Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If LeBron wins Finals MVP in a loss, why should Season MVP be based on wins?

I still think this is going 7 and Cavs could win if Bron goes crazy. However if GS wins tonight or on Friday, how could the media justify Bron as the MVP without loosening the criteria for Regular Season MVP?

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: If LeBron wins Finals MVP in a loss, why should Season MVP be based on wins?

He wont win unless Curry plays like absolute shit.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Default Re: If LeBron wins Finals MVP in a loss, why should Season MVP be based on wins?

I think they're two different awards

Jesus Christ do I hate ISH sometimes. I can't believe this is even a thing that people are talking about.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Jesus Christ do I hate ISH sometimes. I can't believe this is even a thing that people are talking about.

This is not just ish, they are talking about this (BRAWN for FMVP) EVERYWHERE, talk radio, TV, barbershops, realgm, other boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    This is not just ish, they are talking about this (BRAWN for FMVP) EVERYWHERE, talk radio, TV, barbershops, realgm, other boards.
    He's shooting sub 40% for the series and just 30% in 4th quarter and OT, with that number shrinking down to just barely above 20% in the last 3 minutes of the 4th + OT....

And this while being left in single coverage every single time down the floor...

And they wanna make him the FMVP in a losing effort?

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    He's shooting sub 40% for the series and just 30% in 4th quarter and OT, with that number shrinking down to just barely above 20% in the last 3 minutes of the 4th + OT....

And this while being left in single coverage every single time down the floor...

Its ridiculous to me too but people are talking about it everywhere, you know once LESPN pushes something its a wrap, their machine is just so powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    Its ridiculous to me too but people are talking about it everywhere, you know once LESPN pushes something its a wrap, their machine is just so powerful.
    Imagine the Warriors win. They're all gathered, the Commish comes out, gives them a trophy, there's a huge celebration, everyone's happy, and then they announce, "this year's finals MVP goes to...Lebron James!" I mean, let's get real about this. Is this something that people actually believe is a thing that is going to happen? Seriously? The last time it happened it was a consolation prize since they figured West was NEVER going to win. Lebron has already won twice. There is absolutely no way that this could be justified.

I rule the local playground

I hate guys who has to think should work one way because well that's the way they have worked.

There is no reason why a player on a losing team shouldn't be MVP, just like there is no reason a player on a 45-37 cant' be the MVP over a guy on a 65-17 team.

If say the Cavs without Lebron would have got beat by 30 points every game and swept in 4 ( which they would have ) but the Warriors without Curry still win the series pretty easily then Lebron is in fact the most valuable player. I am not sure why many can't grasp this. I can't believe anyone can watch this series and not realize that Lebron is far and away the most valuable player on the court. Every knows that if h gets anyreal rest he game is over.

But I do with they would change things and stop awarding most valuable, it should be player of the series or player of the year. Most valuable has become a joke because of people like the guy I am responding to because he thinks you have to give it to the best player on the best team, which of course makes the award pretty meaningless.
    Last edited by stanlove1111; 06-16-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    I hate guys who has to think should work one way because well that's the way they have worked.

There is no reason why a player on a losing team shouldn't be MVP, just like there is no reason a player on a 45-37 cant' be the MVP over a guy on a 65-17 team.

If say the Cavs without Lebron would have got beat by 30 points every game and swept in 4 ( which they would have ) but the Warriors without Curry still win the series pretty easily then Lebron is in fact the most valuable player. I am not sure why many can't grasp this. I can't believe anyone can watch this series and not realize that Lebron is far and away the most valuable player on the court.

But I do with they would change things and stop awarding most valuable, it should be player of the series or player of the year. Most valuable has become a joke because of people like the guy I am responding to because he thinks you have to give it to the best player on the best team, which of course makes the award pretty meaningless.
    Cavs would be favored against warriors without curry IMO

Imagine the Warriors win. They're all gathered, the Commish comes out, gives them a trophy, there's a huge celebration, everyone's happy, and then they announce, "this year's finals MVP goes to...Lebron James!" I mean, let's get real about this. Is this something that people actually believe is a thing that is going to happen? Seriously? The last time it happened it was a consolation prize since they figured West was NEVER going to win. Lebron has already won twice. There is absolutely no way that this could be justified.
    Yeah, I don't get why people think it will happen

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Cavs would be favored against warriors without curry IMO

That's why I phrased it as an example. But the fact that you had to say IMO says it all. Nobody is saying the Cavs would have a chance IMO without Lebron.

Good High School Starter Bernkastel's Avatar

MVP awards don't matter. Even if LeBron didn't win this year, he's still the best player.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld

Tis ****ing mindblowing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

ESPN going HAM today trying to sell "Lebron should get MVP".