Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Default Re: why isn't GS double-teaming LeBron?

I hope they do.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Why doesn't Golden State dare LeBron to shoot like San Antonio does?

If he posts up force him baseline, that severely limits passing angles and makes LeBron the scorer. Then it's Andrew Bogut's responsibility to master the vertical rule.
    Because all their perimeter defenders aside from Iggy are a bunch of p.ussies

Because they saw what happened to the Hawks when they doubled LeBron...

Complete Player

I thought with Kerr being a disciple of Popovich that he would mimic Pop's defensive scheme on Lebron but for some reason continues to not adjust. Lebron can hardly throw the ball in the ocean right now from the perimeter (much like the '11, '12 and '13 Finals) but rather than sag off him, live with him shooting outside jumpers, and packing the paint so he's hesitant to drive or post up the Warriors are giving Lebron's teammates a ton of respect by sticking with them and giving Lebron all the room he could possibly want to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    I thought with Kerr being a disciple of Popovich that he would mimic Pop's defensive scheme on Lebron but for some reason continues to not adjust. Lebron can hardly throw the ball in the ocean right now from the perimeter (much like the '11, '12 and '13 Finals) but rather than sag off him, live with him shooting outside jumpers, and packing the paint so he's hesitant to drive or post up the Warriors are giving Lebron's teammates a ton of respect by sticking with them and giving Lebron all the room he could possibly want to operate.
    I know. It's one thing to sag off of Bron in the perimeter but to let him operate uninterrupted down the post? That's just stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    They dont want to get killed from 3 when Lebron kicks it out to spotup shooters
    that is an insane stat tho i knew Lebron was seeing alot of single coverage but only doubled on 5% of his touches??? Wow hard to believe hes still so inefficient 40%FG and below 50%TS
    He's the most overrated 'GOAT' of all time.

I mean is Kerr THAT afraid of JR, Shumpert, and Dell? I understand being afraid of James Jones cause that guy is a deadly shooter but the other guys are streaky. JR sometimes plays better when he takes off balanced, contested 3s. He seems to struggle more when he's taking shots in rhythm for some reason.

Given how the series has turned out so far, I would take it out of Bron's hands and make someone else beat me. Who does Clev really have on offense that can hurt them? Worst case scenario, a couple of guys get hot. But you aren't letting Bron operate uninterrupted in the post and getting easy baskets time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Can't. We're raiding in WoW at night
    My 15 year old self understands this. Gotta get that DKP bro

Defense is not the problem for the Warriors. Holding the Cavs to around 95 ppg is fine since GS should be scoring 110 ppg...but they aren't. GS offense is in a horrible state of affairs right now. Basically Klay is the only big scorer who is kind of consistent. Only thing Warriors could do better at defense on is hitting the glass (which they will now that Lee is free). Even if this goes to 3-1, don't count GS out. They have SIGNIFICANTLY more talent. Their defense on Bron is fine considering his usage rate.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Defense is not the problem for the Warriors. Holding the Cavs to around 95 ppg is fine since GS should be scoring 110 ppg...but they aren't. GS offense is in a horrible state of affairs right now. Basically Klay is the only big scorer who is kind of consistent. Only thing Warriors could do better at defense on is hitting the glass (which they will now that Lee is free). Even if this goes to 3-1, don't count GS out. They have SIGNIFICANTLY more talent. Their defense on Bron is fine considering his usage rate.
    This. Their problem is their offense...

They need to double LeBron only when he is backing to the basket, but make sure one man is always on JR and a defensive big is staying by the basket.

Decent college freshman

Because their defense isn't the reason they're losing this series.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Because if you want to trap him - you HAVE to do it with a big, and other than Bogut GS doesn't have a traditional big. Also open 3s = not good.

Defense isn't the problem. Lebron is shooting 40 percent. They will live with that.

Their offense is the problem. It's disappeared. No ball movement they've become a team of chuckers.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I don't know. 40% from the field on 35 shots a game sounds like ideal defense to me. And only a 2:1 ratio (~4 turnovers a game).

Maybe if they could make a shot in quarters 1-3 and stop trying to play catch up from 15 down every game...