Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Default Re: Why Do We Hate LeBron James?

Same reason MJ has a lot of haters

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Why?

Because he's a top 5 GOAT.
    He's top 2 in the GOAT chokers list.

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    Same reason MJ has a lot of haters
    i'd guess mj has more haters, since he actually beat those person's teams in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035

Leafs are always considered the Knicks of the NHL. Rob Ford isn't the mayor anymore, but that was pretty embarassing too. Not because he did it, but he lied about it to cover his ass before finally admitting to it.

Like red said, the city is still world class and a great tourist spot in the summer.

His sense of entitlement as he came in the league and lack of fundamentals. Could've been GOAT but will most probably end up Top 5 at best.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    There was a similar thread made after the fantastic chokejob in 2011 which listed all of the reasons. I think the list went to 50+ items.

Some of mine:

1. Dancing during the bulls game
    2. Boobie Gibsons 3pt contest (like he couldnt stand not being on front of the camera)
    3. Saying hell take part in the dunk contest
    4. Not taking part of the dunk contest and refusing to address it
    5. Travels... a lot
    6. Gamewinning travel layup vs. Gilzero wizards
    7. Refs not calling the travel
    8. Did the same move the following year, got called for travel, but defended and called it a crab dribble
    9. Flops a lot.... especially for his size
    10. Winking after getting away with flop
    11. Says he doesnt flop
    12. Having other teams personally pitch for him in 2010 all the while Miami was a done deal
    13. That paradr after decision
    14. Stacking the deck, admitting its gonna be easy, then act like hed been to hell to win his first chip
    15. Elbowgate
    16. That haywood flop
    17. Constant media blowjobs
    18. Media spinning the return as a selfless act. When he just stacking the deck again, only younger

Pretty sure there's a lot more
    That's a legit list

Though what's elbowgate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    That's a legit list

Though what's elbowgate?
    When he shot those critical free throws left handed complaining about an elbow injury, which no one confirmed after

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Dude basically got swept after that comment. Flashes of coughing at the dallas series
    He really shouldn't ever open his mouth. He pretty much makes a fool of himself whenever he does.

He's just not all that bright. Combine his dimness with his sense of entitlement, and you've got an enormously douchey personality.

That's a legit list

Though what's elbowgate?
    Trying to showboat with a left handed free throw against the Bulls in 2010. He missed so he claimed to have an elbow injury that multiple MRIs couldn't find.

Later when he lost to the Celtics, the big excuse coming from his fans was this imaginary injury... and Delonte West banging his mom.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    When he shot those critical free throws left handed complaining about an elbow injury, which no one confirmed after
    Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    Trying to showboat with a left handed free throw against the Bulls in 2010. He missed so he claimed to have an elbow injury that multiple MRIs couldn't find.

Later when he lost to the Celtics, the big excuse coming from his fans was this imaginary injury... and Delonte West banging his mom.
    Cheers guys,

Missed this monumental moment.

brb doing research

Banned

Talking Re: Why Do We Hate LeBron James?

he needs to win a champion ship
    then we will like him

That's a legit list

Though what's elbowgate?
    LeBron James' weird elbow injury 2010 playoffs ( the famous celtics/Delonte West ) series

it was a great joke.. he was -still- laughing stock of the NBA

"It was pretty bad. It was something we couldn't figure out exactly what it was. There was times where I couldn't fully extend my elbow, and that's my shooting arm. And I do a lot with my right hand [laughs] ... Close to the last week of the season it started hurting a little bit, and then it just got worse throughout the playoffs."

-------------------------------------

Remember LeBron James' weird elbow injury?
    By Kelly Dwyer

I'm hardly Dr. Andrew Bogut, so I'm not going to tell you if LeBron James(notes) was crazy for thinking that his still-undiagnosed elbow problem was getting in the way of him dominating the Boston Celtics (as he's done many times in the past) last spring. James still put up fantastic stats against the C's as Boston handily did away with James' Cavaliers, but LeBron was far from the efficient model we'd seen several hundred times over as the Celtics moved along.

And as you'll recall, just about every time Boston did something splashy or James did something un-James-like, he made a point to show everyone watching ... "look, my elbow!"

But as distasteful as James' disappearance in the playoffs was last season, and while he still managed to put up massive statistics (while dominating the ball and turning it over quite a bit, it should be said), something was clearly different with the guy during the two rounds of the playoffs his team worked through.

The passage isn't online (in the latest copy of SLAM, on newsstands now), but ProBasketballTalk has quoted an interview James gave to SLAM's Lang Whitaker recently, regarding the elbow:

"It was pretty bad. It was something we couldn't figure out exactly what it was. There was times where I couldn't fully extend my elbow, and that's my shooting arm. And I do a lot with my right hand [laughs] ... Close to the last week of the season it started hurting a little bit, and then it just got worse throughout the playoffs."

As with all things LeBron-y, this isn't a black-and-white case.

It looked like there was something wrong with him last spring, but he didn't have to make it so obvious.

He put up great stats, but unlike the great stats that helped his team win more games in the NBA than anyone else over the last two years, the numbers didn't really help his team in a meaningful way.

And while the injury may have had a huge impact on his team going out way too early in the playoffs, Cleveland still should have won last season.

Boston was -- and is -- a great team, but LeBron took the end of that series off. Despite his stats. At least when he went out in 2009, he went down driving. Going at Dwight Howard(notes). Probably ruing the fact that he, and not Ben Wallace(notes), should have been guarding Rashard Lewis(notes). Not last season. LeBron let it happen. This isn't to discredit the Celtics; they earned that win. But LeBron let things ... happen.

And because things aren't black and white, we don't know how much of a hook to give this guy, once discussion about that as-yet-undiagnosed elbow injury comes into play.

But that's LeBron for you. Keeping things nice and complicated for us.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-276092

LeBron James Elbow
    @ LeBronsElbow
    Last edited by zizozain; 06-21-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Cheers guys,

Missed this monumental moment.

brb doing research
    Just noticed most of the things on my list are from several years ago, which could be immaturity.

I dont think he flops/travels as much as he did during the collusion era. But I might just be desensitized to it now.

For me, it is his fans that make me hate LeBron James. They always blame the players around LeBron when the King comes up short. But praise him when the team wins, with the same so-called bad/mis-fit/lack of talent payers.

I'm not sure.

He's a bit arrogant and egotistical, but he's one of the best players ever, and - from what I can tell - he seems to be a pretty nice guy.

People hate him because he threatens the all time standing of their favorite player. If we're actually being honest, that's the most accurate answer.