Default Pistons physical therapist leaving

One of the most vital members of the Detroit Pistons organization is moving on after 23 years. The Pistons announced today that Arnie Kander, their physical therapist who has been with the club since 1992, has submitted his resignation and will be leaving the organization June 30.

-- Michigan Live

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Pistons physical therapist leaving

Much respect, behind the scene guys like this often don't get the props they deserve - he was with us for what, 25 years or so, great work

Wonder why he is leaving though - another team perhaps?

NBA lottery pick

I agree, it's sad to see him go. He's one of the best in the NBA. I also wonder what he's leaving for.

Maybe he wasn't happy with his new position as Physical Therapist for us, pretty sure SVG moved him from strength and conditioning into that role when he came to the team...

NBA lottery pick

It looks like he might just be retiring for a while.
    http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nb...tons/28769575/

He says it has nothing to do with the title change. I would expect he'd tell the press that but it seems like a pretty genuine article.

Boom, landed with the T'Wolves, grrrr....

NBA lottery pick

Apparently it had everything to do with the title change. I don't understand why they just didn't let him keep doing what he was in Detroit.

Decent college freshman

New coaches bring in their own people. I doubt it will have a major effect on our W/L anyways

NBA lottery pick

It's not necessarily the win loss column. There are guys that look at that are of a team when they're FA's though. I think it's just bad business to push out someone who's been that loyal to an organization for so long and still does a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Apparently it had everything to do with the title change. I don't understand why they just didn't let him keep doing what he was in Detroit.
    If this is true (which it appears to be) then it shows that the individual is not bigger than the business. An Employer can not be held hostage by an employee over a "title change", so if he wasn't prepared to evolve and adapt in the new direction of the business of the Pistons, then it is probably for the best we parted ways with him.

Similar to a players role on the team, if a player is asked to fill a different role than previously, and he was truly dedicated for the direction of the team, he would do that no questions asked...

I have absolutely no hard feelings and still think he is great at his craft, but seems like it was best to part ways