Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sixers CEO discusses Embiid, says there's no pain and he hasn't regressed

http://www.csnphilly.com/video_conte...-scott-oneil-0

Just healing a little more slowly than expected.

Default Re: Sixers CEO discusses Embiid, says there's no pain and he hasn't regressed

Is he healing slowly or are the Sixers looking for an excuse to tank again?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Sixers CEO discusses Embiid, says there's no pain and he hasn't regressed

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Is he healing slowly or are the Sixers looking for an excuse to tank again?
    Hahah.

Can you imagine the meetings these guys have?

So many probably saying:

"Let's just full on tank one more season. One more top 3 pick and virtually unlimited cap"

Hilarious.

I actually support them. I hate that we have a league that makes this strategy smart, but can't fault them for what they've done.

Sounds like he is trying trade him.

Good luck on any takers on that one.

Well, maybe Portland would take him...

NBA lottery pick

Draftexpress says Porzingis is not very happy with the prospect of being drafted by the Sixers and that Saric is not very interested to come over in 2016, more likely 2017, when he

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Sounds like he is trying trade him.

Good luck on any takers on that one.

Well, maybe Portland would take him...

Banned

It's all about acquiring assets.

The difference between how the Rockets were able to get assets (in order to make the move for James Harden) and how the Sixers are getting assets is that the Sixers didn't have great rotational players to ship for additional pieces.

Rockets traded Tracy McGrady Carl Landry for Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill, and a 2012 First Round Pick.

The following season we traded Aaron Brooks for Goran Dragic and a 2011 First Round Pick. We traded Brad Miller and Nikola Mirotic for Donatas Motiejunas and pieces.

The season after that we traded Chase Budinger for the pick we used to draft Terrence Jones.

The Sixers just didn't have the starting assets the Rockets did, thus them being made to tank seasons and trade their high valued prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Hahah.

Can you imagine the meetings these guys have?

So many probably saying:

"Let's just full on tank one more season. One more top 3 pick and virtually unlimited cap"

Hilarious.

I actually support them. I hate that we have a league that makes this strategy smart, but can't fault them for what they've done.
    The sad part will be if they never win it all.

Decent college freshman

I read on r/nba that somebody actually bumped into Embiid in Philly the other day and he had no limp/boot/problems walking around. He was just leaving a pharmacy listening to rap lol. Obviously doesn't mean he's good to play NBA ball yet, but he seemed like he was in good spirits apparently.

Regarding Saric- if comes over in summer 2017 then he will do the exact same thing Mirotic pulled. People don't realize pre-tax his contract is at least comparable to #1 pick type money. He can stand to make tens of millions more guaranteed if he waits 2 additional years to make the jump. He's also playing for a title in Turkey, as opposed to losing huge for the 76ers.

I also think the 76ers rebuilding strategy is oddly endearing and humorous lol. I'd honestly run a team very similarly in terms of trying to get top draft picks and hoarding cap space. In a way, I think it'd be hilarious if Hinkie builds a superteam and all other GMs eat crow for bashing him for several seasons.

Yay!

All aboard the Embiid bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed

Inb4 he's a 25/12 MVP calibre player...and wins 5 rings

And your post haunts you for the rest of your life

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I read on r/nba that somebody actually bumped into Embiid in Philly the other day and he had no limp/boot/problems walking around. He was just leaving a pharmacy listening to rap lol. Obviously doesn't mean he's good to play NBA ball yet, but he seemed like he was in good spirits apparently.

In other words he's healthy enough to play but the Sixers are still tanking. Good to know.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    In other words he's healthy enough to play but the Sixers are still tanking. Good to know.
    Ben Simmons is the final piece of the puzzle

NBA lottery pick

Sixers CEO: "There's nothing wrong with Embiid. His recovery is going great!"

Phil Jackson: "Good to hear. We might be interested."

Phone hangs up...

Sixers CEO: "Quick, sow Embiid's foot back on for a Knicks workout and medical evaluation."

Banned

I have a strong feeling that Saric won't be a member of the Sixers when he makes his debut