Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: If LeBron wins Finals MVP in a loss, why should Season MVP be based on wins?

No one thinks Lebron WILL win the FMVP. But he should.

And for those citing his shooting numbers... if his FG% is so detrimental to his team, why are the games close? I'll tell you why... because Lebron is, literally, single-handedly controlling the pace of the game, and controlling it in favor of Cleveland.

When Lebron sits, if he sits, it's not only that Cleveland can't score, but it's also that the Cleveland players don't have the ability or talent or BBIQ necessary to keep the pace slow. GSW slowly, but surely, start to run, start to push the pace.

Even if Warriors only score two buckets while Lebron is sitting, now they're more comfortable. They're playing their way. And that momentum continues for a few possessions once Lebron re-enters.. until he slows it again.

Just watch the games, guys. Lebron is controlling the game right now better than any non-official has for as long as I've been watching basketball.

Default Re: If LeBron wins Finals MVP in a loss, why should Season MVP be based on wins?

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    He's shooting sub 40% for the series and just 30% in 4th quarter and OT, with that number shrinking down to just barely above 20% in the last 3 minutes of the 4th + OT....

And this while being left in single coverage every single time down the floor...

And they wanna make him the FMVP in a losing effort?
    He is the most valuable player for his team by far. That makes his FMVP. You want to give it to 5.8 apg and 5 TOV per game curry? LOL

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    He's shooting sub 40% for the series and just 30% in 4th quarter and OT, with that number shrinking down to just barely above 20% in the last 3 minutes of the 4th + OT....

And this while being left in single coverage every single time down the floor...

And they wanna make him the FMVP in a losing effort?
    Kobe would get ****ing wrecked for this, wouldn't matter who was on his Team.

And they certainly wouldn't be discussing giving him Finals MVP chucking away in a losing effort.

This is how I know the hype is real.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Imagine the Warriors win. They're all gathered, the Commish comes out, gives them a trophy, there's a huge celebration, everyone's happy, and then they announce, "this year's finals MVP goes to...Lebron James!" I mean, let's get real about this. Is this something that people actually believe is a thing that is going to happen? Seriously? The last time it happened it was a consolation prize since they figured West was NEVER going to win. Lebron has already won twice. There is absolutely no way that this could be justified.
    Just shows what's wrong with the awards these days. ''Let's not give the award to the deserving guy because it would ruin the atmosphere''

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones

And they certainly wouldn't be discussing giving him Finals MVP chucking away in a losing effort.

5.8 apg and 5.0 turnover per game is not MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    Just shows what's wrong with the awards these days. ''Let's not give the award to the deserving guy because it would ruin the atmosphere''
    So you'd give it to the loser who let his team lose 3 times in a row shooting 30% in 4th quarters?

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    So you'd give it to the loser who let his team lose 3 times in a row shooting 30% in 4th quarters?
    I'd give it to the guy who won made his team win atleast 2 more games than expected because how great he was.

The irony of this is insane, all these same people saying he deserves the MVP were the same people talking shit on Kobe shooting a similar percentage on a worse Team. ISH exposed

College superstar

In my opinion, Kobe would get "wrecked" for it because his chucking, when he's done it, did not dictate the pace of the game. He was more likely to take an 18 footer, rather than Lebron's CharlesBarkley-ing people in to the post and taking a much higher efficiency shot, and a shot in which he's closer to the basket, and Tristan is closer to the basket, and offensive rebounds are easier. Not guaranteed. But easier.

Basically.. Kobe's "chucking" didn't dictate the pace, whereas Lebron's play (not his chucking, but his play) has.

The irony of this is insane, all these same people saying he deserves the MVP were the same people talking shit on Kobe shooting a similar percentage on a worse Team. ISH exposed
    When did Kobe average 37/12/8 in the finals? If he did and not win FMVP, then you have a point. If not, shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    In my opinion, Kobe would get "wrecked" for it because his chucking, when he's done it, did not dictate the pace of the game. He was more likely to take an 18 footer, rather than Lebron's CharlesBarkley-ing people in to the post and taking a much higher efficiency shot, and a shot in which he's closer to the basket, and Tristan is closer to the basket, and offensive rebounds are easier. Not guaranteed. But easier.

Basically.. Kobe's "chucking" didn't dictate the pace, whereas Lebron's play (not his chucking, but his play) has.

Lebron has shot more 18 footers and beyond than Ive ever seen in a series, how the hell is this any different? because he brings up the ball 9 times out of 10, of course he dictates the pace. This post just sounds like a lot of excuses to me. Nothing he's doing is any different from what Kobe would do shooting wise, only difference is he'll bull doze his way in for a basket every now and then and even those he's been missing.

I'd give it to the guy who won made his team win atleast 2 more games than expected because how great he was.
    Give me a f*cking break "Oh he won 2 games when he shouldn't "

He could of won more games if the hit a game-winning LAYUP in game 1 or if he didn't vanish in game 5 at the 4:24 second mark on when he missed a bunny that would have made the score 86-86..Takin 33 shots avg 36pts

When did Kobe average 37/12/8 in the finals? If he did and not win FMVP, then you have a point. If not, shut up.
    So basically now that it's Lebron shooting horrific percentages , it doesn't matter? The flip flopping is real right now for Lebron stans.

Give me a f*cking break "Oh he won 2 games when he shouldn't "

He could of won more games if the hit a game-winning LAYUP in game 1 or if he didn't vanish in game 5 at the 4:24 second mark on when he missed a bunny that would have made the score 86-86..Takin 33 shots avg 36pts
    Yeah, and cavs would go undefeated if they hit 100% of their shots and if they made their opponents miss 100% of their shots. Oh god, we are geniuses.

So basically now that it's Lebron shooting horrific percentages , it doesn't matter? The flip flopping is real right now for Lebron stans.
    Yeah, that's what I thought... shut up.