Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Embiid could sit out another season

the tank continues.

so they will have

D'Angelo Russell
    Nerlens Noel / Dario Saric
    Joel Embiid

and who else in 2016? Jaylen Brown??? they could be really, really good in a few years.

Why would they bank on going forward with this guy? If anything he should be a bonus for a team if he can develop.

Also wasn't there a rumor that they would have been open to trading him too?

What plan do the Sixers have?!

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Why would they bank on going forward with this guy? If anything he should be a bonus for a team if he can develop.

Also wasn't there a rumor that they would have been open to trading him too?

What plan do the Sixers have?!
    It doesnt matter. They are tanking to stock talent. If he works out they hit the jckpot, if he doesnt? Well, the lottery is the same as the lottery.

I mean it's hard for anyone to really think he's going to have a healthy, productive career at this point.

The 6ers tank has netted a lot of talent, but it's all for naught if they don't wind up with a superstar. Embiid seemed like their best shot at getting one, but with his future in doubt now I guess they just have to keep searching.

You never know but I don't think any out of Noel, Saric, or Russell project to be an All-NBA type player.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I mean it's hard for anyone to really think he's going to have a healthy, productive career at this point.

The 6ers tank has netted a lot of talent, but it's all for naught if they don't wind up with a superstar. Embiid seemed like their best shot at getting one, but with his future in doubt now I guess they just have to keep searching.

You never know but I don't think any out of Noel, Saric, or Russell project to be an All-NBA type player.
    Then the can keep tanking/trading until they get one.

Decent college freshman

Is it just me or did this article seem to be more speculation than anything conclusive? Weren't most quotes from a different team's exec? Not going to doubt Embiid may miss games, or even a whole season, but I don't think I got much out of that article that seems legit.

As bball fans, hopefully we aren't totally robbed of seeing this game play in the NBA.

Best wishes to the big fella

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Well I guess it was good that he came out after a year in school. Making good money right now for the short term (rookie contract). He may have a short career. Hopefully he invested his money well and goes back to school to earn a degree.