Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron catching so much flak despite his herculean performance proves how good he is.

His performance and effort don't matter anymore. He's gonna catch flack regardless for his team losing. That's how it is with pretty much every great, HOF level player leading their team, not only Lebron.

Default Re: Lebron catching so much flak despite his herculean performance proves how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah, pretty much this. It doesn't mean he hasn't been really, really f***ing good, because he has. I'm just not sure it's been as great of a series as is being advertised by his fans and the media.
    What's really frustrating to me as LBJ fan is realizing how much different his career could have been if he had always had this ultra aggressive mentality.

2/6

Team cancer

Cheers

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    I'm a fan of LeBron. I salute the 40 point triple double. However, you have to see it from this point of view:

1 point game, 5 minutes left. LeBron takes 2 more fgs and that's it. He doesn't force the issue.

Appreciating what LeBron did, but also acknowledging he could have done more is not having.

It's not as if one he got 40, he didn't need to do more, he was free of criticism. This is about winning not about stats.

And the "look at the team". I understand the context, which is why I'm not being harsh or anything, but the game was in hand. He could have closed the deal.
    I don't think there's anything he could have done to offset the Splash Brothers explosion. He did take it to the rim twice near the end after hitting a couple 3's, but he didn't get the calls after drawing contact at the rim. After those shots, I think Curry and Klay each hit a 3 to blow the game open. After that, they need to shoot 3's only, and they tried getting JR/Delly/Shump some 3's since they are all better three point shooters than LeBron, but they weren't hitting.

[COLOR=Teal]He's catching flak because he had the Warriors where the Cavs wanted them, and let it slip away with his 7/22 performance at home. Now, they're down (instead of up) 2-3 and Gm4 might prove just the performance that gave away the championship the Cavs have for so long wanted.

No shame in losing to the MVP, but time and again LeBron's had a golden opportunity to put away an opponent while they're down, and guess what ensued? He would've received much less flak had the Cavs not taken hold of the series at all.
    [/COLOR]

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Unreal how high the expectation are for this guy. 40, 14 and 12 and just 2 turnovers on the road vs the stacked Warriors, top defense in the league. Playing with no help. JR Smith is literally the only guy who can create a shot for himself. Not to mention the refs allowing a ridiculous amount of contact every time Lebron is in the paint. LeGOAT has 3 40 point games so far these Finals. One of the games he didn't score 30 he had 39, 16 and 11. I Warriors win and Lebron doesn't win FMVP(assuming he continues his level of play, which he will and more) , it's officially a joke award. NBA should just officially name it Finals MVP for the Winning Team award. Cavs in 7 BTW
    It just shows you how obsessed the American culture is with winning. Winning forgives everything. Hell, you can rape people and be forgiven if you win.

And JR Smith creating his own shot? Sure, if you including shooting a contest jumper, heh

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Herculean performance? For what? He can't make his teammates better. Or does that not matter anymore? I remember for many, many years, how that was a main point in describing his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    This is how good he is...

2/6

The east is a blessing and a curse.

This is the curse.

Enjoy.

Damn.

OP meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    His team lost the game.

This is why people hate stans. Stats mean dick if your team loses.
    what a stupid mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Herculean performance? For what? He can't make his teammates better. Or does that not matter anymore? I remember for many, many years, how that was a main point in describing his game.
    He made them better. They were almost all irrelevant without him.

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]He's catching flak because he had the Warriors where the Cavs wanted them, and let it slip away with his 7/22 performance at home. Now, they're down (instead of up) 2-3 and Gm4 might prove just the performance that gave away the championship the Cavs have for so long wanted.

No shame in losing to the MVP, but time and again LeBron's had a golden opportunity to put away an opponent while they're down, and guess what ensued? He would've received much less flak had the Cavs not taken hold of the series at all.
    [/COLOR]
    Just shows how great he is.

It's a shame that it took LeBron until he started to decline to realize he was the best basketball player in the world.

If he had the mentality he has now back in '09, he'd have like 5 rings.

Cats went from Cavs being up 2-1 puffing out their chests here and talking all types of shit ...

To them being down 2-3 and now motherf*ckers on here getting philosophical.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Cats went from Cavs being up 2-1 puffing out their chests here and talking all types of shit ...

To them being down 2-3 and now motherf*ckers on here getting philosophical.
    we got a badass in the house, dammmmnnnn