talent. team mates not made better

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    Golden State was third in the league in points in the paint/game. They're more than just a jump shooting team, though I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't win it all this year. You're right that a go-to guy in the post is a huge factor in relation to championships.
    I know and maybe that's where they'll make up for not having much of a post game, but I doubt that

tonight's game was a good example of what i've been saying

curry & klay were off and the team looked lost offensively in the 4th

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

tonight's game was a good example of what i've been saying

curry & klay were off and the team looked lost offensively in the 4th
    Barkley has been saying it all season long... Jump shooting teams are vulnerable

People will say "but Golden State gets a ton of points in the paint" but most of that is off transition from regular season ball... A team like Memphis slows down tempo in the playoffs and won't allow those transition opportunities to happen. I can't believe people were predicting Warriors in 4-5 this series... absolute disgrace. Curry and Thompson can't really post up, and neither do Bogut/Green.

We see it with Harden too... His shooting % suffers in the playoffs because he has absolutely no post up game. Same reason LeBron was able to win 2 rings once he worked on his post game and stopped settling for jumpers.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Barkley has been saying it all season long... Jump shooting teams are vulnerable

People will say "but Golden State gets a ton of points in the paint" but most of that is off transition from regular season ball... A team like Memphis slows down tempo in the playoffs and won't allow those transition opportunities to happen. I can't believe people were predicting Warriors in 4-5 this series... absolute disgrace. Curry and Thompson can't really post up, and neither do Bogut/Green.

We see it with Harden too... His shooting % suffers in the playoffs because he has absolutely no post up game. Same reason LeBron was able to win 2 rings once he worked on his post game and stopped settling for jumpers.
    I was really enjoying this post until you brought up that nikka Lebron.