Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: 2015 Tennis French Open

Murray is now the best clay court player in the world. He kicked that greasy spaniard's ass a few weeks ago.

You guys that say they are doing it for fed are dumb. That's how both tourneys have always done it. Wimbledon is I believe the only major that seeds based on anything other than current world rank and they've done it for a while now.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    How does Nadal deserve better than a 6th seed?

It's not like he's been out injured and is just returning for the French. He's been playing Tennis, on clay, and losing. If Nadal wants a higher seed, he should win more matches.

Wawrinka and Tsonga through to the semi's. That should be a nice collision.
    This dude stays shook at the thought of Nadal catching Federer's slam count.

Real heads all know the King of Clay is the real GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning

So the surface that is universally least liked among tennis folk now proves that somehow the player that dominates the most on it is the best?

He has won a single title outside of the French in the last 5 years...

GOAT my ass. Consistency is a large part of greatness, and he doesn't come close to Federer, or even Sampras, and even Djokovic in that regard.

Sampras and Federer are better players, and Djokovic will more than likely pass him too.

nadal owns federer head to head .. yes he has OWNED who many consider goat .. and he's beating djokovic head to head at the moment 23-20 I think and 9-3 in slams .. 14 slam titles .. also 9 titles at one slam .. possibly 10 .. is unprecedented .. he also has won all 4 slams .. sampras, another all time great, couldn't do it .. djokovic hasn't done it .. although he may soon .. he belongs in the conversation of all time greatest .. whoever disagrees is just a hater

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning

No experienced Tennis fan will ever consider Nadal the GOAT. He lacks both the resume and the consistency.

I don't like Nadal because I think his game is ugly, not because he's some threat to Federer. I have to admit that Nadal has improved parts of his game over the years, especially his serve, which has made him more watchable... but in general, I'm not a fan of pure defensive players who win matches primarily through unforced errors.

Being a bad matchup for fed doesn't make nadal better. And outside of clay the head to head is basically even.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Being a bad matchup for fed doesn't make nadal better. And outside of clay the head to head is basically even.

Nadal homers also like to leave out that Federer is 5 years older... and when Fed was Nadal's current age, he was #1 in the World and winning Majors. Nadal is in his prime and hasn't won a single tournament this year... not even on clay.

federer has a 2-1 edge on grass which is nothing .. nadal 9-6 on hard court, a superior surface for federer .. and 13-2 on clay .. nadal owns him period .. like his bitch .. there's no way around it .. nadal was regularly beating federer when federer was in his prime and nadal was a kid .. the only reason I put federer slightly ahead is 17-14 .. if nadal ever ties him, game over .. a more formidable and legit rival to nadal is djokovic who's played him tough for years now

Banned

Pat Rafter is the GOAT

Federer.... I'm a HUGE fan, but dude needs to retire.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Federer.... I'm a HUGE fan, but when was the last time he won a major?
    Like ten years ago. He sucks **** now.

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    federer has a 2-1 edge on grass which is nothing .. nadal 9-6 on hard court, a superior surface for federer .. and 13-2 on clay .. nadal owns him period .. like his bitch .. there's no way around it .. nadal was regularly beating federer when federer was in his prime and nadal was a kid .. the only reason I put federer slightly ahead is 17-14 .. if nadal ever ties him, game over .. a more formidable and legit rival to nadal is djokovic who's played him tough for years now
    So outside of clay, the matchup is 10-8 in favor of nadal... Soooo no he doesn't own him period. He owns him on clay.

Edit another way of looking at it. Fed has legit arguments to being the goat grass court player ever, the goat hard court player ever and to being the 3rd goat clay court player ever. Nadal is the goat clay player ever, a top 10 or so grass player ever and a top 50? Ish hard court player ever. The weirdness of clay that has allowed him to maintain a dominance for a long period of time helps with the number of majors and nadal is a legit all time level player but he's not anywhere near as good as fed.
    Last edited by raiderfan19; 06-03-2015 at 06:02 AM.

Its about to go down!!!

Rafa vs Djokovic... **** yea

djokovic is smelling blood