Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Over 700 Muslims killed in stampede on their way to Mecca

This seems to happen every year.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/09.../?intcmp=hpbt2

Video of the trampled bodies:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f3a_1443092926
    Last edited by Patrick Chewing; 09-24-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Banned

Default Re: Over 700 Muslims killed in stampede on their way to Mecca

OVER 700? Really? That's horrible! They need to have some kind of tour guides on the edges to calm everyone down so this never happens again.

Not to make light of the situation, but in general Arabic people are [COLOR="Black"]fu[/COLOR]cking rude, won't wait for their turn and have no idea how to queue.

That shit can't help in a situation like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Not to make light of the situation, but in general Arabic people are [COLOR="Black"]fu[/COLOR]cking rude, won't wait for their turn and have no idea how to queue.

That shit can't help in a situation like this.
    That's just 3rd world mentality brah. It's the same in India. I got off the plane there, and you know how usually you have to wait in an orderly line to go through security and customs? In the Bombay airport, it was literally everyone in a crowd smashing through to get through the gate, no line, no check, no nothing. If you didn't smash through yourself, you would never get out of the airport. See this kind of shit all the time in Mexico City too. 3rd world mentality doesn't believe in lines and orderly queues, has nothing to do with race.

Considering the fact this keeps happening, Saudi idiots should be doing something to help organize the pilgrimage. Seems like they don't give a shit.

Saudi Arabia is the most badly run country in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    That's just 3rd world mentality brah. It's the same in India. I got off the plane there, and you know how usually you have to wait in an orderly line to go through security and customs? In the Bombay airport, it was literally everyone in a crowd smashing through to get through the gate, no line, no check, no nothing. If you didn't smash through yourself, you would never get out of the airport. See this kind of shit all the time in Mexico City too. 3rd world mentality doesn't believe in lines and orderly queues, has nothing to do with race.

Considering the fact this keeps happening, Saudi idiots should be doing something to help organize the pilgrimage. Seems like they don't give a shit.

Saudi Arabia is the most badly run country in the world.
    I never said it has anything to do with race, just culture. I mean some of these places are supposedly rich and developed, aren't they? High quality of life, for the citizens any way. But rude and childish.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

What I don't get is, how does this happen every year, and nothing is done to correct it?

Can they not hand out pamphlets or something to encourage civility and organization??

Banned

I never said it has anything to do with race, just culture. I mean some of these places are supposedly rich and developed, aren't they? High quality of life, for the citizens any way. But rude and childish.
    They all have rich and developed spots, but there's always shanty towns right next door.

All of these cities and countries have some nice neighborhoods and gated communities but the other 99% of the cities are uneducated people living in slums and squalor their whole lives. Yeah it's rude and childish to us, but if you don't act that way there, you won't survive.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    What I don't get is, how does this happen every year, and nothing is done to correct it?

Can they not hand out pamphlets or something to encourage civility and organization??
    Seems like Saudi simply doesn't give a shit. This would be easy to prevent and wouldn't even cost very much. No one in the Saudi government cares.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

IIRC, the purpose is to touch or pray near one of the scriptures that Abraham apparently Abraham built. I think they relaxed it recently by allowing people praying near it and not actually touching it to try and create less injuries. Maybe someone can correct me on this? An easy solution would be to create a new scripture like right near the place but obv it does have the same holiness and meaning behind it so that won't work.

So that with the fact it's a holiday where millions of people make it to this one pilgrimage probably creates a hectic atmosphere where everyone has to rush to accommodate everyone.
    Last edited by knickballer; 09-24-2015 at 11:57 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    IIRC, the purpose is to touch or pray near one of the scriptures that Abraham apparently Abraham built. I think they relaxed it recently by allowing people praying near it and not actually touching it to try and create less injuries. Maybe someone can correct me on this? An easy solution would be to create a new scripture like right near the place but obv it does have the same holiness and meaning behind it so that won't work.

So that with the fact it's a holiday where millions of people make it to this one pilgrimage probably creates a hectic atmosphere where everyone has to rush to accommodate everyone.
    There are 5 million people there for Eid. There are 6 million people in Oktoberfest every year in Munich and they are drunk and death stampedes don't happen there. The amount of people is no excuse. This kind of thing is easily preventable with a minimal amount of organization.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

There are 5 million people there for Eid. There are 6 million people in Oktoberfest every year in Munich and they are drunk and death stampedes don't happen there. The amount of people is no excuse. This kind of thing is easily preventable with a minimal amount of organization.
    You're probably right in all honesty and I may be wrong on this but having 5 million people try to touch one scripture in the middle is probably the main cause of the issue. But they can definitely design it better though...

It would be like packing those 6 million people for beerfest in some big venue and tell them to touch the stage and take a shot then go back or something.

That was horrible.

Banned

This stampede happened 3 miles away from Mecca in a tent town to house the pilgrims.

Because the Saudis closed off a road

Surprised OP is not celebrating. Inb4 that scum BigNBARetard comes in to shoot off his mouth, anonymous internet btch.

That's just 3rd world mentality brah. It's the same in India. I got off the plane there, and you know how usually you have to wait in an orderly line to go through security and customs? In the Bombay airport, it was literally everyone in a crowd smashing through to get through the gate, no line, no check, no nothing. If you didn't smash through yourself, you would never get out of the airport.
    Sounds like India.

Good trip or nah ?